Show Your Work 2007 - Page 58 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 31st, 2007, 02:57 PM   #856
Regular Crew

Thanks for the kind comments. iFC compressed the heck out of it.. but we have a higher quality 720p HD version online here: HD Portfolio
Facet Media LLC
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:28 PM   #857
Major Player

Bro ... Not much to say, except "I freakin' loved it." I think you did a great job on this!
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:30 PM   #858
Major Player

Wedding Demo

Hi Everyone.

My first post here, so i thought i would post one of my wedding samples for review.

http://www.derienzo-videoproductions...sajakedemo.wmv

Any comments welcome.

Thank You.
John De Rienzo

Last edited by John De Rienzo; September 2nd, 2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:23 AM   #859
Major Player

Well, there is some nice footage there, but I think the music is mis-matched.

It wasn't 'romantic' wedding type music, way too disco/dance for the type of shots you have there, to me, it wasn't a good fit.

Another suggestion would be to actually create a 'still' in B&W or sepia when the photographer takes the photo and we hear the motordrive sound. Make the frame still instead of keeping it with the video, it's more effective that way.

Take them for what they are worth.

Jim
Old September 2nd, 2007, 02:18 AM   #860
Regular Crew

wedding highlight done with with a letus35fe

Heres a new one few days ago.
http://weddingmtv.multiply.com/video.../Alec_Michelle
(song is selected by client)
Old September 2nd, 2007, 02:36 AM   #861
Regular Crew

I just finished my Honda S2000 documentary

I wanted to share some Honda history with the "younger/newer" S2000 owners and also give something back to the owner community that I've been a part of since 1999.

We conducted some interviews within our group and after a month of off and on editing, I have the finished product ready for downloading. The file is 110 Mb and the video is about 16 minutes long

You can download a copy of the video here: http://satoauto.com/video/S2000_Life.wmv and I'd love to hear any feedback.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 02:43 AM   #862
Regular Crew

Great video man!! I love the images....How did u tackle the issue of light loss, did u use the letu flip??
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:03 AM   #863
Regular Crew

THanks Tunde,
Yes i use the flip version. infact i dun find the light loss very serious. the light loss actually helps during daylight so i could use lower f-stop on my camera.

i used a dvx102b and am surprised that even at +9db gain the image is still rather clean. anyway those that you see on the clip during the make up is most 0 to +6gain. and its pretty good.
unfortunately its no no for wedding dinner not enough lux.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:30 AM   #864
Major Player

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback.

Yes I agree the music is unusual! but as its a showreel as opposed to actual wedding footage i wanted to try something different.

I have had comments from people who say they love it to people who hate it, so i think you will fall very quickly into one of these categories.

My own personal style leans towards a very romantic wedding video, I prefer the more romantic style, but many also hate it!!!!

In the main video I used the still option as you said, but in another part of the film, not this part. I guess it was just an editing decision at the time, but yes i agree,having a still has a nice impact.

Thank you again for your comments.

John De Rienzo
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM   #865
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Sato View Post
and also give something back to the owner community that I've been a part of since 1999.
Well, I think they'll love it. Really well done. Great editing; use of stills, nice transitions, pacing was really good, good VO, it really all came together. The only thing that I would change would be the "A" camera framing on the interviews. It was just a little too wide for my taste, but that was it. I really enjoyed watching your film, nice work.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:36 PM   #866
Regular Crew

Thanks for taking the time to watch it. I agree on the A camera. I actually made two versions of this video, one 22 minutes for the people who participated in the video and the 16 minute version you saw. Since the 22 minute version would only be seen on TVs as a DVD I intentionally framed it wide.

For the short version (which would be seen on computers) I moved the framing a bit tighter. Naturally there was a limit on how tight I could make it with standard def. In retrospect, I could have moved it "just a smidge" tighter without losing too much resolution.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM   #867
Regular Crew

trenches

A film I did some work on,, shooting was done in three weeks total, heres the trailer and site

hope you like

http://www.trenchesonline.com/index.html
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM   #868
Regular Crew

You guys do just fantastic stuff. To be honest, it doesn't often happen that I find filmmaking reels online that really feel intimidating to me but this is just awesome. You guys really have that beautiful digital not-film-but-damn-cinematic Superman Returns-ish look down. Only point of critique I can give is that it seems to go a bit overboard with commercial-style lighting sometimes, making it a little bit too unreal, but I guess that was a stylistical choice.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM   #869
Trustee

Looked pretty exciting. Can't wait to see more. Some scenes in the trailer reminded me of Starship Troopers.

Regards
Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:18 AM   #870
Major Player

What was it shot on? Film or HD? What camera? Looks a bit like another Alien film.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work