Show Your Work 2007 - Page 78 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #1156
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Graham View Post
There was something about the guy in the chair when he spoke he remided me of the character from twelve monkeys, you know the voice in bruce willis's head.
I love that movie lol! The guy in the chair is one of my main partners! I'm going tell him about the Twelve Monkeys comment.. He'll get a kick out of that! I'm glad you enjoyed the film Andy!

Justin
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #1157
Major Player

A couple of Music Videos

I've been on DVInfo.net for a while and thought it was time to share some of the music videos I've been producing and editing. Both videos were directed by Rajneel Singh.

The following two music videos were both shot on the Varicam, and the DVCProHD files were edited on Final Cut Pro on an 2ghz Intel Imac (although the second one, My Favourite Thought, had substantial rotoscoping and some effects work done on it, primarily on an 8 Core Mac Pro, and was also graded in Color on the Mac Pro. Comparatively the first music video, Bitter was graded using GNattress plugins.)

Just going to link to the respective Youtube videos for now, please forgive the encoding on the second one, it's a little dark.

Bitter - Slipping Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33eOsQJCds

My Favourite Thought - Donald Reid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WWHxTbycKQ
Old November 20th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #1158
Regular Crew

our ideas so far are......
a bunch of kids go camping for a week, something goes wrong, they get lost, someone goes crazy, monster thing is trying to kill them (we have a high lift for a car and we can get vw beetle sized boulders to roll down hills and knock over trees, it looks like jurassic park, from far away, you can see tree tops falling and shaking. and dont worry, 90% of the trees are dead, thats how they fall down)
or we have some objective, like trying to get somewhere/something.
. or we just try and do a movie based in the 1200's or something in Europe, though that usually means lots of people. but we were thinking the setting could be like in the begining of braveheart or something, like a small village. so we only need like 10 people. though we cant think of a story to go along with the setting. we could also do something based in early America.
Old November 21st, 2007, 03:20 AM   #1159
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Anderson View Post
our ideas so far are......
a bunch of kids go camping for a week, something goes wrong, they get lost, someone goes crazy, monster thing is trying to kill them (we have a high lift for a car and we can get vw beetle sized boulders to roll down hills and knock over trees, it looks like jurassic park, from far away, you can see tree tops falling and shaking. and dont worry, 90% of the trees are dead, thats how they fall down)
or we have some objective, like trying to get somewhere/something.
. or we just try and do a movie based in the 1200's or something in Europe, though that usually means lots of people. but we were thinking the setting could be like in the begining of braveheart or something, like a small village. so we only need like 10 people. though we cant think of a story to go along with the setting. we could also do something based in early America.

The boulder thing sounds pretty dangerous not to mention illegal.....whos land is it you do this on and are they happy about it?

Btw funny you should mention braveheart cause I live in that little village at the start of the movie, its called Lanark, i was born there 300 yards from where william wallaces house stood.

Andy.
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:53 AM   #1160
Regular Crew

They both were pretty awesome! But, My Favorite Thought is def the better in my opinion. I loved the elevator! It was like, "I wonder what's in the elevator this time"! The stairs were a little repetitive and dark, but I thought the concept was pretty original.
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:17 PM   #1161
Major Player

Hi Craig.
I thought the 'darkness' in the second one was fine.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:00 AM   #1162
Regular Crew

Quote:
The boulder thing sounds pretty dangerous not to mention illegal.....whos land is it you do this on and are they happy about it?

Btw funny you should mention braveheart cause I live in that little village at the start of the movie, its called Lanark, i was born there 300 yards from where william wallaces house stood.

Andy.
ha well we have a friend who works for the forrest service around there, it isnt anybodys land, he said its unlikely that its illegal or that we could get in any trouble. he was with us when we were doing it once. keep in mind where we are is hundreds of miles of forrest in every direction with a small off road trail that goes like 30 miles, my friends big jeep has trouble making it up. we have camped there for 3 weeks straight without seeing anyone else. so i doubt we would have any problems.
anyway thats amazing that you live there, everytime i watch that movie i cant stop thinking of how beautiful the setting is.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM   #1163
New Boot

"Tea for Two" our new holiday video.

Hi everyone,

Klip Art Studio would like to introduce our newest member, Jasmine Fonseca. This video clip is her first debut performance in "Tea for Two". Spread the joy of the holidays and have a wonderful new year. Enjoy!

Here is the link (Bigger and Better):
http://www.klipartstudio.com/index.p...2207&flName=DVI

Also on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRykw_E27z4

Equipment:
XL2, 16x manual lens, Mic with Zeppelin

Credits:
Producer/ Writer:
Jose Fonseca | Jeng Fonseca

Director/ Editor/ DP/ 3d Animator/ Compositor:
Jose Fonseca

Music Score:
Celeste Cresswell

Girl:
Jasmine Fonseca

Sound/ Grip:
Laurence Smith

----------------------
Jose Fonseca
josef@klipartstudio.com
http://www.klipartstudio.com
Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:55 PM   #1164
Major Player

Worst Band Name Ever!

