"The Dingle" my latest short film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 24th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"The Dingle" my latest short film

Greetings folks. This is my latest short film and my first with the Panasonic DVX100a.

The Story: It's the beginning of a new year at college and Dan Hamlin is excited to move into his new dorm room. Imagine his surprise when his new roommate turns out to be Alyson Bartley. When Dan and Alyson try to fix their housing arrangement, matters just get worse. The tyrannical housing director Silvano De Luca and Reynolds, his skiddish, but loyal, office assistant, remove Alyson from the dorm room and give Dan 48 hours to find a roommate...or else.

"The Dingle" http://dingle.amfproductions.com/dingle_movie.mov (136 MB, 23 minutes)

Happy watching!
Old November 27th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Major Player

I like it Bryan. It was really nice. Looks like American Pie and all that but it would have been nice if the story ended whereby one hot girl now ended up being is room mate. .. just messing around men.

.. OVERALL, the movie was very nice, good acting by EVERYONE, it was funny, nice camera angles but I would have loved to see the following though. Over the shoulder shots, dolly movements, out of focus, crane shots e.g, when the whole movie started when Dan was dropped off at the dorm, when he walked up to where the dorm is, he stopped and look at the building, a crane shot would have been nice there.

I give it 8/10
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Believe me I would have liked to have crane shots and dolly shots too. I just didn't have a crane or dolly.

Anyway, thanks for watching!
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

hey man i just watched the dingle movie. very impressive. i like the plot had a very nice turn to it. the acting was good also and your shots were good. personally i dont think you needed any dolly shots. the only thing i say could have been better was the color correction. on some of the shots the white just drowned the picture out when the sun was shinning really bright. i say just work on your coor correction and you should be fine. great movie. could you tell me some sites to upload videos to also cause i have some things that i want to put on here also..
Derrick A.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:39 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Wow DINGLE is a great vid! FANTASTIC. Most college students can relate. The crazy unexplainable hoops one must go through. Great twist. Music fit perfectly, great editing. Compared to me my friend are a pro!
David Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #6
Tourist

Whoa, small world, eh Bryan?

-Silverfox
Hunter Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #7
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

overall very good project ... you do speak the language of cinema very well !!

is this a hobby or are you going for a movie carreer ??
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks for comments everyone, I really appreciate it!

Not a hobby, Don. I'd definitely like to work in the film industry in some capacity.
Old January 20th, 2006, 03:01 AM   #9
Major Player

Good on ya Bryan, great film mate...

Just out of curiousity, what camera did you use & how long did filming & post production take?
James Darren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work