Show Your Work 2007 - Page 77 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #1141
Major Player

Google fireplace video .. I got lots of links to DVDs, clips, all that stuff, some in HD
Old November 18th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #1142
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Kellar View Post
Google fireplace video .. I got lots of links to DVDs, clips, all that stuff, some in HD
Yep, I did that... Just wanted to see if anyone here on DVinfo had one. Try keep it local ;)
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #1143
Regular Crew

Airbus 380 landing with Sony a1u

Hello
This is a video of the Airbus 380 landing in Montreal
Filmed with Sony A1u, wide angle 0737y, but no foam mic.
Edit on Final cut 5

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv_SMNjz4N4

Last edited by Martin Labelle; November 19th, 2007 at 02:44 AM. Reason: correction of text
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #1144
Regular Crew

In the 80s a TV station in Montreal, used to have a fireplace on screen
when it was off the air.
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #1145

<yawn>
u need to check your exposure. Things were pretty dark
Old November 19th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #1146
Wrangler

Too much zooming, arbitrary pull-outs. Especially at the critical moment that the plane flew over, the camera pulls out wide for no apparent reason. Shaky handheld also. Editing could be a lot tighter as well. No reason to keep the location audio (which is primarily wind noise) in there all the time, just pull it down whenever there's nothing else on the track.
Old November 19th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #1147
Regular Crew

My first short "Chasing Ghosts"

I shot my first short film a few months ago. PLEASE PLEASE give me some constructive criticism! I used a Canon XL2 on this project. As for lighting; I used natural light and a home built lighting system using florescent bulbs. The only thing that REALLY REALLY bothers me about this short is the slight venetian blind effect I got on the shots where there's allot of movement... next time I will be sure to clean the heads BEFORE filming! Anyway, please let me know your thoughts on composition, editing, lighting, plot.... and anything else I'm leaving out! All shooting, editing, scoring, and ADR work for this short was complete in two days.

Production time: 7 hours / Post Production time: 12 hours

"Chasing Ghosts"
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=16218204
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #1148
Regular Crew

Thank you for the lessons.

You are saying what I knew, but I did not think you would see.
the shakee is mostly because the camera is held with my arms extend
over my head because of the fence. overexposure because I was scared of being overexposure so I underexpose to much.
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #1149
Regular Crew

Justin,

Your link didn't work. I think it got abbreviated.

This should work: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=16218204

That "venetian blind effect" that bothers you is your video interlacing. Somehow your odd and even lines probably got switched somewhere in the render. I don't know what you edit it with, but you could probably go back and change that. Or just deinterlace the whole thing. Especially if it's just going to be for online distribution.

My constructive criticism would just say that you could probably tighten up parts of the edit a bit. It felt like I had to wait a little too long to get the reaction from the other person during the dialogue scenes.

Other than that, I'd say you were pretty successful at producing a "cheesy black and white horror film!"
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #1150
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Labelle View Post
You are saying what I knew, but I did not think you would see.the shakee is mostly because the camera is held with my arms extend over my head because of the fence.
Hmm, it looks eye-level to me. Perhaps if you had positioned yourself next to the fence, you might have had an easier time shooting the craft landing?

You set yourself up a little bit, Martin, by labeling your video "the definitive clip". This would imply that it beats out all others, including those done presumably by the local/national media who were there, so the level of expectation is high.

There are a few rules-of-thumb when shooting events, such as avoiding zooming and then zooming back out again unless new information is added by doing so. Even if you had this on tape, you can simply eliminate the repetitious part of the shot when you edit.

Outside of the actual landing, if you do choose to build up the piece with other footage, it should tell some sort of story. I'm not sure what shots of the cars driving along the highway contributes to that, but I might have liked to have seen some of the excitement and interest in the bystander's faces.
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #1151
New Boot

Kitesurf video BATMAN CHORNICLES

hello this is my last work - demo movie for Filip"Batman"Dymkowski - Polish kitesurfer.
Most of shots made on canon xm2, some shots wich I got from raider are from some shity handycam (prassonisi shots).

Edited in FCP and After Effects
-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dzida.com/videlo/BATMAN_CHRONICLES_07.mov enjoy!!!

my web site www.dzida.com You can find on it more kite and windsurfing stuff from polish sea

best regards
Lukas Balinski
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #1152
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy D. Allen View Post
My constructive criticism would just say that you could probably tighten up parts of the edit a bit. It felt like I had to wait a little too long to get the reaction from the other person during the dialogue scenes.
I absolutely agree! I bet if I trimmed the clips a bit, that would solve the dialogue problem! I'll def have to try to deinterlace the footage! That’s good news! lol I thought my footage was ruined. Anyone else have any constructive criticism to offer? ....... Feel free to tell me about the parts you liked too!!
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #1153
Regular Crew

Re-Cut of my DV Challenge Entry - "I'm Sorry"

This is the extended cut of my winning entry for the DVC10.

Added a couple of scenes, better look and effects.

Camera: Sony VX2100
Mic: RODE Video Mic (not the best for the job but its all I had) Actually got a new RODE NT3 with my winnings and I'm loving it oh so much!
Editing done with Sony Vegas, After Effects w/Magic Bullet

I'd love some feedback of course. What ya liked, and what to add?

http://www.706studios.com/media.html
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #1154
Major Player

Congrats and good job on your first short!

As far as constructive criticism, it seemed like there were some issues with dialogue sync in the room when he's tied.... could be myspace tho. I agree too that some of the dialogue could be tighter as far as the cuts, but all in all, great job for your first short film!

C
Old November 20th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #1155
Major Player

Justin i really enjoyed it, its an unusual film and the mix of the private dick feel and the supernatural feel is interesting. There was something about the guy in the chair when he spoke he remided me of the character from twelve monkeys, you know the voice in bruce willis's head.

Good Job, Rodriguez would be proud.

Andy.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work