Show Your Work 2006 - Page 45 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #661
Regular Crew

The Woodward Dream Cruise

For those of you unfamiliar with this event, it's the ultimate classic/muscle car cruise-in. Taking place the third Saturday in August on the legendary Woodward Avenue in suburban Detroit, it's the only traffic jam you'll ever actually WANT to be in. The entire length of Woodward north of Detroit, nearly 20 miles, becomes a sea of classic cars & trucks (mostly American), hot rods, street machines, and people in "normal" cars checking out the action - it's the ultimate "run what you brung" event.

I usually shoot weddings, so I'm normally not able to attend, but I had this day off this year, so I brought the camera rig and started shooting. Check out this footage, a montage of burnouts and impromptu drag races at the north end of the cruise in Pontiac, Michigan. I made two versions - both are the same except the music track.

1) For us old f*rts, here it is with a classic rock soundtrack (Steve Miller - Living In The USA):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjSfhlVkuU

2) For the young 'uns (aw, heck, it's a great song for all ages!), here's the same thing with a modern rock soundtrack (Nickelback - Animals):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLIp5l4JLnk

It's going on a well-known auto enthusiast site (jalopnik.com) in the morning (8/21).

For those of you outside the U.S.: If you thought Americans might be a bit crazy, this video will remove all doubt.
Old August 20th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #662
Major Player

Gotta love that good ol' American V-8 horsepower!

I wish I could have brought my 87 IROC-Z28.

I used to live in the metro area but then never had a car to "cruise". Now I have one but live down in Ohio. Oh well, such is life. Thanks for posting the clip.

Jeff
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #663
Regular Crew

Jeff, a classic/muscle car is not required to enjoy the cruise. When I left, I decided to go ahead and take Woodward all the way home, and I did it in my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I passed the area where I had been filming, kids were screaming at me to "light 'em up!" Yeah, right...I have a V6 and all wheel drive - the only thing I'm lighting up might be a cigarette.

Oh, Ohioans are welcome, y'know...
Old August 21st, 2006, 12:21 AM   #664
Trustee

For comparison purposes here is a shot without the brevis in the same location: http://rapidshare.de/files/30152097/..._win9.wmv.html

When you look at the 2 videos it looks like they were shot with 2 totaly different cameras.
Old August 21st, 2006, 07:16 PM   #665
Regular Crew

Makes a Great Gift . . .

Howdy,

Would love to get any feedback on the attached "infommercial."

Thanks.

Jason

http://medialab.ifc.com/film_detail.jsp?film_id=2450
Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:33 AM   #666
Major Player

Hey guys,

Thanks for looking at the trailer. I've gotten some good feedback over the past week on what impressions people are getting. I've got some good ideas for how to retool this rough into something better!

Quick overview of the story. The story at its heart is about making choices and unchecked aggression. We immediately setup the movie in the beginning with that tone. Jeff, you're comments are fairly close. And we do genre blend - but I think its effective. The writer-director did a great job of setting up the two sides. In the end, Ian has to make choices. Does he allow himself to be with Ally or does he let Sam, Ally's ex-boyfriend, get to him and ruin anything he could have a chance at having? There's pride issues here.

I think its setup in a realistic way as well and does some new things very well. When I get a new trailer cut, I'll post it online again.

Nick, we're currently just locking picture and moving into post - mainly sound and score but also the color correction and a couple sutble effects shots. Hopefully in a month or two.

Thanks everyone!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM   #667
Major Player

I cant get to the file - can you repost it?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:45 AM   #668
Regular Crew

A Day in the Life...

Hey people can you have a look at this short film i have just finished editing.
Can you please tell me how i can make this better etc

(PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS REQUIRES THE LATEST QUICKTIME PLAYER BECAUSE OF THE H.284 CODEC)

http://logikstudios.co.uk/films/ADITLO_EP01_page.html
Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:33 AM   #669
Regular Crew

Final Apple Ad of series

Howdy...

Well, we've come full circle, and it's time to release our final Apple Ad. We hope you've enjoyed the series.... Thanks for watching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ZTCZW_cRw

Edited with Vegas, of course...

Best,

Benjamin

----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.neo-fight.tv [The "Techno-Debate" Video Podcast]
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:26 AM   #670
Regular Crew

Hello Dino,

Finally got home and had a look at your film.

Not bad for a 48 hour film. I especially liked the choice of shots and atmosphere that they created. I also liked the twist at the end.

I didn't understand why the detectives knew there was a crime at that house. Actually when the two were being arrested I thought the police were there for another reason altogether and figured the story would take the tact of a misunderstanding between the police and the two guys.

However considering how long you had to put together the story, film and edit it I think you did a great job.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:48 PM   #671
Trustee

Hate to admit it being a died in the wool mac head, but the new game ad was damn funny. I, however, am a curiosity in the mac world as I manage a 300 node (all Macintosh) distributed network building and serving databases to the tune of $1Million+/Month with 99.999% uptime, so the "no good for work" thing never rings true for me in these arguments.

But the "no games" thing hurts real bad! Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound ;)
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM   #672
Wrangler

i'm a mac head, but i think these are cute....

the spoof i would really like to see is both computers doing their usual user-loyal back n forth and then both freezing and ultimately crashing simultaneously. now that would be truth in advertising!
Old August 24th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #673
Major Player

my first music video

From BottomLine's first release, Weapon of Choice. Pick a flavor.

QuickTime http://tjborekvideo.com/video/tBL/tBL_Classic.mov

Windows Media http://tjborekvideo.com/video/tBL/tB...c_MED_wide.wmv

The driving scene looks much darker on a computer than on TV. Knock the Media Player Brightness control up to 10 or so for best results.

I wish we could have done more with the stage footage in the last third, different camera angles, but I couldn't get Nate to perform the song twice, and he was only budgeted for single-camera coverage. All in all, I'm pleased. The few test audiences I screened the video to grasped the concept. I don't think everyone will get it.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

T.J.
Old August 24th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #674
Regular Crew

It doesn't seem like there's a "concept". It looks like a performance driven video to me.

N-e-way, I like the video. I laughed when I saw the old man in the chair. The song is awful, and I didn't see the point of having the girl at the end. Overall, I thought the production was good....
Old August 24th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #675
Major Player

I take it the concept is that the old man is him and he's remembering cause he's stood the test of time?

He doesn't look like he wants to be there infront of the camera, he looks very unanimated. I agree with Sheldon the song is awful, i'm more of a 'who' or 'Zeppelin' fan myself but hey that aint your fault.

The video was good you had some nice shots in there, keep it up.

Andy.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work