DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   First Music Video DVX 100a (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/57701-first-music-video-dvx-100a.html)

Jay C Masters January 7th, 2006 10:40 AM

First Music Video DVX 100a

what's up guys

Just finish wrapping up my first Music video. I built a camera stabilizer modifying The Poor Man's Steadicam by Johnny Chung Lee. I used some reflectors and played the track off a small radio on location. I didn't have much of a budget so I focused on composition and framing.

Slang and Doc "Get'em Outta Here / Dimes Of Yay"
Album: Boot 2 Grill
Director:Jay Masters
Right Turn Productions

Check out the rough cut on www.video.google.com.
Search: P.Doc or Jay Espinal

I would love to hear what you guys think. I just finished CC, waiting for the good folks at video.google.com to post the final CC version on the h.264 codec.

Gary Franks January 7th, 2006 02:08 PM

looks pretty good. I can see it needs a little more editing, but so far it is pretty decent.

Goodluck

Jay C Masters January 7th, 2006 03:13 PM

Thanks for watching

Jean-Francois Robichaud January 7th, 2006 06:02 PM

I like it. It's got a good flow to it. Nice colours. In the first part, I felt there was too much headroom in some shots. And the blown out sky in many shots bothered me a bit. There are a few cuts here or there that seemed too quick, some shots seemed to appear for a fraction of a second. I like the 2nd part better. It was simpler, and the edit seemed to match the music better.

Jay C Masters January 8th, 2006 04:44 PM

I appreciate your comments guys thank you. I understand what you mean Jean-Francois, I had a big set back in the production due to the fact that P.Doc was shoot twice in the back later that night and I couldn't do a re-shoot. Yeah the blown out shy sucks..lol. I'm glad that by way of this video I learned more about the camera filters and shutter speeds to fix this problem in the future.

The second portion went off without any problems and I was able to take my time, although looking back I would have done a few things different.

As far as the editing, i was going for a fast pase. But I thought it might be too fast aswell.

Jean-Francois Robichaud January 9th, 2006 09:25 AM

Just to make it clear, I like the overall fast pace of the piece. There are just a small number of cuts here and there that I felt went by too fast.

Jeremy Hughes January 9th, 2006 01:13 PM

The one other thing I noticed, and this was on some of the closer headshots too, was trying to get that lip sync tuned up a little closer. It was off enough in a few places I really noticed it.

Overall I liked it too. 2nd half of the video had a much more invisible edit to it which smoothed it out

Jay C Masters January 11th, 2006 10:01 AM

Thank you for that observation Jeremy I will fix that before outputing to tape. and yeah I did like the second video myself.