Show Your Work 2007 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old February 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #166
Ruler of the DownUnder UnderWorld

Ningaloo is an Aboriginal word meaning “promontory”. The Cape Range is the promontory and Ningaloo Reef runs parallell to the west.

EDIUS is fine, working on two training DVD's now. Keyframing graphics around the place is abit different and AE 7 works fine with Canopus DV or Canopus HQ. The project we are woking on now is a mixture of 4.3 / 16.9 and HDV and all mixing well on the timeline.

No NX card, just a Quadro FX560 card and motherboards onboard 128 meg port to drive two LCD screens and out to a TV. Did have it out to 3 VGA screens there for abit and was getting 1280/1024 on all 3 screens.

We just got the DVD's back from the replicators, we encoded the DVD out as progressive this time from EDIUS and it looks great. It's our 6th project now using a Master DVD-r for glass replication.

Well Steven, lets us know if you ever get over this way.
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #167
Disjecta

Disjecta DVD

Just a quick word to let you all know that I just released my DVD. It's all DVX 24p SD stuff. I expect the next disk I do will be Canon HD. :)

http://www.pinelakefilms.com/buydvd.html
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #168
Regular Crew

hey guys, check out my short doc

hey, could i get some feedback from you guys on this documentary? i made it for school last semester and i got a really great mark on it, but my teacher is also somewhat ignorant and it would be nice to hear from you guys too.

here's the link: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1472487016

thanks
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #169
Regular Crew

My Available Work

Hello all. My work can be seen at the following link:

http://www.ifilm.com/myifilm/dclynn

I have yet to do anything worth seeing w/ my Sony VX2100, but all of this work has been done with the following cameras:

Canon XL1
Canon GL1
Sony TRV-320

I'd appreciate comments, etc!

Daniel C Lynn
Old February 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #170
Major Player

Excellent! Very professional yet fresh. Nicely paced and shot as well. A solid piece.

How old are you Bryan? If you are this good already you should have no problem making it in this biz if that's what you have set your sights on.
Old February 16th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #171
Trustee

Very well done documentary. Very one sided though.

Skateboarding on the street causes damage to property that these skateboarders don't bother to take into account. Sure they like it ... they don't have to pay to paint the railings or repair the damage. They would rather break the law and damage property than be responsible. They admit this. Sad. And they wonder why people look down on them.

Perhaps an interview with a guy who just invested his life savings on a new business, got it all painted, bought new trash cans, and then had it destroyed by skateboarders? Maybe that would have rounded out the doc.
Old February 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #172
Regular Crew

thanks guys, the positive feedback is great! i'm 21 by the way. i've been fooling around with video for a couple years now and i just got my DEC(quebec version of a college diploma) in Media Arts.

and yes, i intentionally made the documentary one sided...i had originally planned to interview some police and doctors about both the danger and legality/vandalization of skateboarding but while i was editing some early cuts, i realized that it was holding up pretty well on its own and time was a factor too, i had a 12 min cut off point for the project. it's so hard to cut stuff out sometimes, haha

and in response to the damaging of property, it does happen, unfortunatly its pretty unavoidable BUT there are some skateboarders who are considerate and sometimes bring their own can of spray paint with them(it's rare) to repaint the rails etc... i do understand how business owners would be annoyed though. i'm not arguing that at all, heh.
Old February 17th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #173
Regular Crew

"Winesap, OH" Trailer (Shot on XL1s)

Hello fellow DV enthusiasts. I just finished putting together a trailer for a film called "Winesap, OH" from writer/director/actor Al Gerschutz. He's also a hip hop artist known as Redeye and did the vocals for the song, Bigger, that the trailer is set to. At 5 minutes it almost seems more like a music video than a trailer but that is what was requested.

I'm a DP on the set and editor as well as basic special effects coordinator. My fiance has a lead role as Brenda and that is actually how i came to work on the project. I was working next to another DP for some time, so about 30-40% of the footage was not shot by me.

It is a twisted dark comedy with a budget of whatever the cast and crew is able to pitch in when the situation arises. We're still in principal photography.

As for the trailer filling you in on what exactly the movie is about, there isn't enough finished to actually cut a coherent trailer that does the job. It takes place in small town Ohio, the fictitious Winesap, where an unwanted child named Cletus, who was the product of rape, trys to get even with the degrading conditions forced on him by his own family. Brenda, the mother of Cletus and Wayne, doesn't try to hide the fact that Wayne is her favorite and Cletus her most disgusted son. Ernie, the rapist, has resorted to wearing a clown mask to avoid being recognized, and paints to try and compensate for the wrong he's done. A blend of tongue in cheek with slapstick, topped with a highly eccentric cast of characters, makes Winesap, OH a colorful and unique approach to viewing small town happenstances.

The trailer is hosted at myspace, here:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1962400175

Feel free to post comments, criticism, cynicism, or anything that comes to mind.

Last edited by Christopher Reynolds; February 18th, 2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old February 17th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #174
Regular Crew

New clip is done

I've watched a number of the videos posted here and quite frankly it's a bit intimidating to post things I've done. However, I thought to myself, "I'll never get better if I don't get some suggestions" This is actually the third clip in the series, and I hope each has gotten better, so here it is:

http://www.satoauto.com/video/Interrogation_v2.wmv

For those interested, the first video is here: http://www.satoauto.com/video/24_cats_512.wmv

and the second is: http://www.satoauto.com/video/Framed.wmv
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:41 AM   #175
Major Player

Colin, I can see you really like your cats and I think thats great, I have two and they just brighten up my day. Maybe it's cause the scotch is still affecting me from last night but i got a laugh out of it.

I have no quarrels with anything technical, filming was fine the editing was fine. I think if you go bigger next time and get some actors and a good script you'll do ok.

Andy.
Old February 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM   #176
Major Player

High School Rally

Hey guys, I did a short recap of a high school rally we had recently. Tell me what you guys think.

http://chrisjharris.com/Site/Video%2...uad%20Game.mov
Old February 18th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #177
Major Player

Was that Hulk Hogan ref'ing? LOL, I need to upload some pics of the rallies we do - we incorporate sound, lighting, and live video into most of them.

The video looked cool - some cool effects and stuff. With one Camera, it looked fine. Are you trying to do something with this video or just a personal thing? What kind of camera was it shot with?
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:07 AM   #178
Major Player

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love to see some of the rallies you put on. Ours are fairly low-tech affairs.
The video was shown on the morning annoucements on the first day back to school. Matter of fact, the first 10 seconds of the segment was from the morning annoucements the day of the rally, if that makes any sense. I taped the anchors as they were broadcasting live. Anyway, beyond that, it's just something for my reel I guess. I shot it with my Sony HDR-HC1. Great camera for the price and size. It was my first time working with a dolly on a live event, so it was largely experimental, but I was fairly happy with the way the footage turned out.
Old February 19th, 2007, 05:12 AM   #179
Major Player

Jeeeez...

I thought these events only existed in American rites-of-passage movies.

If that was in the UK the crowd would have been smaller than the subs bench and the only added entertainment would be a cigarette at half time. Don't even get me started on British cheerleaders, uhrg!

Seriously though, a few close-ups and losing the speed-ups would bring it on enormously.

Cheers,

Liam.

Last edited by Liam Hall; February 19th, 2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old February 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM   #180
Major Player

I went to Westmoor High School. It's around the same area as you guys.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work