Show Your Work 2007 - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old July 20th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #691
Regular Crew

thanks, some of the shots were a little dark, we were running out of light and waited forreevor to shoot. Got a crane so i'll be using that in future projects. im excited :)
Old July 21st, 2007, 03:27 PM   #692
Major Player

the lighting works for me. Clean and simple. And I agree, your wife is very natural in front of the camera.
Old July 21st, 2007, 03:57 PM   #693
Inner Circle

I think it looks pretty good.

The transitions are distracting.

Try a very short white transition in place of the disolves. That will make it look like a flash and go well with the background.

I think a bit more dynamic camera moves with more cuts would increase the pace and excitement of the video. Avoid going full "roller coaster" style like the reality shows do. It would be too much.

If you have a steadycam try to do some smooth moves from left to right and back while she looks ahead. Intercut that stuff with the basic straight shot in short segments using the white flash transition. I think that would make a good looking video with lots of interest.

I agree that she has a good presence on camera. I think you should keep her. ;)

Chris
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:24 PM   #694
Regular Crew

Better Version

This is better ending. (More "polished")

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3IzA63FkPuc

Thanks again
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:41 AM   #695
Tourist

Martial Artsy - short action comedy

hey guys,
here's a short film i made last year. i shot on the hvx200.
http://www.atomfilms.com/film/martial_artsy.jsp
thanks for looking.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:29 PM   #696
Regular Crew

Donut Shop Hero Trailer

This is the trailer for my film Donut Shop Hero. It was shot on the HVX200 with the Redrock M2 and Nikon primes. I hope you like it!

http://harrisfilms.com/WordPress/?page_id=9

-Nick Harris
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:55 PM   #697
Major Player

Hahaha. That looks, so funny! Are you going to finish it? Or are you just going to leave it at a Trailer?

I was not able to hear it, but I will play it again tomorrow when I have access to sound.

What did you use for the guns? They looked rather real!

Best of luck to you and your future projects! Keep up the great work!
~Gabriel
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #698
Regular Crew

Thank you! I'm glad I could make you laugh even without sound, feels like quite an accomplishment.

Yeah, we're working on the edit, but wanted to just get the trailer out of the way before diving in, just to get something out there.

We shot for 6 weekends, so 12 days for a 27 page script. We have TONS of footage to go through and piece together. As much as I'm looking forward to it, it's also so overwhelming... god help me when it's a feature, haha!
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #699
Regular Crew

Oh, about the guns... we bought them online (I'd have to check my records for the specific website). But they are classified as "blank" guns. They are technically real, have all the mechanisms to fire, but the barrel is completely solid, there' no hole. They came with Orange tips, but we carved them out.

That allowed us to some smoke and fire, and a little kick when they fired. The hardest thing was resisting the urge to constantly pop out the cylinder, spin it, and snap it back in. When guns are around, I'm perpetually 7 years old, haha!
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #700
Major Player

I like the premise of the story, it's pretty original and funny. I hate this phrase, but it looks like a "feel-good" movie. Plus, your actors seem well rehearsed and your shots are great. Keep it up, I can't wait to see the whole thing!
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #701
Regular Crew

8 minute documentary

posted this in the XH-A1 section..but thought i'd post here too..

Just finished a short 8 minute piece that preludes an hour long piece of the same topic. Followed the youth missions team from my church down to panama city and the san blas islands and documented their work (and fun). Shot it with a canon xh-a1..everything else done in vegas 7.

(and it is 400 something MB..so it's kind of big..i'm going to put a smaller version up tomorrow sometime)

www.jerfilm.com/documentaries/panama/index.htm

let me know what you think...

thanks
jeremiah
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #702
Regular Crew

Showroom Video

Hi all.

A stone business has a nice showroom they wanted to show off on their website. So on spec I did the following by myself with a GL2, tripod, a wide adapter (sometimes) and a couple lights on stands. Editing in Final Cut Suite, music from Soundtrack Pro's libraries. I will buy better music if the client will pay for it.

http://weykervideo.com/video/corporate.wmv

The reflections on the polished stone are annoying but I didn't have the time/tools to clamp lights to the ceiling frame where the built-in lights were an point them down. I did diffuse my lights-on-stands I in most shots. If I go back I may well try and up-lamp the exisiting overhead fixtures to get more light.

That vignette effect in the last shot across the table is to hide a light stand, so it needs to stay.

Any advice on things I could do to make it better in post is welcome.

--Shayne Weyker

http://weykervideo.com
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #703
Regular Crew

I really like it. Cool camerawork, great colors and locations and good idea. I think only the acting/ dialoge was a little bit fake every now and then, but besides that real fun to watch !

Ulrik
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #704
Regular Crew

Im Sorry

I just got a page of crazy text when I tried to watch it. Could just be my computer I dont know.
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #705
Regular Crew

should work...just checked the link...did you turn the crazy text option off? ...just kidding... :o)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work