Show Your Work 2007 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM   #391
Regular Crew

Reeeeally trippy lol... That was pretty cool looking though.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:23 AM   #392
Major Player

Xiao, can you tell us about your experiences with the letus? What is good about it and what don't you like about it.... the trailer looks good btw!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:28 AM   #393
New Boot

What!!! Why?!!

"Certain" showed promise, some underlying meaning. "Dust" was just some special effects for no apparent reason. You aren't really going to go with that re-edit are you.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:28 AM   #394
"I saw 'em" -- Hiwayne Suggs

Student Shorts to Premiere at NUDGE 4.0 May 9-10 in Austin,Texas

Guys,

I'm a 'long-time' DVinfo addict and Chris Hurd fan from Austin. I make client films, commercial projects and my own films and I teach filmmaking here. At the end of each term we host NUDGE, (4.0) a micro-digital film festival and I'm posting this to invite you to come out (if you're in the area) to our screenings at Regal's Arbor Cinema on May 9 & 10. (I'm pasting in the press release and specifics below.) These projects, by the way, orginate on 16mm film, HD, HDV and DV.

Thanks,
Steve Mims

Student Shorts to Premiere at Austin FilmWorks Nudge 4.0

Nudge 4.0, Austin FilmWork's end of term micro-digital film festival will premiere the final project films for Production One, Production 2HD, and the University of Texas RTF 368S Undergraduate Thesis class at Regal's Arbor Cinema on May 9 and 10. Admission is $6.00.

Final thesis films for the University of Texas RTF 368S class screen at 7:00pm on Wednesday May 9. (These films originated on 16mm film and/or HD.) Designed to be competitive, festival worthy films, the final projects from this class include: LESSONS OF THE TONGUE, DONNYBROOK, PEDERSON'S SAVINGS AND LOAN, HOUSE OF DARKNESS, OVEREXPOSED, RICHARD COCKSMITH and CHASM.

Final project films for Austin FilmWorks PRODUCTION ONE and TWO premiere at Nudge on Thursday, May 10 at 7:00. Production One is a fourteen-week introductory filmmaking class. Production Two(HD) is an advanced cinematography and editing class and the final films for this term are THE VISITORS and A DAY TO REMEMBER.

Nudge 4.0 marks the seventh installment of the Nudge Festival, which was first presented by Austin FilmWorks in May 2004. Nudge celebrates the challenges and opportunities of independent filmmaking and provides something of a motivation or 'nudge' to get going.

Nudge 4.0 sponsors include Regal's Arbor Cinema and Austin FilmWorks. Regal's Arbor cinema showcases independent and foreign films at 9828 Great Hills Drive. Austin FilmWorks has offered college-level filmmaking courses since 1993.

EVENT: NUDGE 4.0 micro digital film festival

DATE: Wednesday, May 9 and Thursday, May 10.

TIME: 7:00pm both evenings

LOCATION: Regal's Arbor Cinema Arts, 9828 Great Hills Trail, Admission: $6.00

CONTACT: Steve Mims (512) 750-4672 / stevemims@earthlink.net

ON-LINE INFO: www.austinfilmworks.com
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:46 AM   #395
Major Player

okay, ive figured it all out, ill be posting the fine cut shortly

EDIT:

updated version http://rileyharmon.com/temp/certain.mov h264 24MB, 4 min

Last edited by Riley Harmon; April 23rd, 2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM   #396
Regular Crew

Infiniti FX 35 Commercial

This is a short commercial I did with my dad's FX while testing my new Canon XL2 that I got today. It's a little shaky because I'm not used to the weight of the camera, but I would like some feedback on the video. Thanks.

Here it is:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...49498939&hl=en

Once again, Thanks
Nick Royer
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #397
Major Player

Nick,

Like said before with your 20 min flight movie, Considering your time and effort
spent on tetsting your new XL ( congratulations ) utilising the test for
making an vehicle ad deserves a compliment.

I test my new cameras by shooting spiders and insects in the garden.

Your appetite for the industry as a 14 year old "moviemaker" will hopefully
inspire young and old.

Comment on ad / New vehicle,s don't leak oil on the floor.

Herman.
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #398
Regular Crew

That's not oil. It's mud from the rain earlier that day that was under the car.
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #399
Major Player

Nick,

My humble apology / "Looks" can be deceiving.

Herman.
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #400
Major Player

Nick, not bad. I see improvements since your last work.
That's all that you should ask of yourself, try and get better with every project.

You're young, keep at it!

Nice work,

Mike
Old April 24th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #401
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan View Post
I see improvements since your last work.
I think the XL2 helped me alot with its much easier to use manual controls. Bad news though, I think that the Optura Xi is messud up. Maybee I'll buy a GL2 as a second camera once I get some more money from my projects.
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #402
Major Player

"Finally" teaser

It's been at least two years since I've been here. I went through some financial problems a while back and had to give up DV for a while and sold all of my equipment to pay off some debts. Just this past January I started college and started riding BMX again. I got back in touch with a buddy of mine who also rides BMX (Chris Lukasz) and he has been working on a new video for the past couple of years. Problem is, he's a cop and works alot of hours so there isn't much spare time for him to edit. He asked me if I can help him out so that we could meet our deadline. Production is all finished so we are working in post right now. I'm doing the compositing and DVD authoring for him and I just made this trailer last night. The footage was shot on many cameras since this is his first video (started out like all of us on a cheap consumer camcorder). And, since alot of the older stuff from his first camcorder couldn't be reshot, it's being used in the video. Anyway, It's a quicktime file in Mpeg4. Tell me what you think about my first step back into DV.

http://www.street-1.com/images/Finallyteaser.mov

Now all I need is a new camcorder for my own productions.
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #403
Major Player

Very nice! At first I was going to ask if any of these guys can stay on their bikes, but then you showed both sides.

Some very nice angles and shots. Very nice editing too!

Liked the music as well.

Mike
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #404
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan View Post
Very nice! At first I was going to ask if any of these guys can stay on their bikes, but then you showed both sides.

Some very nice angles and shots. Very nice editing too!

Liked the music as well.

Mike

Thanks for the compliments. It's just my friends and I who are riding in it. We did land most of that stuff that we crashed on, but not all. There were a couple things in there that just hurt too bad to try again. Needless to say, we're going to have a mean out takes section on the DVD! (those are sometimes the best part)
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #405
Major Player

Not to say that you didn't do a good job in the technical aspect of the teaser, but the style of the teaser didn't make me want to watch the video. I think to have an effective teaser you need to have some of the best shots that you got, without revealing to much of the final product. Also to try to implement the videos "theme" into the teaser, even though most of action sport films are montages, themes still play a crucial role in making a video more effective.

For your teaser (note: these are my opinions) I would get rid of the second title and make a better titles for the "street meats" (create an actual logo) and the last title "finally". The second shot of the video, the back flip, I would take that out and cut in shots of bike tires riding by or something that is a little less revealing right off the bat; because the back flip shot is a nice shot, it would be more effect near the end of the teaser. Also cut out all of the crashes, maybe leave one or two, but all of them do not make for a good teaser. Then just cut it down to like a minute or so. Music was good and the riding after the crashes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work