Show Your Work 2006 - Page 67 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old November 4th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #991
Tourist

The video quality looks great. Having been a skiier for the past 24 years I'd be interested in seeing the finished doc... I'm sure it's a temporary thing, but the music was kind of overbearing in my opinion..
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #992
Trustee

Production wise very close to the original, performances of Chris and Andy just cant be touched though... not sure I understand why you chose to remake it. Was it a project for school or just some bored homage? =o)

ash =o)
Old November 4th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #993
Regular Crew

boredom but mostly a craving for magnolia bakery cupcakes. We filmed this before the remakes actually started coming out and even met Seth Meyers while we were filming it (our video actually got to SNL and he recognized us). So that was cool
Old November 4th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #994
Regular Crew

Letters from a Madman

Here's a three minute thriller I made a while ago. I would welcome any comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlu1Wc-7TN4
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #995
New Boot

School Snow Trip

hey i'm in year 11 at my school and i was asked to film my school snow trip and was wondering if you guys could just take a quick look at the video and tell me what you think. Thanks

This is the link

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1275561205
Old November 5th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #996
Major Player

Hey Sonny. Well, pretty good for a fledgling effort. Keeping in mind the context of what the video was for (to document a school trip), I'd say that the good points were creative shot choices, even some good use of DOF, and good editing to the music. The only things that really stuck out to me as not so great was the use of colorization to give the video an effected look. Just let the shots do the talking. You had quite a few shots where the subjects were back-lit, but I don't know what your options might have been for positioning your self so that the sun was behind you. The air-guitar/lip sync part was pretty painful to watch, the kind of thing that is sort of an "inside joke" that only friends and family will enjoy (but then again, the context of the video has to be considered).
I think you're choosing really good angles and shots, especially if you were looking to a career for outdoor travel shows or something similar. I also liked that your editing was "tight". You didn't linger too long on any one shot. If you want to up the anty on your next project, try to work on getting all your shots looking the same color wise, through both shooting and color correction. I bet you school loved the video.
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:02 PM   #997
Trustee

Fun stuff!

ash =o)
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #998
New Boot

lol yes many inside jokes, yeh the school did love the video. thanks for an in depth review CJ.
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:59 AM   #999
Major Player

That was spot on man! Some hilarious sh*t you guys made, just as good as the original!
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #1000
Major Player

What about this was a spoof? It just looks like a weak knock-off, with a randomly inserted piece of masterbation humour. A spoof is supposed to change the original text to make fun of it, not just copy it.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #1001
Regular Crew

dude, sorry to be the rain, but it's tough to compete with guys doing something like this:

http://blacklotuspro.trafikfilms.com.../emotional.mov
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:08 AM   #1002
Major Player

I'm sorry, but I really don't get this either. What's the spoof? I didn't see anything funny there.
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #1003
Major Player

I'm not usually one to bump my own threads, but, well, you know... *bump*

:)
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #1004
Regular Crew

New R&B Music Video

Hey everyone,

Check out the brand new R&B music video by the very talented Solcetfre Project ft. William Trice (pronounced Soul – Set – Free). The video was produced by Green Bench Productions and directed by John Holland.

http://www.greenbench.tv/videos/Solcetfre.wmv

The video was shot with a DVX100B, two Lowel lighting kits and a Glidecam 2000 Pro. We had a budget of only $350. We shot at 5 locations (some we rearranged around to look differently) over the span of 3 days. I got about a total of 6 hours sleep between Friday morning and Sunday Night.

Feedback is appreciated!
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #1005
Regular Crew

You want a funny spoof of "Your Beautiful".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thtmaZnxk_0
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work