DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   10 Minute Teaser - Click n watch (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/62125-10-minute-teaser-click-n-watch.html)

David Nelson March 4th, 2006 10:16 PM

10 Minute Teaser - Click n watch

www.bigeyedeamedia.com/prebledvdpreview.wmv

Please let me know what you think.

David Nelson March 6th, 2006 01:55 PM

Is this video in the wrong forum? No comments, what gives?

Chris Barcellos March 6th, 2006 02:22 PM

Ten minutes may be the problem. I do love the opening graphics and would love to learn your techniques. What was that done with ?

The interviews look likt they are set up well, but this material that most people don't wany to sit through. So what happened to me initially is I downloaded, saw the graphics , then just scrbbed through the rest. Since I couldn't devote time to watch whole thing-- didn't feel right commenting. You probably need to shorten demos if you want people to comment..

David Nelson March 6th, 2006 02:28 PM

thats exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks!!!!!!!!! I'll change my ways.

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 6th, 2006 04:36 PM

Same here. I saw the sliding graphics and moved on. Nice graphic work, but didn't get past that much. Lighting on the medium shots could have been better, but that's all I saw...
Also....4:3? Is this related to HD/HDV?

Dylan Pank March 7th, 2006 06:47 AM

David.

This seems like something that would be very nice for the team members and friends/family, but I don't think it's going to pick up a wider audience (us included), which is maybe why it's not sparked up much interest here. Some of the game footage was pretty good, but most of the interviews were a little dull - I have to admit I drifted off after the fourth or fifth person said "what my goals are...". All the answers (and, rather, by implication the questions) were rather banal, with something of a Miss Worldy feel to them.

A nice souvenir I'm sure for the team members, but to be honest after 3 or four minutes I felt I'd seen enough. Maybe it got more interesting, but nothing in that opening really suggested it would.

If this is a teaser, it doesn't give the impression that the longer piece will really be that exciting. Maybe if you'd explained what your goals are in making this you would have got a better response.

James Llewellyn March 7th, 2006 02:36 PM

10 min is a bit much for a 'teaser'.

"For those who saw this post before I edited out the typo, yes I misspelled 'bit' as 'bitch'....."

Mark Bournes March 7th, 2006 02:55 PM

Just a suggestion, but faster pacing in your editing would help this tremendously. Then people might might want to stick around for 10 minutes. Nice graphics though, very creative, keep working at it.
Mark

John Kang March 8th, 2006 11:33 PM

I think it's actually produced pretty well. As everyone agrees, the graphics were the best. I'd be interesting in hearing how the graphics were produced.

I to was bored by the content, and had it playing in the background while reading through the forum, listening for anything on it that might be interesting to go back to...

I've learned from volunteering at a local tv station that I need to learn a lot more. :) I've recorded video from 30 minutes to an hour of which the station might use 5 minutes worth of clips. Actually more like less than a minute most of the time.

Now I see why you read stories about documentory films recording a years worths of tapes and producing a 30 min to an hour video. It's all about what will hold your audiences interest.

Rich Sheikh March 16th, 2006 10:00 AM

David, interesting that you posted that movie because I just did this 4 min basketball recruiting video. This was my first time doing something like this. I'm fairly new to video and used IMovie for the editing. Short the footage with a one chip SonyDV. Rich

Take a look.
http://homepage.mac.com/richsheikh/Samantha/