Show Your Work 2007 - Page 45 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2007, 02:29 AM   #661
Major Player

Even from an editing standpoint they're not overly interesting... leaving the Xbox live chatter is annoying, especially with music overtop...

Game footage + Music Video spliced together with a few random overlays... and a ton of blur at the beginning... I dunno what you used to edit but meh...

This forum is more for people who actually film and edit their work, not halo montages...
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #662
Inner Circle

During my divorce years ago unreal tournament 2003 had been a very loyal companion for many nights to get rid off all the stress :D so I understand what you guys find so great about gaming and making videos about it. Only here I think it will not be that easy to find an interested audience like Joe allready pointed out.
I did however enjoyed volume 3 and 4, bringing back memories when I was blasting my enemies (they all looked like my ex ;)) to pieces. 'You bleed better then you shoot! was my favorite phraze :D
The past 2 years I rarely play a game, just now and then UT2004 but I get really beaten up by, probably guys like you, on all these gaming servers. :D
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #663
Major Player

Don't get me wrong, I've probably played more games than you could imagine... I started playing computer games when I was 4 on our 386... had a 486 in my room when I was 6 with command and conquer... I'm just saying this is DVi... Digital Video Information...

There are places for Halo Montages... it isn't here...

And I never understood why it was a "montage"... everyone called their halo "videos" montages... and I've never seen a real good one, some people have made some amazing videos with UT2004 and Quake 3... and they were never called montages...never seen anything similar out of Halo...

Either way, the editing was too simple imo... I only watched #4 though...
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #664
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Busch View Post
Don't get me wrong, I've probably played more games than you could imagine... I started playing computer games when I was 4 on our 386... had a 486 in my room when I was 6 with command and conquer... I'm just saying this is DVi... Digital Video Information...

There are places for Halo Montages... it isn't here...

And I never understood why it was a "montage"... everyone called their halo "videos" montages... and I've never seen a real good one, some people have made some amazing videos with UT2004 and Quake 3... and they were never called montages...never seen anything similar out of Halo...

Either way, the editing was too simple imo... I only watched #4 though...
Well, I agree with you too, I refered to "enjoying it" only to the game scenes as I allways find them fun to watch.
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #665
Major Player

Does your family understand your passion?

A clip from my newly released documentary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph1Z2Swh3aE

Comments and criticism are welcome.

www.mikepulcinella.com

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/v...the-bar-2.html
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #666
Regular Crew

Your Worst Boating Nightmare Possible!!

Here is a cut from the DVD I'm working on right now! This has to be one of the worst nightmares possible while racing a boat!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cAeQmm6FL8
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #667
Major Player

Looks great Mike. Camera work is very solid, and plenty of color. Christine seems like a very compelling interview subject and makes some interesting points. It is a worthwhile story, though at times I was confused about about the relationships and whether or not she and Dave were parents themselves.

From that clip the only criticism I would offer is that the audio is a little quiet and room-y on some clips and nice and clear on others. It also seems like we (the viewer) need more context to make sense of it, but that goes without saying since it is an excerpt...

Nicely done though.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #668
Regular Crew

Was that planned? hahahhha ahahah

THAT is CRAZY!!! How much was the boat and did they ever get it into working condition?

Joseph
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:45 PM   #669
Regular Crew

No that wasn't planned!!! Both driver and navigator were pick up in saftey boats. The water was drained out of the motor new oil and fuel were added, the boat fired right up! The boat was racing two weeks later at the next race!
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:21 PM   #670
Inner Circle

Chris. Saw some of the rescue footage you posted on this before, so it was interesting to see this portion.
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:12 AM   #671
Regular Crew

short boredom.

An intriguing little piece, with a look of student noir circa 1945. This is how we cure boredom at our house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DOXMQWB7R0

Remember to Lock the Door!
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #672
Regular Crew

The making of IP: weekly video

We're a small group of people working on a zero-budget production, aiming to make a blockbuster-quality feature film, shot with an HV20. Are we completely insane? Maybe, you can judge for yourself by checking out our weekly 'making of' clips that start today. We're about to wrap up pre-production and we'll start shooting soon.

The Making of IP
#1: Down goes our credibility
http://www.movielol.org/ip/video/

(note: the 'making of' stuff is shot with the Sony PDX10P)
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #673
Major Player

HOW TO LOVE: adv robot ethics

boredom leads to creation, i recontextualized the apple intel commercial and the postal service music video, the audio was taken from a wikihow article on how to love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxJD-tMH2k
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #674
Major Player

You did a really nice job on this. Filmed beautifully... What camera setup did you use? It looks like a large production TV Commercial.
Old July 13th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #675
Major Player

i just recontextualized previously shot footage from those music videos and commercials ;-)

appropriation video
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work