Show Your Work 2006 - Page 68 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #1006
Major Player

Hey John, that's a lot of production value for $350. Lots of good looking shots. I think the only thing I didn't like was the Glidecam footage, it really dips from side to side too much for me, put that's just me. I get woozy easily watching that kind of stuff for some weird reason. Some nice lighting, good shot composition too. What did you use during shooting to do the lip sync?
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #1007
Major Player

I agree. The shots looked great, especially the beach shots. I felt the editing was overdone at times, it seemed like you were copying some of the current video fads. The sometimes quick editing looked odd against the slower more deliberate cuts. also the artist did seem fully relaxed. Good video.
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #1008
New Boot

Call for Entries! Estes Park Film Festival

The 2nd Annual Estes Park Film Festival is now accepting your film entries!

We are looking for the best independent feature films, documentaries, and short films in all genres. Films accepted into the festival will be eligible to compete for cash prizes up to $1,000, and a chance to attend one of the most exciting annual events in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado. To enter your film, please visit www.estesparkfilm.com . If you have any questions, please e-mail us at info@estesparkfilm.com . We hope to see you at the festival!

The Estes Park Film Festival will take place at The Historic Park Theatre September 14th through the 16th, 2007 with an awards ceremony on the final night! The Festival will showcase an amazing blend of independent feature length films, short films, and documentaries. Estes Park, Colorado, Gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, is the perfect back-drop for a film festival. Millions of people visit each year to enjoy the shops, golf courses, beautiful mountain scenery, horseback riding, and numerous hiking trails. In addition to the films the Estes Park Film Festival will also serve as a fundraising event to help renovate and restore The Historic Park Theatre to its original cinematic elegance.

The Estes Park Film Festival is dedicated to providing a platform for filmmakers from around the world to screen their newest productions in the relaxing and creative atmosphere of Estes Park, Colorado. Our goal is to entertain, inspire, and advance a greater appreciation of independent film.

Entry Fees & Deadlines:

Early Submission Deadline: November 10th, 2006 – January 1st, 2007: $30 Features (Narrative or Documentary) / $25 Shorts / $20 Students

Regular Submission Deadline: January 2nd, 2007 – May 1st, 2007: $35 Features (Narrative or Documentary) / $30 Shorts / $25 Students

Late Submission Deadline: May 2nd, 2007 – June 1st, 2007: $40 Features (Narrative or Documentary) / $35 Shorts / $30 Students

Entries postmarked after the late deadline will not be accepted.
All student film entries must include a photocopy of a valid student I.D.

www.estesparkfilm.com
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #1009
Trustee

Are you on withoutabox?
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #1010
Wrangler

i gotta plug sean's festival. he does a wonderful job welcoming the producers. and estes park is a very pretty place to watch your film projected in an historic theater. this past year's event was great fun, unfortunately i had to drag two five-year-olds along, so i could not take maximum advantage of all the good times. but it's a terrific event.
Old November 11th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1011
Regular Crew

I seem to be the only one here who cannot attract a comment. It looks a little embarrassing. Is it youtube or should I post a link to a better quality download?
Old November 11th, 2006, 11:49 PM   #1012
Major Player

Mark,

I didn't really understand it. the beginning didn't make much sense. I'm gonna watch it a few more times. Technically, the sound needed some work.
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #1013
Major Player

Hey Mark,

I just watched your film then...

I think the story needed a bit more work. The concept seems a little shallow.

Never-the-less, it kept me interested for 3 minutes.

Chris!
Old November 12th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #1014
Major Player

Looking for copyright-free audio from productions

Hi all,

We're editing some scenes for our weekly soap-opera/series about four students in Holland, and we have these two scenes where they're watching TV. Now we're looking for some material that is supposedly on that TV. It's only about the audio, as you don't see the TV from the front. Is there anyone that likes to have a bit of their production on there? It can be anything from a movie to a documentary to fake commercial or live event. We're not too picky as we don't have a lot of time/options. The only important thing is that you made it and didn't use any copyrighted music yourself of course...
Thank you very much in advance!

Steven
Old November 12th, 2006, 10:07 PM   #1015
Regular Crew

The 3 from 37.000 stories

http://www.current.tv/watch/16479534
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #1016
Regular Crew

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys!

I wish I could have traded some of those glidecam shots for dollies (especially outside at the beach, because it was extremly windy).

I pulled a bunch of favors from some friends to get all the locations for free (otherwise the video would have cost in the thousands).

Overall I learned a lot in this video, especially in the field of producing. In past videos I've never really gone outside of my city to shoot, but this time, we traveled everywhere, and the locations definitely helped the video out. I also got better in my directing during the duration of this video. In all, this was a great learning experience and I'm ready to apply what I got from this video to the next.

Next video shoot is in January!
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #1017
Regular Crew

DVdoc at ILFF BayArea

Would like to invite anyone around the SF BayArea to stop by the screening (17th of November, 6:30PM, LaPeña Cultural Center, Berkeley) of my doc shot with an XL1 PAL, a couple years ago, competing within the Music Documentary Category of the 10th http://www.latinofilmfestival.org/

movie site
http://www.poetadelguaran.com.ar/

quicktime trailer
http://www.poetadelguaran.com.ar/video/pop_up.html

I would also like to check out the HVX200 and stabilization systems in the San Fran area. Any recommendations for this?
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #1018
Tourist

Puzuki | Motion Art - Independent Video Art

Hi all:

Newbie here. I am an independent artist making stock footage for video professionals. All of my work is available for free download.

http://www.puzuki.com/motion_art.html

The file formats are Quicktime - 768x576, 640x480, 320x240 - Motion JPEG-A @90% (29.97fps). These can be used for any purpose under a Creative Commons deed. I only ask to give credit when due, and do not take credit for my work.

I am an unemployed artist. If you would like to support this effort please check out http://www.puzuki.com/motion_art-advertise.html

:Pat
Old November 14th, 2006, 01:48 AM   #1019
Major Player

Nov 14. on MTV

***The following is a shameless plug for a TV show I was an editor on***

The 10 Best & Worst Video Games of all Time will premiere on MTV on Nov 14th at 8pm. I don't know what it's officially called in your local channel guide, but it's listed as "GameTrailers.com: Best & Worst Games" on tv.yahoo.com.

If you miss it that night I'm sure you can catch it again as it will air 16 times on MTV and MTV2.

-A
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #1020
Major Player

I just found out we tossed the promo onto the website.
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1796

-A
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work