Show Your Work 2007 - Page 71 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #1051
Regular Crew

Thanks eric, I use a green screen to insert the still shoots as a projector proved difficult, lighting the subject and getting a good video level in the back ground from a projector was to much hassle.

The scenes near the graves could not be help much, as they wanted it to look dark and without life.

The project is a low budget production and was done on the fly, cause they wanted to get the video out to launch with their single. its done but i wish i had more time to properly shoot and edit, i shoot the video entirely handheld I used premiere to edit

thanks for the feedback
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #1052
Major Player

Ah I see. Well if that's how they wanted it, can't argue with that. It looks really good though and the keying came out really nice. :)

We always need more time. :)
Old October 26th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #1053
Major Player

Nicely done. The cuts are right were they should be IMO.
Old October 26th, 2007, 08:34 AM   #1054
Major Player

You shoot action well. That's hard to do! And your editing is solid, although I could see a few cuts that I didn't think worked as well as others.

The main problem, from my viewpoint, is that you didn't make it interesting for non-motocross fans. Who is this guy? Why does he do this? What was this race like for him? How hard is it to ride in one of these races? Etc...

In my documentaries about bodybuilding and strength competitions, I always try to make it more understandable for the viewer who is unfamiliar with the sport. And I always try to tell a story along the way.

Here are two examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cluyc24vqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrLolh-vxo
Old October 26th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #1055
Regular Crew

It's timelapse for me...

This is what I do... Sorry for the youtube compression! It all looks amazing at 1080p on my 37" monitor.

Mostly for fun (I have a real job) but I sell here and there. It helps to pick up more equipment for more fun! If you need some stock feel free to hit me up. The youtube stuff is only a fraction of my collection.

I'm always playing with motion control. I'm working on software to control the telescope pan/tilt head that I use currently and It's very cool. I've always been envious of you tie-chi camera handling folk so now I can roll! ;-)

Oh yah.. and I've been exploring real world HDR video lately...

Enjoy!
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #1056
New Boot

Brevis Travel Lens

Hi Phil,

I love the sample clips you have on your website. I recently bought the Brevis with Nikon mount and am using it with a Canon XH A1.

I've only been getting into video for the past year. So I'm a definite novice. However, my profession keeps me in Asia and the Middle East. During my free time, I'm hoping to do some film type shots using the Brevis setup.

Could you recommend a good all around travel lens with Nikon mount that will work well with the Brevis. I'm guessing my price range is between $500 to $1000 USD.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,
John
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #1057
Trustee

Jay, as I said before, nice work. I really like the natural feel of your colors and exposure.

I have a question. Do you think that pan head can work for some real-time shots? Could it pan through about 45 degrees in just a few seconds. It might be nice to have a robot-smooth shot on occasion and this head seems to be very affordable for it's capability.
Old October 29th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #1058
Trustee

Nice work again, Phil. I assume the vignetting and edge blur is an effect added in post and not the adapter. I really like the better-than-real colors and the mix between close and personal and then distant composition.
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #1059
Regular Crew

Yes I'm finding that is a possible use for the system Marcus. The top speed of the rig is 5 deg/sec so it could make a 45 in 9sec. for example... Here is a sample where I only increased the footage speed by 2x in post but during capture I did not go over 2.5 deg/sec. (this is using my custom software as well for smooth start/stop).

Here is a guy that has made a nice beefy bracket for his HVX and says that it's working fine...
Old October 29th, 2007, 07:16 AM   #1060
Major Player

recent wedding extract

Extract from recent wedding, comments appreciated.

http://www.derienzo-videoproductions...&salvatore.wmv

Thank you
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #1061
Trustee

That's funny. I was envisioning putting my monopod quick release plate on a bracket just like that guy did. While watching the video, I had that exact part sitting on my desk. I guess it must be a good idea. The best part is that I have an extra-long plate for my camera so the weight balance could be adjusted to prevent overtaxing the pan head. Thanks for the videos. Yours shows a nice pan a 2x speed and since the head can move twice that speed it is exactly what one could expect. It seems very usable for some circumstances. For a few hundred dollars I don't think it is possible to get smoother pans.

Does it start and stop smoothly? I read a comment about the head that it has slop changing directions.
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #1062
Major Player

new metal music video

36mb 720p .wmv file is here: www.fff.ee

was shot on HVX+M2. Budget is zero, but the band is promising, one day they might go really big, so I thought why not.

Lightened with stuipid halogen plane lamps, which u can get from wal mart. Here they are called construction lamps...

Due to bad lighting, I had color correct a lot to get it all even. And as u might see, still some clips are brighter/darker than others.

Any comment is welcome.
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #1063
Regular Crew

nice

Very nice.

Great angles and camera movement. I also really admired the high colors and contrast adjustments... its a risk but you took it and was well worth it... turned out great.

I was wondering how you got the "sun ray" effect? You used it quite often and it looks really good. What program did you use?

Great overall piece. Good Job.
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #1064
Regular Crew

You did a great job! Liked some of the dynamic angles, like the really low angle looking up at the guitar player with his foot practically on the lens. The lighting looked not too bad at all. The dancer & construction guy didn't really fit in, but it all looked good. You sold the demolition well with falling dust, debris on the snare, etc. Good work man!
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:56 AM   #1065
Major Player

thanks Bert,

ye, that contruction guy is actually a vocal in one band, but he was closest construction guy looking man we new...
here their video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ySSe8ud4Oy8
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work