Show Your Work 2007 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old February 21st, 2007, 09:23 PM   #196
Regular Crew

Your preview shots in this thread look like it takes place during the day, yet the actual film looks like it was at night...it was a REALLY dark picture, I couldn't tell what was going on part of the time, and suddenly random things would happen.

You might've been going for the fact that he's blind, so he can't tell what's going on...but it really left me behind. I enjoyed the idea, the cinematography was decent...but some places, especially the action stuff, it just didn't flow well.

Keep it up, definately not bad.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:00 PM   #197
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
The site is down for maintenance?
Seems fine now.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM   #198
Major Player

A Whole Mess O' Stuff

I recently updated my website to include Flash video. There are also downloadable WMV & MP4 files in various flavors.

Anyway, there's all kinds of independent documentary-ish clips -- some new, some old at:
http://www.prolefeedstudios.com/catalog/catalog.htm

Enjoy!

Feedback welcome.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:18 PM   #199
Regular Crew

Swedish tv-series "white virgin" -Trailer-

Here's a trailer from a tv-series I acted as dp/grip/electrician on.
http://download.yousendit.com/2C6098C15F1009F3

The trailer is in swedish. The series is about 4 young nazis whos lives changes forever after they accidentally kill a girl at the party. As you can guess and see in the trailer it's all downhill from there.

Facts: The series is made by Mattias Paar and Thorbjörn Eklund.
The series is 3x50min and was made under four weeks on an insanely low budget (1700$) (try to match that mister rodriguez :).
It has its high and lowpoints but has a trumendous production value even if it had been made with a much higher budget. The project is in its last fase with only adr, musik and grading left. Hope you like it :)
Old February 23rd, 2007, 04:26 AM   #200
Major Player

Checking it out. Care to share the synopsis with us?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM   #201
New Boot

I love the show, it is also well done
Old February 23rd, 2007, 04:05 PM   #202
New Boot

NEW Action Drama Bank Robbery

Check out the newest trailer for Trigger:

http://pages.emerson.edu/Students/b/...i/trigger2.mov

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Brian
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:08 PM   #203
Major Player

Looks pretty good. Can you tell us more about what you shot on, what your intentions are with the project etc.

My suggestions would be to change the font you use for the titles. I would also get rid of the text that reflects what they say. Just didn't seem right for some reason. To over the nose. Maybe some text that sums of what is said on screen.

Then I would cut it at LEAST 1/2 the lenght. Less is more. I just think it would work better as a shorter trailer. I don't know what the whole film is about, but it seems like a bank robbery gone wrong. However, if there is more background of the characters I would show that in the trailer. I didn't get a connection between anyone in particular as you showed mostly the masked men. It almost seemed like random images from the movie, rather than a synopsis, which I think makes a better trailer. Try to close your eyes and listen to what is said. Do you get what it is about? Then try to shut the sound off and see if you get what it is about. Both should explain it equally.

Finally, it seems that the ambient noise of people in the first shot seemed to prominent. It sounded unnatural to me. I would either change it or lower it. Otherwise good job. Good luck.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 11:53 PM   #204
Inner Circle

Podcasts win Silver "Ady" for "After Twilight"

Got the word the other day, that the podcasts for our short film "After Twilight" won a Silver "Ady" award. A nice bit of icing for the effort. You can see most of the podcasts on the myspace website at

http://www.myspace.com/aftertwilightfilm

You can see how we did the 'poor mans process' with a night shot in the cab, scouting locations, interviews with the main actors, low budget stunts and such. Most of all take a look at that monster Mitchel BNCR we shot with. A HUGE 35mm studio camera, that was a real treat.
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #205
Inner Circle

The Tunnels (my short - reprise)

I already in the past put my short on this website, but it didn't got that many reviews as it was a Dutch film. Now I've put English subtitles on it, although the film is primarily visual.

I made it when I was 18, without any budget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVPKSi7UTEE

Please watch it, give it a review and/or a rating on Youtube or here (I would like both, so I have some comments on it)

Thank you
Old February 24th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #206
Regular Crew

Interesting, to say the least. Well shot, but I didn't quite follow the ending. Definately creepy and inventive. Keep up the good work.
Old February 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #207
New Boot

Burned Message - a 10min Ghost Drama

Hi,

"Burned Message" is my 10 minute ghost story film and is more of a supernatural drama than horror. My previous effort was "Curry Head " a 2 minute short inspired by 80s horror B movies, that I posted on this board a while back. Since then, I have started a course in film making and I think this film is much better.

It is a story involving love, jealousy and murder. The ghost of a dead mans wife returns from the grave to give him an important message, which his brother holds the key to. It is a message of truth to stop a wrong destructive belief her husband has been led to believe.

It was shot in HD on the Z1, with some shots filmed in SD on a PD170 with anamorphic lens. The PD170 gave the look I wanted for the last few shots. I edited in standard def in Premiere Pro and used Digital Fusion for some of the effects.

I still got a lot to learn so let me know what you think. Looking forward to any crits.

You can watch it on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCsxk55e-Ro
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #208
Regular Crew

There were a bunch of shots that were free-handed unnecessarily, I think. Freehand should be motivated instead of just "when i don't feel like using a tripod", which is how it appeared to me.

Other than that, not bad at all. It probably could've been shot/edited a little tighter, but I like your angles and some of those quick cuts around a scene, very stylistic and keeps the viewers attention.
Old February 25th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #209
Regular Crew

New Comedy Skit

Hey all,

Just finished another skit.

www.greenbench.tv/videos/Rights.wmv

Check it out, let me know what you think!
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #210
Regular Crew

haha that was funny. Good job, short and sweet.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work