Show Your Work 2006 - Page 48 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old September 1st, 2006, 05:57 PM   #706
Major Player

Very nicely done.

I would have reduced the green color just slightly but maybe it's my monitor that's oversaturating the colors...

I really liked the fact that you left the reds in. The narration and music are great too.
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:30 PM   #707
Regular Crew

Walter, superb job. The voiceover was excellent, perfectly clear. It was really a terrific job. After he said 'that was then and this is now', I thought it would be better if he was boxing for real, like in a match and he regained his eyesight through the fight, instead of training in the garage.

I like the green colours. I can tell it wasn't totally monochromatic, but green overpowered everything else, except for red.

The font choice for the credits was is a little busy. Something gritty but more simple would work better.

Congratulations on the Honorable Mention.

Justin
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM   #708
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ferdinand
Very nicely done.

I would have reduced the green color just slightly but maybe it's my monitor that's oversaturating the colors...

I really liked the fact that you left the reds in. The narration and music are great too.
Thanks Dave.

I might have blown out some of the highlights when I was CCing but it was all intended.
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:36 PM   #709
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Tomchuk
Walter, superb job. The voiceover was excellent, perfectly clear. It was really a terrific job. After he said 'that was then and this is now', I thought it would be better if he was boxing for real, like in a match and he regained his eyesight through the fight, instead of training in the garage.

I like the green colours. I can tell it wasn't totally monochromatic, but green overpowered everything else, except for red.

The font choice for the credits was is a little busy. Something gritty but more simple would work better.

Congratulations on the Honorable Mention.

Justin
Thanks Justin.

I agree that it would have been better if he had been in a real fight, and that was the way it was originally written but we couldn't get a single boxing club/facility to co-operate with us in Edmonton so we had to write around what we had access to. Pain in the ass to do on any film but an even bigger pain in the ass to do on a 48 Hour Film when you've got extremely limited time.

Glad you liked the green. I was going for the Tony Scott film look.

I wasn't a fan of the font at first but it kind of grew on me. I'll probably never use it again.

Again, thanks for checking it out.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:40 PM   #710
Major Player

More Junipero

heres another 2 minute clip from my student film

http://www.citizencine.com/films/jun...pero_part3.mov

its 100mb QT7 H.264
Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:01 PM   #711
Major Player

I've been following junipero as you've posted it, I think you have a keen sense of how films are put together and how to make them flow. I also think your script is excelent...did you write it yourself? it's like a mix between mad max and shakespeare
.Anyway good work.

Andy.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:59 PM   #712
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

took a few minutes to get used to it .. moves along very well ( good pacing) .... had me laughing ... i'll tune in again ....
the last time i saw somebody go out on the limb like ( or should i say had the gonads like) that was about 9 years ago and that was vin diesel ...
keep em coming !
Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM   #713
Regular Crew

Yellowcow Productions

in all reality it is just me, but here is a link to my website: www.yellowcow.net and also if you find that doesnt work so well or you would just rather watch it at youtube you can watch them at www.youtube.com/misternils Leave any comments here or where ever, or if you really want you can e-mail me at yelowcow@yahoo.com
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:50 PM   #714
Regular Crew

[I] - Montage work on "Structure"

Hello. This is the second short film I post. Hope this one has better luck than the last one... ^_^

I made it for my Montage class. It's supposed to be a structural composition over framing cuts, where it's all harmoniously put together to provide a meaning... Though I don't know if I've succeded or not, since we haven't been told of the outcome of the evaluation of the practical works.

Anyways, hope you can tell me whether it's worth a penny at least, so please leave any feedback you feel like, 'cause I'm not very sure what to think of it, since I had to toss some ideas, and I really need some criticism.

By the way, it was shot on digital, of course, but I would like you to watch it before I tell you what I shot it with, 'cause hopefully you'll be surprised to know afterwards what camera I used.
Here's the link. It's a .mov file, 18MB. Just go to the blue link "Download for free with FileFactory Basic", and on the next page hit "Click here to begin your download":

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2fa341/

See ya!

Last edited by Ernesto Mantaras; September 4th, 2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:37 PM   #715
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

i don't see any clip ?
does one have to register to view clips ?
Old September 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #716
Regular Crew

Oh, I just got here. You just have to hit the link that says:

"Download for free with FileFactory Basic"

That will lead you to another page where the link for the video will be made available. That one will be:

"Click here to begin your download"

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't have any dedicated server to host the file. Hope you don't have any more problems.
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #717
Regular Crew

The Green Bench Show: Episode One "Violence"

www.greenbench.tv/Violence.wmv

Hey all, just finished the first episode of our sketch comedy show. It's just something me and my friends have been doing for fun over the past few years. We spent a whopping total of $21 on this one! But nonetheless, it still came out pretty funny.

Problems I am aware of:

Audio in a few places overmodulates and the crinkling of clothes against the mic can be heard.

Lighting is a little harsh at some places, but we shot guerilla style so there was no time to set up lighting (same applies to audio).

A few other problems as well since again, we shot guerilla style, but it was a fun learning experience. Any feedback is greatly appreciated (even if you absolutely hated it).
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #718
Regular Crew

Trailer for a new short, "How to be a Girl"

I have been working on a new short called "How to be a Girl" and just posted a trailer for it on Saturday. I hope you enjoy and would love to hear comments or criticisms!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33701968&hl=en

For a more high quality version that requires the DivX Plugin please visit:

http://stage6.divx.com/members/84029/videos/1008430

This trailer features music by Elyce. http://www.myspace.com/elycemusic Check out her profile for more great music!

Thanks,
Josh
http://www.howtobeagirlmovie.com
Old September 5th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #719
Major Player

That was a good laugh, Nils. Nice work :)
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #720
Major Player

I agree with Don - It was good. Lots of fun. Some of the...ahem...humor was a bit gross, but I thought it was a real hoot.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work