Show Your Work 2007 - Page 81 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:06 PM   #1201

Be that as it may, I still strongly urge you to buy and read the book. I guarantee it will improve your shooting (not to mention the affect it will have on your editing)!
Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM   #1202
Trustee

Same here!
Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:20 PM   #1203
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alexander View Post
I really enjoyed that, you have a nice eye for effective composition. The music really set the mood when showing the drama type footage.
Thanks for the comment.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM   #1204
Major Player

Hrm, just tested and it worked for me. It's a video hosting site, you might need a plugin. What browser are you guys using, and do you have DivX installed by chance? You might need it.

Sorry guys!

Carl
Old December 2nd, 2007, 11:11 PM   #1205
Regular Crew

It asked me to download the DivX player... I don't want yet another player on my system. Maybe try posting it to YouTube, or as Flash Media file or something?
Old December 3rd, 2007, 07:30 AM   #1206
Major Player

Dohh, I was hoping Stage6 would give me a decent place to share stuff without having to compress to the levels Youtube does. :D

Gives great quality for streaming video, and a lot of my myspace friends seem to have divx installed, but I'm striking out here. :(

Once I get my website back up and running, I'll post it there, and host it with good quality flv or something... but I don't currently have access. Dohh!

Carl
Old December 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM   #1207
Regular Crew

silly trailer - clay"murder"ation

just messing around on a cold snow filled weekened, found an old claymation figure from a while back and thought i'd put him to work :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VT0CE88glVE
Old December 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM   #1208
Major Player

Photo montage story - my 3 year anniversary

I made this for my girlfriend back in march for our 3 year anniversary. She lives in Taiwan, I live in the US. I used pictures from our 3 years together and made our story with them

www.kiukle.com/temp/anniversary.wmv
Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:59 PM   #1209
Regular Crew

Hey Devin,

Liked the video a lot. I watched a few of them to compare and yours was definitely up there.

I agree with Craig. Wish you could've matched the two locations better in sharpness and color.

One cut bothered me but it's more personal preference. The one where you cut to the bass drum. Like it, but seemed a bit late. Could be just 'cause I watched it once.
Old December 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #1210
Regular Crew

El Cucui Teaser Trailer

Hello all, I've had this on my drive for a while now and finally got around to posting it.

I shot this for my senior final project at Cogswell College in Sunnyvale. The total run time is roughly 9 minutes and was done over the course of 5 days. Three on set, One day blue screen and one day on location down a ditch on the side of the road.

If anybody is interested I can post some behind the scenes photos that I have. I might even post the behind the scenes footage I put on the DVD.

But first things first here's the 30 meg teaser.

http://www.stonehengemotionpictures.com/cucuiteaser.mov
Old December 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #1211
Trustee

Bleed Into One - the controversial story of Christian rock

Here is a promo video for one of my current projects. It is about 2/3 done and it is sitting at SONY in a slow down due to the writers strike so... I made it live on Youtube a couple weeks ago.

ash =o)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x_T68j4lb9g
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #1212
Wrangler

Wow, Ash, I’d sure like to see the whole thing when it’s available. What a fascinating subject, and you’ve treated it just right.

It must have taken a ton of work and time to obtain all the archived footage, track down all those artists—just boggles my mind. I remember when Petra came upon the scene; as a fan of the Queen sound I thought Petra’s music was beautiful. I noticed they were listed in the credits but didn’t recognize them anywhere, which isn’t surprising since I only listened to them and never saw what they looked like. I also remember the controversy from the 80's; it was wild.

Will you post when the video is released?
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #1213
Regular Crew

Ash, as a HUGE music fan myself, this is awesome! Can't wait to see it. One note of critique, though. I personally don't like all those quick zoom-ins in the interviews. I find it distracting when I just want to hear what they are saying. That is done in post, correct?

I know it's just a style choice and is all over TV nowadays, much to my dismay, but I feel it works best only when it's motivated to make a point of something that's said. Or maybe in this promo it's just overused for my taste.

Anyway, love the lighting and the overall look and feel. Can't wait to see it!
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #1214
Trustee

It is a work in progress, I hope to be done in spring. The snap zooms, etc. are intentional. Some of the higher profile people who will be on screen more will be shot with a 35mm adapter in a lock down. The problem is that the old B roll that will be used over much of it is RAW. The choppy style suits it. Most of the story telling will be done thru b roll, not just talking heads. I personally cant imagine a talking head doc with traditional production would suit this story, therefore I plan on covering about 75% of the interviews with b roll.

I know the style will annoy some and engage others but I doubt it will distract from the overall story.

ash =o)
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #1215
Regular Crew

Off-road videos

These are personal off-road videos taken with my Canon HV20 and edited with Sony Vegas 7e. They are posted on Vimeo.com so the first play(download) might be choppy until the entire video is on your computer. The second play will be smooth.

Besides the shakes due to not using a tripod, I would appreciate feedback.

Thanks.

Hungry Valley, CA
http://www.vimeo.com/420925

and

Pismo Beach, CA
http://www.vimeo.com/378176

Last edited by Eric Manacsa; December 9th, 2007 at 09:25 PM.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work