This is a short promo that I threw together in less than a week for a bunch of friends who I used to play with when we were young men. Now all in their 40's, the core trio is STILL playing together and they wanted something that they could post on gigmasters.com, a website for people seeking to hire bands.

This video was a special challenge. I wanted to see if I could attend one show and quickly turn it into a video for them that wasn't a run-of-the-mill clip of just a band playing a song. The show was on Saturday and even with a full time job and other responsibilities I was able to have this done by Thursday working in my spare time. Not too bad, I think.

Don't critique this too harshly. This is meant to be a prototype of an inexpensive, quickly made vid clip that gives you some idea of the band and is more entertaining than most of the others that are on gigmasters.com. "Inexpensive" and "quick" are the key words here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlv7uQRlgBU
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:43 AM   #1165
Tourist

What do you think of my music video???

I made this music video for an online competition Using an old Panasonic gs75 standard definition dv camcorder that i bought a few years ago. I tried my best in post to make it look very filmlike without using a DOF adapter. I think it came out really well.

www.memelabs.com/indiemv

I'm in first place at the moment! Please vote for my video if you think its any good.

Thanx a million

And like i said, any feedback would be appreciated.

Devin
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:10 AM   #1166
Major Player

hey michael, im replying more about the post rather than the video. Just so you know the message your post puts across is "my film aint that good but don't blame me cause i work full time", don't get me wrong here i watched it and found it to be fine, its nothing amazing but its not bad either it does its job perfectly well im sure the band is happy with it. Most people on this site work and have other responsibilities.

All im saying is that by wording your post the way you did people will most likely have been put off watching it, the benefit of a site like this IS to get critique on your work by fellow filmmakers there by learning and improving, otherwise why post anything.

Andy.

Last edited by Andy Graham; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM   #1167
Major Player

Quote:
hey michael, im replying more about the post rather than the video. Just so you know the message your post puts across is "my film aint that good but don't blame me cause i work full time", don't get me wrong here i watched it and found it to be fine, its nothing amazing but its not bad either it does its job perfectly well im sure the band is happy with it. Most people on this site work and have other responsibilities.

All im saying is that by wording your post the way you did people will most likely have been put off watching it, the benefit of a site like this IS to get critique on your work by fellow filmmakers there by learning and improving, otherwise why post anything.

Andy.
You're right Andy. I'm sorry it came off that way. My post was badly worded.

What I meant to say is that in order to be able to make a living in this business (which I hope to do someday) I'm going to need to pick up the pace of my editing. I just takes too long for me to be able to turn things around quickly enough to please most clients and for it to be cost effective for me.

However, my challenge to myself was to deliver this clip quickly using WHATEVER I got in that one night. In my opinion it needed some reshooting, of the interviews and possible another night with the band to get more footage of the crowd. (Unfortunately the night I came out was a slow night and the dance floor was rather empty. Not a good thing to show in a promo!)

Thank you for letting me know that my cutting corners didn't show as much as I though it did and I'll be more careful to word things more clearly in the future.

The band is VERY happy with it! I made them look better than they expected and that's always a good thing.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM   #1168
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pulcinella View Post
In my opinion it needed some reshooting, of the interviews and possible another night with the band to get more footage of the crowd
lol yeah i think thats the official line of any videographer thats ever done paid work, another favourate is "i'll fix it in post!". Iv done my fair share of corporate interviews where the interviewee is terrible in front of the camera and they only want to do one or two takes, its just one of those things you need to accept, its not your fault....theres no plugin in final cut pro to fix that.

As i said it looked fine to me, and if the client is happy then job done.

cheers
Andy.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM   #1169
Major Player

Quote:
lol yeah i think thats the official line of any videographer thats ever done paid work, another favourate is "i'll fix it in post!". Iv done my fair share of corporate interviews where the interviewee is terrible in front of the camera and they only want to do one or two takes, its just one of those things you need to accept, its not your fault....theres no plugin in final cut pro to fix that.

As i said it looked fine to me, and if the client is happy then job done.

cheers
Andy.
LOL! True. Which is why I decided to restrict myself this time
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #1170
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mosley View Post
They both were pretty awesome! But, My Favorite Thought is def the better in my opinion. I loved the elevator! It was like, "I wonder what's in the elevator this time"! The stairs were a little repetitive and dark, but I thought the concept was pretty original.
Thanks for the feedback, that's really interesting that you prefer the second one, I personally like the aesthetic of the first one much more but the second lives or dies on it's concept really so I'm really glad that the concept is what works for you - it's an interesting comparison.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work