First shoot with the M2 (Micro35) at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 25th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 842
First shoot with the M2 (Micro35)

Here's a quick shoot we did with the M2.

http://617pg.com/m2/

(video requires Quicktime 7)
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: location
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough
Here's a quick shoot we did with the M2.

http://617pg.com/m2/

(video requires Quicktime 7)
The DOF looks nice.
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toowoomba, Australia
Posts: 370
Looks great. Love the depth of field on the M2 - you could definitely tell the difference between the two cameras.

What lens did you use on the M2?

Thanks,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #4
Trustee
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,689
Camera 2 was set-up very poorly, try a knee adjustment or turning down the aperature. The M2 stuff was a lot better but you could have got a very similar look from using the stock lens a little longer. I do it all the time on the XL2. I am sure you will get better at using it, it surely can be a great tool.


ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Greyson
Camera 2 was set-up very poorly, try a knee adjustment or turning down the aperature. The M2 stuff was a lot better but you could have got a very similar look from using the stock lens a little longer. I do it all the time on the XL2. I am sure you will get better at using it, it surely can be a great tool.


ash =o)
Camera 2 was just grabbed by a buddy there and shot in full auto, those shots didn't make it into the final but I liked seeing the difference.

What do you mean 'using the stock lens a little longer'?
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #6
Old Boot
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London UK
Posts: 3,528
Bryan? Tell me, Audio question here, can I see a mic boom sticking out from between the legs of the SonyHD's Tripod? If so, can you explain how you are supporting this? I think that is a truly neat solution for a one-man concern!

TIA,

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard
Bryan? Tell me, Audio question here, can I see a mic boom sticking out from between the legs of the SonyHD's Tripod? If so, can you explain how you are supporting this? I think that is a truly neat solution for a one-man concern!

TIA,

Grazie
It's just a regular mic stand, something like this:

http://www.midi-classics.com/i/p23914.gif
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #8
Trustee
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,689
Longer means your camera postion is farther away and you are zoomed in, making the lens longer. I shot some stuff with the XLH yesterday, all zoomed from 10X to 20X and several people thought I had used a mini35 rig....



ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:09 AM   #9
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Greyson
Longer means your camera postion is farther away and you are zoomed in, making the lens longer. I shot some stuff with the XLH yesterday, all zoomed from 10X to 20X and several people thought I had used a mini35 rig....



ash =o)
Oh yeah, we did all that before getting the rig. Not sure what you can do with the XL, but there's a HUGE difference using the micro35 and just manipulating the stock lens on the FX1.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:50 AM   #10
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 532
The Z1 M2 stuff looks great! Also it didn't look 60i did you convert this in post?
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 06:19 PM   #11
Trustee
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough
Oh yeah, we did all that before getting the rig. Not sure what you can do with the XL, but there's a HUGE difference using the micro35 and just manipulating the stock lens on the FX1.

The XL lenses are a bit longer... and with eithe 35 stuff you can keep your frame pretty wide and still get a small DOF....



ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network