Show Your Work 2007 - Page 37 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:38 AM   #541
New Boot

HVX200: Lakes, Boats, Climbing and Walking up a River

An edit of footage for a continuing job, part of an unemployment initiative where people are sent to a training centre in the Lake District and do team-building exercises etc...

We put this edit together just to show the training centre what we can do for them, hopefully going back in the summer to make a full video.

720/25p and used FILMIC and CORAL settings off Barry's disk.

480X270, 3mins 29, 41.1 MB

http://dodownload.filefront.com/7629...4c42bb34c01610
Attached Thumbnails
Show Your Work 2007-dunc.jpg   Show Your Work 2007-esi4.jpg  

Show Your Work 2007-esi3.jpg  
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM   #542
Major Player

Poke the Hole trailer.

Poke the Hole is a new BMX video that I've just started working on. It's all based out of Southwest Florida. The riders are just me and my friends. All the footage was shot on a dvc30. This is the first trailer. Kind of a sneak peek. I'll release another one when I have more shots and details about the video. Tell me what you think.

Quicktime Mpeg4 15.5 MB
link removed

Windows Media 13.9 MB
link removed

Last edited by Dustin Waits; June 3rd, 2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:00 PM   #543
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Waits View Post
Tell me what you think.
IMO, too many shots with the fish-eye lens. The song track doesn't fit the video very well either. A slow song with video that's typically associated with high energy expenditure. Use something more up tempo like Van Halen's "Dreams". The lyrics even fit the action better, especially during the jumps.

Just my opinion. And of course, using copyrighted, commercial music without permission from the author is a big no-no. Something we 'officially' take seriously here at DVINFO.

-gb-
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM   #544
Trustee

I liked the song choice, but must get license...perhaps you can get cover rights to it and have a friends band cover it. :) Then you can get a cheaper version fo the rights to the song (check with a lawyer first). Really playful and cheery tune emphasizes the fun you guys look like you're having. The 7 rider whoops at the end looks really cool.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:47 PM   #545
Major Player

Well it's just a video for my friends and I and maybe a few of the local riders around here to enjoy. I guess for that reason, I didn't think I needed to get a license. Obviously I don't know much about it. So how does one go about getting this license?
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:24 PM   #546
Trustee

and the goose yells out "ASCAP" in Gilbert Gottfried's voice ;)

http://www.ascap.com/licensing/
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM   #547
Regular Crew

SUPER CARS - NJ/NY - Please view

I made short video that has some highlights from this even I went to. Everything was shot on the go, mostly manual settings on a PV-GS320. Everything else done in post. I apologize for the poor audio I didn't have a mic to use in place of the on board mic. All comments good/bad welcome. WARNING: before you watch this just be aware the audio music might be offensive to some people due to the profanity in it. Not too much but want to make that clear before you watch. Thanks!

YouTube version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elF4V1YLq8Y

MediaFile - No extra compression, the original file (much nicer)

http://www.mediafire.com/?at2txlnvxcm
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM   #548
Major Player

Pretty sweet Mike! Those are some sweet rides!

I am getting into cars, and car mod-ing, so I really appreciate this film..

Love the white lambo! So pretty....

I would maybe lay off the fisheye more next time.. I started to fill a little sick. Other then that, I think it was pretty good! I'll have to watch it again with audio some time...

Do you drive anything special?
~Gabriel
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:40 PM   #549
Regular Crew

Hey thanks for feedback, much appreciated!! I can agree with the fisheye, we were running and gunning the whole time that I needed a wider field of view since I was in the car. I was the navigator so I was videoing and giving directions which was fun. No I don't drive anything special but my friend who drove in this car event has a 1988 BMW M6 in Mint condition. I just take rides but when I earn enough money when I get out of college I'll definitely be looking to buy something classy and fast. How about yourself?
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #550
Major Player

Right, I can totally understand that. And it did look cool, just maybe a little less next time if you have the option..
Sounds nice... Can't blame ya, cars are so expensive.. And gas it thru the roof!
Well, I don't drive yet-I just can't afford it. Once I get a job that pays decent, then I will buy something.. Right now, I really like the Mazda RX-8. Its my dream car.. I am more so into visual then power when it comes to cars. Thats why I like the RX-8. Once I get it (if I get it), I plan on putting some wing doors on it, a full bodykit (probably the vailside), Underbody Neons/LEDs, a sweet paint-job, some interior work, and most definitely a loud sound system. I am all about music, in-fact, I play. :)

~Gabriel
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #551
Tourist

Sunflower Seeds contest video

Hey there... I read these boards often but I usually don't post anything, but fate has insisted I show you my new contest entry. I recently got accepted into the voting rounds for this contest, which is promoting sunflower seeds. We had two minutes to shoot a short, and we had complete creative control. Anyway, I hope that you guys would look at it and tell me what you think. Since the winner is determined by votes, I wanted to make something witty and fast-paced so it would gather lots of laughs and be somewhat original. I used Vegas 6 and After Effects to touch up some of the scenes. I was going for a ridiculous video that bombarded you with so many silly scenes that you would laugh just at the sheer snappiness of it all... tell me if I succeeded!

If you guys like it at all, it would mean to world to me if you would vote for it! You don't need to sign up or anything, just hit the vote button. You can vote 5 times a day until June 10th, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old June 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #552
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wehle View Post
We had two minutes to shoot a short
Awesome video! Only in two minutes???? Geez you must be good....O wait, there is no link to anything! I'm voting for the other guy.
Old June 4th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #553
Regular Crew

Very well done!

I like the warm colors. They work very well for the message you want to get across.

Andre.
Old June 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #554
Tourist

Oh, duh: http://www.grabembythesack.com/week/details.asp?VID=50 And yeah, two minutes long.
Old June 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #555
Regular Crew

The rotary engine is pretty ingenious idea. I'm an aircraft technician and I know a company trying to get that engine certified on an aircraft which would be sweet. Nice car if you can get that dough together. Not sure what I want but for now I just want to shoot more high end cars. I'm hoping to get my A1 in a few weeks. But I want to thank you for your feedback, it helps a lot! Thanks again.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work