Show Your Work 2006 - Page 66 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:59 PM   #976
Regular Crew

Cool. Very nice stylistic work. I agree with Brian, though. A little long.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:44 AM   #977
Major Player

i wanted it to be long because i wanted there to be this odd pacing and almost fractured time space, i feel that way alot, like ive "driven 100 miles in 10 min" also wanted the audience to get fidegty, tension and control over audience is fun :-)
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:46 AM   #978
New Boot

thanks, what do u mean by different mono coloration?
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:27 PM   #979
Major Player

Making skis in your garage: vid clip

Working on a grassroots ski company mini doc of sorts. Here is a quick edit from some footage last weekend.

5200K Bits/sec-75mb-Windows Media-2 minutes

http://www.fritzrips.com/FritzripsRandomVids/Bro.wmv
Old November 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM   #980
Inner Circle

Independent UK Music Video DVD

I hope this is an acceptable post; if not I sincerely apologise and will completely understand if it's removed as it is a commercial posting.

Please check out www.ndividz.com, a new monthly DVD compilation of the very best low-to-no budget, independently produced music videos in the UK (UK only for now) presented in all their original high res glory, not in a little YouSpace/MyTube window.

Submission deadline is 15th November for the first issue, to be released December. Submission forms and rules are on the website.

Please note there is a charge for all videos that are included on the DVD but no charge for submitting them for review. Just wanted to clear that up so no-one gets upset when they visit the site and find that out! If the DVD is a success then the charge will be reduced or eliminated in the future.

If you're interested in subscribing (worldwide) or have any questions please email me directly (ianpstark@ntlworld.com) as ndividz mail is down at the moment thanks to a DNS problem.

Hope to see lots of your videos.

Ian . . .
Old November 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM   #981
Regular Crew

Excellent idea, i will have one ready for you in january.. ill be in touch :)
Old November 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM   #982
Inner Circle

Glad you like it! Look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Ian . . .
Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:27 PM   #983
Major Player

My first time recording to DV!

I did it! I am so proud of the image quality! Unfortunately, youtube totally messed up the video! But you can still see my efforts here.

If anyone knows of a good site that host free videos with good image quality, that would be great!

The real version (before compression and so forth), looked amazing, I was very satisfied with it.

Please leave any constructive criticism and suggestions here. Also, if you have a youtube account, please rate it and leave a comment.

Thank you,
~Gabriel~
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:26 PM   #984
Trustee

Hi Gabriel,

Just got thru looking at you first video. My first comment is to get it off of youtube. The recompression they do on your video is an insult to anyone's work. I recommend putfile.com. Its free, no recompression, unlimited uploads up to 25mb each. Next I want to recommend that you experiment with Windows Media Encoder 9 to get better quality for the web. It's free also.

Now for your video. Nice choice of music. I'd recommend less movement of the camera. Pick your shots carefully and frame them tighter in the camera. Everyone has a different techniqe but I treat it like I'm taking a photograph. Eliminate everything from the scene except the main topic. That is what the viewer will focus on. Maybe others will chime in on story line etc.

Your video is a good first attempt. Now its time to learn and hone your shooting and editing skills. Keep looking at some of the videos in this site's "over water and land" section for inspiration.

Regards,
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:44 PM   #985
Major Player

Thanks for watching. And thanks for the advice. I forgot to mention tho, that the footage is all raw. I did not edit it, I just put some music to it and called it good. Sorry for not saying that earlier.

I have also taken stills before, I love it, and I wish that it was not so expensive. oh, and one other thing I forgot to say, the squirrel footage was hand held and was at max zoom.

Thanks for viewing it!
~Gabriel~

Last edited by Gabriel Yeager; November 3rd, 2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM   #986
Regular Crew

Spoof of James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful'

Here is a spoof of James Blunts "famous" music video that has no point to it that we decided to make in our spare time.

Shot with a Canon GL 1, composited (not perfectly though ;) in After Effects, and edited in Vegas.

http://www.billsfilms.com/films/yourebeautiful.html

Tell me what you think.

SB
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:39 PM   #987
Regular Crew

I don't get it.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:55 PM   #988
Major Player

There's nothing to get. A spoof is supposed to be funny-this ain't. It's actually monotonous, unwitty, boring. I've already seen other spoofs on that song and they were at least kinda funny...Now, as far as the image,not bad at all.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM   #989
Regular Crew

A lazy sunday remake that is gaining popularity

About 9 months ago me and my college friend remade completely; shot-for-shot the original SNL digital short entitled Lazy Sunday. Since we put it up on youtube, its been getting a substantial amount of attention from people (mentioned in the LA Times). So here it is... Shot with 2 DVX100a's over a span of about 4 days. I am the guy with dark hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPF1RNZ9FYI

-Max Sitnikov
Old November 4th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #990
Tourist

If you want to parody that song, at least use the parody version of the lyrics too...

"My Cubicle" is a much better song. :D
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work