New XL2 Music Video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 25th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #16
Major Player

The moral of this story is;

Hire a kid to do a man's job...

BTW Giuseppe, the video is still up and running. My advice would be delete it immediately.
Liam Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:55 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Indeed, the song itself would be a copywrite infringement, and if they are asking you not to display it, it should be taken down. Good job on the shooting, though...
Old February 25th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #18
Major Player

I don't understand why such a sensitive issue has to be displayed on this forum. To act in a professional manner this problem should of been handled either in person or over the phone, not publicly at DVINFO. Edward Tomecko should of realized that threatening an 19 year old with legal actions on a public internet message board is the wrong way to handle this situation. As it does not help himslef, the client, or Giuseppe in solving the problem professionally.
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #19
Regular Crew

actually.....

this problem is over a year old... i am not threatening this person. i am simply reacting to something that is still being shown long after he agreed to remove it. furthermore if he would answer emails and phone messages regarding these matters then that would have been the way things would have been handled. it's up to him now- i'm done with this!
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #20
Major Player

This band or whatever should be stoked that this kid put his stuff up....if he didn't we wouldn't hear about them.....I don't care for them, but anyway i got to hear them along with seeing the work. I bet the footage that was shot was made to be shown also. I really doubt you all are losing money from people who watch this and may like the band enough to buy a cd or go to a show.....because people don't usually pay to see a music video.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #21
Regular Crew

I get the feeling the point is that it's unreleased material (over a year old? Holy cow, how long they gonna take??) and they don't want it out, or people taking the song and distributing it, etc.

*shrug* It was a good vid...
Old March 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #22
Regular Crew

his video

1. this isnt the clients video!

2. work for hire stole the footage!

3. it's a solo artist working on completing an album! had some personal issues as well as this One.

4. amount of VIDEO WORK generated from the new director/producer/shooter preventing audio clients from being able to book time to finish album projects such as this one, but client ok with that, he likes to take his time.

5. people are copying the video and extracting the audio! ( but i guess that should be allowed, right?) after all, what's his is everyones!!!!
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #23
Major Player

Ok, so what it comes down to is this is guess.

You joined this message bored just to complain(hey, every message board needs an anoying person) Which in turn gets more people to see the band because this thread stays at the top(thanks to people like me that say you make no since).....so ughhhhhhh good job, your getting your band noticed, but i doubt anyone here is ripping the audio off( I still stand by my original statement that the band doesn't sound that great to me, but i do give them props for being able to do what they do.).
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:34 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Edward, one thing that bugs me is that your grammer is horrid. It doesn't look professional to use such grammer, and definately doesn't make other people take you very seriously.

Now, I have no doubts that what you're saying is true...there are just better ways of doing it than typing like a 15 year old. :) *love*
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #25
Major Player

this is a joke, right?

if the song's not copyrighted, it can't be stolen because it's not owned :)
Jad Meouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Thanks, daniel.
I didn't join up to complain! I think this just got out of hand. I do believe the point was made. I have learned alot from this forum.
Take care guys!
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #27
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Gast View Post
Edward, one thing that bugs me is that your grammer is horrid. It doesn't look professional to use such grammer, and definately doesn't make other people take you very seriously.

Now, I have no doubts that what you're saying is true...there are just better ways of doing it than typing like a 15 year old. :) *love*
Daniel,
Whilst you're on the subject, I think your spelling could do with a little work.

You guys should really take this one down to your local bar and sort it out over a drink or two; I can hear the sound of lawyers sharpening their pencils.

As a piece of work the video is average at best and it's certainly not worth losing your house over it

Liam.
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Did I misspell grammar? Dangit...

[EDIT: And definitely...]

;) *love*
Old March 16th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #29
Major Player

Ego Ed,

You hired the kid. Call him and make your complaints with him. Not here. Go call your attorney and complain to him. This is not the place.
Adam Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #30
Regular Crew

I agree. No one here is going to steal this artist's material nor do most of us care. I'm pretty sure the concensus is that we are all here to discuss the creative/technical aspects of DV. This is no place for this kind of drama. Send him a c & d letter IF its copyrighted material and keep this crap off of this forum.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work