Show Your Work 2006 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old January 5th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #1
New Boot

New website with our shorts

Hey all. We just got our website up and running recently. It has our horror shorts on it that we've done so far. We used a Sony TRV18 Mini DV. They're pretty cheesy but a lot of people have found them entertaining. This is just something we do for fun as a hobby and have very little experience. But we have developed quite a passion for doing it. We recently got a Sony VX2100 and are working on a zombie short right now. It seems light years ahead of our other stuff and has lots of effects in it.
Anyways, feel free to check out our stuff at http://darkhousemovies.com/
and leave some comments if you like. Go to the projects page. Thanks guys.
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #2
Trustee

Laughing at the thread title. Like I really want to look at your shorts. Who cares if you wear boxers or briefs? ;P

Thanks. Will check out as time permits.
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #3
New Boot

Well shucky darn! I never even noticed. Yeah it's nothing to do with our pants or undergarments!
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Why thank you sir! The bands name is Minutes too Far. They are out of Oklahoma City.

www.minutestoofar.com
Old January 6th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #5
Regular Crew

ALL about our new feature (Video Montage inside)

Hello everyone,
After lurking in the shadows for awhile, I finally I broke the barrier and registered an account! So first of all, a shout to to everyone here. . .this is a great place.

Ok, let me first explain what the movie called 'Do Not Disturb' is about(without giving it away) so you're not totally clueless before watching a 'making of' montage. It's about a couple, the night before their wedding. They check into a hotel and are to spend one last romantic evening together(until midnight) before they marry each other. After a visit from a bell-boy, an old friend of the groom. . .a series of secrets are revealed and send the amazing night into a downward spiral of confession. . .and after realizing all these new things about one another, it's as if they don't even know each other. . .so what is the call, will they decide to get married?--Or call off the whole thing?

It's a small budget indy of coarse (small budget as in less than $1000Cdn) and 90% of the movie takes place in a single hotel room. It is shot with a DVX100a all with natural lighting in only 5 days. We documented the entire making of, with a website that we posted 5 video blog updates per day from that day of shooting along with hourly picture updates and a live webcam on set so people could watch the making of in progress. It was a really cool experience!! (unfortunately I didn't get to let you guys know about it before we started. sorry!!)

So yeah, now that I went on and on way more than I intended. . .Here's the video montage I completed last week reviewing the progression of making the movie(Vegas 6). . .this was mainly targeted towards the cast and crew as a keepsake but I figured I would share here it aswell. The actual footage clips in the montage have a timecode and are in a 16:9 ratio. (not color corrected yet or anything though of coarse).
Do Not Disturb Beautiful Love Montage(WMV)
Do Not Disturb Beautiful Love Montage(MOV)

You can also still check out all of the video blogs, pictures and directors journal entrys from the movie at http://www.mimetic.tv/donotdisturb We're hoping to have the final cut completed by June but we'll be entering the rough cut into film festivals early this year.

Thanks for taking the time to read my novel! haha. Please feel free to leave some comments/feedback, It's always appreciated.
Old January 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey Steve,
I watched all of the video blogs and I'm really glad to see that you did that! I think it's great that you are making a low budget feature in the first place. The documentation of it is really cool and was quite intersting, I had no problem watching them all.

I'm excited to see the finished product. How will I be able to get a hold of a copy when it's done?
Old January 8th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Looks great, love the documentation. I wish great success to all of you. I'm learning so much from this forum and seeing what every one is doing, how it should look, the blood, sweat and tears put into every production. Keep up the great work, it'll pay off.
Old January 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #8
Major Player

Nothing but good things to say here, it looks great. The thing that sticks out the most to me is that you all look like your having great fun and that rubs off on the final film. the actors look very good and the composition of your shots looks good...well done.

I noticed the guy on the computer, was that just your sound engineer recording the audio or were you editing as you went? cause editing as you are filmming is something i'd like to try on my next project, could save alot of time later. all the best.

Andy.
Old January 8th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Diet Coke parody commercial

"Diet Coke Parody Commercial"
Running Time: approx. 1 minute

The Story: Parody of the Diet Coke commercial "Loft," as seen in theaters Winter 2005 and online at www.dietcoke.com.

Production Notes: Pretty simple story for how this came about: it's winter break 2005, we're bored, we see this commercial in theaters and decide to parody it. Shot in about an hour, edited in about an hour. Not much, but hope you enjoy!

Download: http://www.amfproductions.com/dietcoke.mov (4.45mb)
Old January 9th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #10
Major Player

Sweet Lord Jesus in a birch-bark canoe!

It's Quaylar!

Nothing says comedy like a kick in the McNuggets™.

You have made me laugh.

Not as much as last night's Family Guy, mind you, but close.

"...freshly shaven leg."

Dear God in heaven I thought I was having a stroke, I laughed that hard.

BTW. Nice job for a quick knockoff.

sincerely,

ian

"Andrew Isaac for Prime Minister©"
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #11
Regular Crew

"Long Brown Coat" short shot using Mini35/dvx: check it out.

Hey ya'all.

www.atomicworkshop.org is hosting two of my films, "Long Brown Coat" and "Gasoline". They are torrent files with enough seeds. They are mp4's so go ahead and check them out, if it please ya. (ignore the blog related website -- unless you care about it, the site is changing over soon)

"Long Brown Coat" just wrapped its "festival" circuit. Pretty interesting short all around. Shot using the dvx and mini35 with some old Cooke 35mm lenses.

The tale told is pretty wicked, deals with dream worlds and metaphysics. Anime inspired, dark tower inspired, sort of has an surreal pulp pop tone... don't ask me, see for yourself.

Might also be interesting from a craft perspective. A large part of the success of the film comes from the art direction, which you can judge for yourself. Everything was designed and built from the ground up - so I got the chance to build a world.

Really proud of the sound design - I recommend watching with good speakers if you have 'em.

"Long Brown Coat" has its own little website if you want to see some photos and stuff while the torrents download. www.longbrowncoat.com

Rock and Roll. Worked hard on them, hope it pays off for you. Do me a favor; if you liked it, or thought it was interesting pass it on to a fellow.

Dean "Fireman by trade” Bull

P.S. Bear with me on the the web hosting... right now they are in mp4 but I am gonna try and get a few types of compression up for those who can't view that format.
Old January 10th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #12
Regular Crew

The first day of school was fun to watch. Especially when the boys were tying their shoe laces and the youngest got it down but still needed to "torque" the laces down a few more inch pounds <ha>

Thanks.
Old January 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Thanks! If you wanna see others please just visit:
www.bigeyedeamedia.com
tell me what you think.
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #14
Major Player

Help Needed - Footage Request

Hi everybody. I need some help aquiring some footage. I don't have the time to shoot this myself otherwise I would. I need timelapse footage of clouds, city life, cars passing. I've searched enough to know that I get it through stock-footage sites. The problem is...I'm just a student and have tutition etajdgfju4tasdjfasj and all that. So...I can't really buy any. Plus its just for a small non-profit project anyways. So I figured I'd ask for the board's help. I'm sure people on here have timelapse footage. Looking for urbanish. Needs to be full-res DV, prefer 3chip cam source, prefer 24p (but I can always make 30i into 24p so no real pref there)

PLEASE HELP!!! Id love you all and give credit.
Old January 11th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #15
Inner Circle

There's a station in Vancouver that did a ton of that footage! It's called Channel M. Maybe you could contact them and ask for a mini-DV dub of their footage. This is their website: http://www.channelm.ca
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work