DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Show Your Work 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/6055-show-your-work-2003-a.html)

Derrick Begin September 12th, 2002 07:22 AM

Show Your Work 2003

Good Morning!

I am posting this as an update to my SAG Experimental Short, "Autobiography of a Suicide"

ODO Productions is entering into the major part of principle photography the next 8 days in New York, New York. It should be edited and all tied up by the end of the year, probably, sooner. I will be submitting it to festivals when it is completed. Barring any unforeseen obstacles.

This site and the people have been extremely helpful regarding this production.

The momentum has stirred and locking into place two other shorts. Both shorts are worked from larger feature projects that are being written and constructed.

There has been interest in what I am doing by a few people in the New York area. I will be in touch soon...

A HOOT - - > See our production in, "The Hollywood Reporter" film listings section next week.

Its a 'GO' and the intention is to keep the fire on high...

Cheers!

Derrick
ODO Productions
"Autobiography of a Suicide"
SAG Experimental Digital Short

Derrick Begin September 13th, 2002 09:11 AM

* * NIXED * *

Nixed on the "Hollywood Reporter." They only list feature length productions. The information will appear in "Backstage West."

A wee bit of shameless promotion.

Cheers!

Derrick Begin September 16th, 2002 12:54 PM

* * IN THE CAN - - 13,14,15 * *

Shot footage this weekend for two scenes:

1 - - Intended length 5 minutes (35 MINUTES SHOT)

2 - - Intended length 7 minutes (1 HR 20 MINUTES SHOT)

Four major scenes to go...

Aaron Koolen September 16th, 2002 02:16 PM

Derrick, what sort of cameras are you using for your movies?

Derrick Begin September 17th, 2002 08:00 AM

Aaron,

We are using the Canon XL1S exclusively.

Because of the structure and improvisation within that structure, I wish I had another camera active. Live and learn.

However, the actors that I am using are excellent and trained in the same background as myself in the theatre. Where repeating it, is necessary, over and over and deepen.

Cheers!

Derrick

Derrick Begin September 17th, 2002 10:23 AM

* * ROCKEFELLER PLAZA - - IN THE CAN * *

Rockefeller Plaza Office was shot yesterday.

Not a lot of blathering in this film. The hard drive space is being eaten up by the footage. Looks like a thought-of, but didn't get is coming up. A Maxtor firewire drive...

Mantra of the day: Coffee is my friend. Coffee is my friend!

Cheers!

Aaron Koolen September 17th, 2002 02:53 PM

Well good luck on the movie! Am I right in assuming it's improvised (Within some basic structure)?

Derrick Begin September 18th, 2002 09:25 AM

< - - Aaron

Yes, the structure is very rigid, but the actors are free to improvise on the givens. About 40% of the film.

The other 60% is very structured existance of individual(s).

It looks very alive... The actors then deepen the material they have created by repeating.

Derrick Begin November 1st, 2002 09:47 AM

* * BATTLE RAGING HIGH * *

AOAS is moving foward with titles being shot this weekend and some more editing using AVID XPRESS DV 3.5.

Getting faster using AVID. However, ran out of space on the computer.

Horror - - > Filming a scene brought the NYPD on board for an inspection of a domestic dispute. Neglected to tell the neighbors about the event.

Horror - - > Coming soon...

Cheers!

Nori Wentworth November 22nd, 2002 02:52 PM

Live Music Video

Hey Kiddeys,

Heres a video I shot back in the summer.

http://www.stutterfly.com/audiovideo.htm

Enjoy.

-Nori

Chris Hurd November 22nd, 2002 11:13 PM

Hey now, that was *very* cool, nice job with what looked like a difficult stage lighting situ. I really liked the second half of that. Very nice website, by the way!

Derrick Begin December 2nd, 2002 10:58 AM

* * 90% * *

Almost...

I hope to move my next production a wee bit faster.

Scenes and a few "coverage" issues rearing their faces. Working them out shooting somemore.

Horror - - > Shot the second to the final scene on Sunday in the woods of Maine. Heard some rifle shots... Hunting season ended the day before. Called and made sure...

Cheers!

Dan Holly December 12th, 2002 11:25 PM

Nice

Great work, and those guys remind me of the Deftones (which I happen to like a lot).

Paul Sedillo December 16th, 2002 05:56 AM

Nori,

Very nice work. I always enjoy seeing cool, live music videos.

John Locke December 16th, 2002 05:44 PM

Nori,

I agree...nice work and nice web site. Can you give us some details? Was that a one-camera multi-take shoot? Or a multi-camera one-take shoot? Were you using a high shutter speed?

Any details you want to pass on would be great.