Show Your Work 2007 - Page 32 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #466
Major Player

I managed to login but can't see any files, perhaps it's my Mac.
A direct link to a non-passworded file would be better.

Also Mpegs are a little outdated, assuming it's an Mpeg1 file. A quicktime mp4, windoze media or flash file would be better quality and easier on your servers too I expect.

Duncan.
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #467
Inner Circle

Charity project shot in Africa

Here is a taster of the project I am working on for a UK charity that builds, equips and staffs schools in Kenya.

They needed a hastily assembled piece for a charity golf day yesterday and this is what I came up with. I think it gives a good flavour of what the Trust does and also serves as a great memento of an extraordinary few weeks in Kenya in March.

Shot using a Canon XL2 + stock 20x lens with an AT835B shotgun. Edited on Sony Vegas for playback on a TV - NOT the web. Sorry but this should be in widescreen but I can't seem to get the settings right in Squeeze!

The full length documentary - my first - is a good few months away. It's my intention to keep the same style in the full length piece. I'd love to hear whether you think it works or not.

25Mb, approx 10 mins, Windows Media Player.

www.film-it.net/stuff/kipungani.wmv

Cheers.

Ian . . .
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #468
Trustee

Hey Rodrigo,

I don't speak Spanish, so I can't comment on the promo, but I thought it was beautifully shot. Very nice lighting in the product shots, nice crane work, beautiful composition. Well done. Looks like you had a bit of a budget for talent, set, rehearsal, etc which helps.

Just found it a bit long, but that could be a language issue. Did you just do camera, or edit as well?

Anyway, looks great.
Old May 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #469
Regular Crew

Hey Vito,

I used to live in Montreal, I lived at the plateau mont royal. Amazing city, everybody is so helpful.

Thanks a lot for your comments. Answering your question, yes I did all the work (editing, camera, CG) I had one guy helping me with the crane and the dolly and also to carry equipment. About the budget, we spent around 6,500.00 US dlls. making this video, that budget includes equipment rental, talent, locations and my salary. Remember that everything is cheaper here in Mexico, so yes the budget let us work comfortably.

I really miss eating at Basha....
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #470
Regular Crew

My doccodrama "Crooked Features"

This is something I completed in 2005, and was broadcast on SKY here in the UK about a month ago.

Hopefully it'll raise a few laughs.

The full thing in google-vision and iPod/mp4 here:
http://www.ratemymovie.co.uk/

"Art is the lie that makes us realise the truth."
Old May 12th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #471
Regular Crew

Yeah, its called media lab. The thing is, they only showed clips from it. :( Oh well, better than nothing.
Old May 13th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #472
Major Player

Action Reel (sony hc1)

Hi all. I've made an action reel with the sony hc1 hdv-camera. I'd like to get some feedback (any feedback really) about how it works/doesn't work.

http://hmcindie.pp.fi/actionreel/

It's in divx format - high and low quality versions.
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #473
Regular Crew

Mikko, Just saw your reel, loved it loved it!!! There were some pretty wicked moves there man.... The score you used in the begining, and the end what movie is it from??

Also liked the gag reel at the end... Once again great work!!!
Old May 13th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #474
Major Player

I grabbed the high quality version. Not only is the quality of your footage amazing, but your subjects' martial arts skills are top notch! I also have an HC1, and your action reel just proves that it's not the tools you use, but what you do with them that makes the difference. Awesome reel!
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #475
Regular Crew

Winter Surfing/Bodyboarding In New Jersey

I finally edited some video shot from this previous December with FCE HD. All video was shot on a Panasonic AG-DVC30. All color corrections were done in post. No filters used. Tell me what you think, all comments are appreciated. The video won't be up for long. Its about 70 MB in size. Thanks for taking the time to view my work.

*EDIT Site Bandwidth exceeded sorry*

Last edited by Mike Gorski; May 14th, 2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #476
Regular Crew

I dug it

I dug it. That was real cool. The music was perfect. Nice job.
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #477
Regular Crew

Rodrigo,

Muy buen hecho. Very nice composition and camerawork. What type of crane did you use?
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #478
Regular Crew

Really like it ! There is so much passion in performing the stuff, that it doesn't matter at all that some moves are not that good :).

And good to know what camera you used !

Keep up the good work
Ulrik
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #479
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Andrade View Post
Rodrigo,

Muy buen hecho. Very nice composition and camerawork. What type of crane did you use?
Hey Miguel!

I used a Kessler Crane. They sponsor this forum, that's how I got to know it. It performed great! I have a lot of amazing takes from the agave fields. To bad I ended up using just one (the last one).
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #480
Trustee

I thought it was shot well and it really seemed like the people were genuine about their feelings about the charity. It didn't feel like a staged-for-the-camera promo to butter up suckers so they donate more money. It also showed that the children seemed happy to be at school. I like sincerity and truth in promotions. The truth, even if not all pretty, always tells a better story.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work