Show Your Work 2007 - Page 61 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #901
Regular Crew

Hi Tunde,

Thanks. :) More to come soon. I was lighting designer on this one. Shot by Johnny Tsang of edgewater pictures and directed by William Lappe.
It was shot on the HVX in SD mode with the Brevis35 adapter.
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #902
New Boot

Demo needs critiquing...

I'm wrapping up a music video and trying to update my reel. I need some advice on the new now updated demo. I'm primarily (like so many others others) interested in directing, but I am a professional editor, and shot all but one of the projects myself. I am also mostly interested in work on music videos at this time (realistically), but also write and shoot short films.

http://mlfilm.com/video/demo.mov

Have at it...
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #903
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

i assume you want us to view this as a DIRECTORS reel ?

i really couldn't tell anything about Directing from the reel ...i think it's a good intro - now i would like to see longer sections from the music video's ...
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #904
Tourist

Digital Storytelling Film

Hi Everyone!

I've been a lurker on this site for awhile now and love reading the threads.

I have a new film project that I have been working on for the last 3 years for teaching kids and adults - but mostly students - how to come up with a great film idea fast. I taught this on the graduate level to 3D animators and became focused on creating a process for teaching visual storytelling. You need to think about your story from a production standpoint if you are going to be making the film yourself.

Can great storytelling skills be taught? What is missing in most indie films these days? I think the stories are lacking in many. Is it more important to have the best camera for your film or the best idea? I am story nut so you know where I stand.

Anyhow, I would love to get feedback on the online 94 minute step-by-step process. You can take any film or story idea you are working on through the steps. There is a free workbook you can download too at www.myflik.com. It is part of a longer workshop that takes you through writing a feature script with a focus on microbudget digital filmmaking using DV, 2D and 3D. Reading screenwriting books is very different than coming up with an great story idea and making a film.

Let me know what you think. Happy filmmaking!
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #905
Regular Crew

My Short Films

I've had these on the internet since they were finished, the first one since 2005 and the second since 2006. I love to make films and would love to get decent actors to work with.

This was my very first effort of making a short film, zero budget, bit of a wierd one this is, I know of some faults with it, but this was a massive learning curve for me.

http://dutchfilms.russthedutch.net/movies/aqotlrg.wmv

The second film I did was longer and more story based, even with a bit of proper dialog although the mic wasn't great and I've since brought a new one.

This one I think has a much better feel to it, again but of a wierd one and I learned alot in After Effects to get it how I envisioned.

http://dutchfilms.russthedutch.net/m...tch_wmv320.wmv

I'd like some feedback on them to read what people think. I am very proud of them.

Thanks for watching, I'd love to hear from you all because you people will help me improve.

Thanks
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:44 PM   #906
Major Player

Hello, Sherri.
You might want to think about posting this over at DVXuser.com as well as they have a scriptwriting specific forum over there.
Old September 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM   #907
Trustee

Hello, Sherri. I have your book and think it is great for kids wanting to make films. The presentation is very enticing.
Old September 15th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #908
Inner Circle

Sherri,

I visited your site, and will be buying your book. I like your concept.
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #909
Regular Crew

One Wicked Ride!

I know most here like cinema and short films but thought someone might want to see what the adrelain junkies we are like to watch! There was a typo in the video though it should say length 8.1 miles. I hate typos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz7P3FILghY

This here is just a raw footage waiting for the editing to be done!!
HOOOOOOOLD OOOOOOON!!
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #910
Inner Circle

just curious what this was shot with? Presume a CMOS HDV camcorder?
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #911
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
just curious what this was shot with? Presume a CMOS HDV camcorder?
It was shot with an APTEK digital camera, The lipstick portion of the camera didn't show up in the mail so we strapped the camera to the rollbar! Most cameras only last two seasons way to much vibration. That is why the screen shakes so bad due to the rough water and high engine vibration.
Old September 18th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #912
Major Player

That makes my hands sweat just watching it.
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #913
Major Player

Haunted Overload

Here are three videos that I created for a haunted attraction in NH. The video work was performed with a Canon XL2. I combined the video with photos.

I'd like to know what people think?

There are three parts:

http://hauntedoverload.blip.tv/file/130721/

http://hauntedoverload.blip.tv/file/130402/

http://hauntedoverload.blip.tv/file/305715/
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #914
Trustee

Tim,

Nice job... Well shot and edited. Nice blend of interview footage/crowd shots etc. Cool subject to shoot. Pretty extreme amount of credits at the end, but you had the interviewer going still so it didn't matter.

Looks like it will be wild with the new venue this year.
Old September 20th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #915
Major Player

Thank you Ken. I appreciate it!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work