Show Your Work 2006 - Page 42 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #616
Trustee

Cat Fight at OK and Corral online

I posted "Cat Fight at OK and Corral" to Video.Google. It is the begining of a modern take on a western. It was inspired by a piece of music titled "Taxim in Red" from Ronni Raygun.

The piece is 7 1/2 minutes and shot with the XL-H1 in 24F DV mode. Just a fun project we did one Saturday for a learning experience. Many people have asked why I ended the piece where I did. This is the first chapter. I am currently writing the rest of the story.

The basic plot: without giving it all away, 2 women are given assignments. They drive to reach their destinations to make their appointments and run into each other. They are old friends in the same line of work. There are guns.

Watch the video here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99451481438165

Have fun with it.

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #617
Regular Crew

Pod for Current.tv

This is our new pod for Current.tv
shoot on Canon XL2 and VHX200

Here is the link:
http://www.current.tv/studio/media/1...=10606699&fr=0
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #618
Raffy Ochoa

really really really bad sound. I dont know anything about sound but this i know. This is bad. Oh, and some of the scenes were too dark. concept is kinda cool. good effort. it needs alot of editing. the film dosnt say enough for the amout of footage...cut it down in half!

Old August 9th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #619
Regular Crew

I really enjoyed that. Very entertaining.

Lou
Old August 9th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #620
New Boot

First, thanks for providing some feedback. I am always open to comments and appreciate when people speak up.

But I rather not get into pushing my own opinions at the moment. I do want to say, though, that the doc was produced so that the voices of the workers alone could be heard. We (the production team) did not want to directly insert our own beliefs, so that the workers themselves could be heard for what they had to say. (Of course, you can argue that we are projecting ourselves into the piece by choosing what makes it into the final film.) But anyway, the immigration issue is incredibly complex and is far from black and white. But that's pretty obvious, anyway.

I think our subject was implying that they do not want to be treated as a lesser people, that they are just like you and me. They are not criminals (if you put aside the border crossing) because they are only here to work for the betterment of their own families. This is true for many of the workers living here. That is not a crime. Getting a legitimate visa, or obtaining US citizenship is extremely difficult, and not a real option for the majority of the people beacuse very few are granted every year.

Anyway, I don't want to get too far into it, but the whole point is that the doc should lead the viewer to ask more questions.
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #621
Trustee

Cool. Well done.
Old August 9th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #622
Regular Crew

Thanks for taking the time to watch it.
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #623
Regular Crew

not bad for 48 hr pickup and drop off..I was hopeing to enter it myself this year made a post on this forum but just couldnt find the people.

for the time you had great job.

P
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #624
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Amder
not bad for 48 hr pickup and drop off..I was hopeing to enter it myself this year made a post on this forum but just couldnt find the people.

for the time you had great job.

P
Maybe we'll work together on the next challenge. Keep in touch!
Old August 10th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #625
Raffy Ochoa

youre a star. i like it. plus i want to do street drumming as well...and have an xl2.

Old August 10th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #626
Major Player

Good job, Sean! *clapping* I have a few questions for you now... 1.) How did you find your actors? 2.) How did you get your actor that drove the mustang to where that outfit? Like how did you say "will you put this on for the movie" type thing?

Thanks.
Gabriel.
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #627
Regular Crew

Sham Rain music video

http://media.putfile.com/Untitled617191

this a video i made for the band "Sham Rain" song "Slow Motions"
i used a cheap trv 19 sony.
this was really a test video and only spent about an hour shooting but alot more editing. just went out boom bam got it done as quik as i could.
let me know what you think
Old August 12th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #628
Regular Crew

Cosmo Conflicts Episode 1

Hey people can you please tell me what you think of this film i made with my friends about 1 month ago. the file is about 16megs. We made it because we were board and i wanted to develope my FX skills.

http://ia310141.us.archive.org/2/ite...o_msn_send.mov

Its a short but snappy film which really has no purpose. But i got alot of poeple buying it so it must be popular.

Last edited by Nathaniel McInnes; August 13th, 2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #629
New Boot

"Just Desserts" Teaser Trailer

Hello all,

I am the director of cinematography and editor of a short film called Just Desserts. We have put together a website with a teaser trailer to showcase the film for publicity purposes:

http://www.justdessertsmovie.1go.dk

This is a scene from the film which is a dream sequence.

The film is shot on a Canon XM2 and edited on Final Cut Pro 5. The trailer is Quicktime Sorenson Video 3 Codec and is 19Mb.

Would love to get some feedback about the teaser trailer.

Cheers,

Janssen Herr
www.janssenherr.com
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #630
Major Player

synopsis plus trailer equals very promising :)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work