DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   need feedback on my production title (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/63303-need-feedback-my-production-title.html)

David Desper March 20th, 2006 11:05 AM

need feedback on my production title

I'm a Digital Video Production Major and i'm starting my first short film but im strugling with a name for the company I first wanted to go with "Indigo Dimensions" but then I thought of maybe "Prophetic Productions" so I was wondering what your feedback on those possible ideas are or if they are not good at all I like constructive criticism when it can benifit my work
thanks everyone,
dave

Andy Graham March 20th, 2006 11:42 AM

hi david, i think indigo dimensions is better than prophetic productions because prophetic could be confused with pathetic at a glance.

picking a name is tricky, try and think of a theme that you like for example nature, science, comedy, dark, light, time, philosophy, history etc and it makes it easier.

Andy

David Desper March 20th, 2006 02:07 PM

thanx Andy I'll use that info to help pick out the right name

Keith Loh March 20th, 2006 02:30 PM

Prophetic Productions is hard to say very fast. The alliteration I think will trip people up.

I like the root word Prophecy though. The idea of a prophecy is cool. You are the future. You know what is coming up next, etc. I like that concept. In the end, I'm sure anyone working with you would come to call it "Prophecy" by itself.

Indigo is a good name. But what does it mean in terms of theme?

David Desper March 20th, 2006 09:11 PM

well keith the indigo in "indigo dimensions" is representing just the color of the demension which would be "indigo" which i would elaborate with the logo...so thats how it came to be and also it just came to mind one day just off the top of my head..lol..plus the initials would look good "IDF"

Andy Graham March 20th, 2006 10:12 PM

let us know wot you pick

David Desper March 29th, 2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Graham
let us know wot you pick

I decided to go with "Prophecy Pictures" and i'm working with one of the graphic artist from my college to create a cinamatic title so when I get it all done I will post it for you guys to see

Andy Graham March 29th, 2006 05:41 AM

Sounds good to me

Andy.

Erick von Schulz March 30th, 2006 10:31 AM

new name

How about Indigo Prophecy Motion Pictures? That covers your bases and sound cool....

David Desper March 30th, 2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick von Schulz
How about Indigo Prophecy Motion Pictures? That covers your bases and sound cool....

the only problem with that is copyright issues since there is a computer game called "Indigo Prophecy"

Mark Utley March 31st, 2006 03:06 AM

Apparently nouns and verbs make the best business names. For example, "Curl Up and Dye" is better than "Barbara's Hair Salon".

Keith Loh March 31st, 2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Desper
the only problem with that is copyright issues since there is a computer game called "Indigo Prophecy"

Although it's probably a good idea to avoid that confusion, I don't think there is any copyright conflict as one is a game and this is a business in a different area.

David Desper April 1st, 2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Loh
Although it's probably a good idea to avoid that confusion, I don't think there is any copyright conflict as one is a game and this is a business in a different area.

ya your probrably right but its always good to be cautious of copyright laws