DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Dutch film: The Tunnels/De Tunnels... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/64639-dutch-film-tunnels-de-tunnels.html)

Mathieu Ghekiere April 8th, 2006 12:08 PM

Dutch film: The Tunnels/De Tunnels...

Hi

After reading and posting here for quite a while, this is the first time I can show my work here. It's the first time I posted my movie on the internet actually.
I shot it in july last year.

This is the link:

http://www.16plus.be/node/399

It's dutch, but there is only a voice over. You can vote too, by giving the movie stars at the site where it's posted.
1 star is nothing
2 is very weak
3 is okay
4 is good
5 is exellent.

If you want you can put a reaction (under 'reactie') but I think an English reaction would sound a bit weird on a complete dutch site, but if you want, be my guest.

I know many people here are American, so if you are interested, I've tried to put a translation of the voice over here (I hope it's a bit okay, english isn't my native tongue):

" It's not healthy to keep being here in these tunnels... It eats me... it's killing me... I don't know how much longer I can take this.

Chris has been in these tunnels too long... nobody knows what goes on in his mind...

Especially the little details are easy to remember... like some crums of bread sticking on your lips...
But my memories seem to fade away... They are changing...

I want to get out of here!

The little details keep coming back..."

I know this is a bit stupid, but Dutch people can watch the film, and, by doing this, I hope some Americans - or people who understand English, can watch it too.

Sorry for the bad compression.
Thanks,

Rob Lohman April 9th, 2006 05:36 AM

Excellent work Mathieu! Very nice composition and definitely filmschool "worthy".
Did you get in?

I'll definitely be mailing that around to some of the folk I know.

Keep me updated on any future work you do, okay?

Mathieu Ghekiere April 9th, 2006 07:17 AM

Hi Rob,

thanks for the reaction and your efforts.

Yes, I got in, but I stopped the film education about 2 months ago, because I had the feeling they were sucking the passion out of me, and that in 4 years, I would finish there as a dry plant that didn't know what was from him and what from the academy, if you understand what I mean. So I'm trying to get there on my own.

Thanks,

Rob Lohman April 9th, 2006 07:21 AM

I think I know what you mean. When I went to an open house day at the Dutch
film school I had similar feelings when talking to people and wandering around.

Good luck with everything!

Peter Sieben April 9th, 2006 11:46 AM

Hi Mathieu,

I really enjoyed your fascinating film. It stimulates your imagination about the events in it, how to join them together. The music selection and shot composition and also the editing were top notch!

Stopping film school has been your own decision, just keep making films and stay open for feedback on all levels, to improve your skills with every new project!

Rob Lohman April 9th, 2006 11:51 AM

Peter: I was just about to e-mail this to you. No need anymore :)

Emre Safak April 9th, 2006 12:48 PM

I recognized Sibelius' violin concerto!

Mathieu Ghekiere April 9th, 2006 05:14 PM

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sieben
Hi Mathieu,

I really enjoyed your fascinating film. It stimulates your imagination about the events in it, how to join them together. The music selection and shot composition and also the editing were top notch!

Stopping film school has been your own decision, just keep making films and stay open for feedback on all levels, to improve your skills with every new project!

Thank you. Someone asked me now to do a videoclip for their band, because they saw the movie at that site. It's a metal band, and I don't really like their music, but if I can do 'my thing' with the clip, I would love to try it one time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emre Safak
I recognized Sibelius' violin concerto!

Hi Emre, I took the first piece you hear in the film from a cd from Yann Tiersen. It's the last track on a cd of him, and it starts out as a light violin track, then there is a bit of silence, and suddenly this track came up, as a kind of bonus track, but a not so well hidden one :-)
And it was just perfect for the film.
So it's from Yann Tiersen, exept if the music on that track is that violin concerto you said, but if Tiersen changed it or something.

Thanks,