Show Your Work 2003 - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 19th, 2003, 10:40 PM   #436
High School Student

Tom Green Contest Music Video...

Here's a quickie music video I did for this tom green show contest, "why should glenn and tom come to your town".

I had very limited time to do it (I did the beat, wrote and recorded the song in about 5 hours, and shot all this stuff for the video in a few hours, pretty much all tripod shots. I wish I was doing it for someone else so I could of done moving shots, and I didn't have time/access to get most of the "story" shots, that I wanted. I managed to edit this together from what I had gotten, though.)

Enjoy, and hopefully it will be on his show soon, heh.

ftp://24.209.61.85/Tom_Green_Contest_Video.wmv
(Right Click > Save target as)
Old August 20th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #437
Major Player

very funny stuff. I'm not going to regurgitate what has been said already, but I loved the driver joke at the end.
Old August 20th, 2003, 12:10 AM   #438
Trustee

In a weird sort of way, I found that enjoyable - though I coulda done without the cat poo. But hey, that's very Tom Green-ish. Your projects are getting visibly better with each go. Good luck getting on the show! I doubt there are many other high schoolers out there as capable with Vegas and a cam as you.

BTW, what effects did you use to achieve that golden flickering look at the start of the video? Looks pretty cool.
Old August 20th, 2003, 09:11 AM   #439
Inner Circle

Just got an email from the Ft. Lauderdale Film festival group. Charlotte Sometimes will be screening at Cinema Paradiso Sep 5 - 11 for those interested. I think it's free for members, not sure what the cost will be for non members.
Old August 20th, 2003, 09:25 AM   #440
Inner Circle

'Joshua Calling' new shot on DV feature

Attention local FL movie makers and wannabes...

Joshua Calling is the first feature length film from South Florida filmmakers Brian Rosenthal and Jonathan Zietz. Many of you might know about Brian since he hangs out over at dv.com in the independent film forum. He made this film at the ripe old age of 20. It was shot on a JVC DV500, edited on a Premier/RTX100 based system.

synopsis from the Ft. Lauderdale Film festival group.

Gregory Endicott leads a perfect life - he's at the top of his class, has a promising career, supportive parents, and a loving girlfriend. When Gregory starts to suspect his twin brother, Joshua, is still alive, his life slowly begins to unravel. Gregory's journey to find out the truth leads him to the discovery of a dark family secret that will forever change him.

When...this coming Friday the 22nd 9:30 pm at Cinema Paradiso in Ft. Lauderdale.

Cinema Paradiso is located at 503 SE 6th Street, one block east of the county courthouse in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Please visit www.cinemaparadiso.org for map and directions.
Box Office # 954-525-3456

Sorry for the short notice, I just got the email.

Brian uses the handle 'Sparksnew' over at dv.com if you want to contact him.
Old August 20th, 2003, 09:46 AM   #441
Inner Circle

silly me.. here is the link to the movie site where you can download a trailer

http://www.joshuacalling.com

tickets are $4.00
Old August 20th, 2003, 02:05 PM   #442
High School Student

Stupid freakin post ofice. I go in there to mail out this tape, and I was standing in the line, and they are like "CRAP SHE LOCKED UP!"...their stupid computers locked up. Jesus, they are the freaking part of the government, whats it take for them to get their **** straight? Then I was like "well, will it be back up tomorrow"? The dude just shurggs his shoulders at me...
Old August 20th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #443
Regular Crew

Alex, relax man, patience is a virtue. The post office is quite inefficient, and from memory the machines in my local post office look like they were some of the earliest incarnations of the modern marvel we call the computer. They're so old I'm not sure that they actually contain enough modern technology to be called computers. Actually, I'm pretty sure its just a large cardboard box, primed with metalic paint to look electronic that contains a moderate number of well trained monkeys with calculators. But I digress.

As for your video, I thought it was really quite funny. But content aside, I thought for the limited shots you were able to do (i.e. being restricted to a tripod) you compensated well with properly paced editing, and smooth transitions as well. However, I was talking to a buddy of mine who knows someone involved in the show, and they were actually talking about the video submissions (the guy actually viewed a number of the viewer submissions). Apparently, the show has been recieving a HUGE number of mock music videos, and they said that is exactly what they don't want. I was told that some of them were really funny just because the people that made them were complete freaks, which I persoanlly would like to see. I'm not trying to be critical the quality of your video at all, but I just wanted to give you a heads up as to what I have heard about it. But hey, maybe if they are impressed enough you'll hear back from them anyway. But good luck, and have fun!

Robbie
Old August 20th, 2003, 03:57 PM   #444
High School Student

Thanks Robbie, that sucks. I didn't think that many people would submit crap like this. :D

Oh well, i'll still send it, nothing I can do now.
Old August 20th, 2003, 09:15 PM   #445
Trustee

Hey Alex, I still would like to hear how you did the golden effect at the start of your video...
Old August 21st, 2003, 12:26 AM   #446
Major Player

The hand turned into the finger....heh

I was in to it, and it did end up looking really good.

Great work
Old August 21st, 2003, 07:33 AM   #447
Regular Crew

Alex, I did not mean to deter you from sending it in. It is pretty funny and clever especially considering the time restraints you did it under, so you never know, maybe you'll get a call back! But like Imran, I'd also like to know about the golden effect at the start of the video.

Robbie
Old August 21st, 2003, 07:38 AM   #448
Regular Crew

where is this article located? Is it online yet?
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:33 PM   #449
Regular Crew

It is in the September issue of THE SOURCE magazine. page 68. I don't think its online but it might be.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:58 AM   #450
Regular Crew

I don't think it's online. What is your project about?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work