DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   COMING SOON: DV feature "Nitin, Talvin & Chloe" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/7187-coming-soon-dv-feature-nitin-talvin-chloe.html)

Pepi Singh Khara February 24th, 2003 03:50 PM

COMING SOON: DV feature "Nitin, Talvin & Chloe"

Frederick Films, LLC has wrapped up filming a feature length romantic/drama in the envions of Frederick, MD. This was a 2 camera shoot (Panasonic AD DVX100, 24P cams) with crew from NYC and Los Angeles and actors from the Wash DC area (barring one actor, who came all the way from Athens, WV). The shoot lasted 22 days with a crew of 6 people. This 90 minute + film is currently being edited in Baltimore (we have a rough edit in place) and are currently syncing sound to the visuals. Other than a professional DP, we used professional sound crew from LA (mixer and boom operator) and our sound is FANTASTIC..... The film was produced and directed by me. Images too (thanks to the the Panasonic cameras are very very film like and super nice to watch). Our DP had lots of experience with film lighting so our "little" film looks very much like a big budget film. This drama/love story triangle, set against a backdrop of a quaint city theatre and FANTASTIC locations is already setting up a buzz. We have 3 trailers (previews) already posted on our under-construction website... If you have high speed connection and quick time, feel free to watch them at www.frederickfilms.com/ntc and give me your feedback. Our film should be ready in 60 days, after which we are going hot and heavy after the film festival circuit. We are also looking for a DVD/VHS distribution deal if there are any takers out there. This film is well suited for cosmopolitan audiences (2 characters are from India) with Eastern themes etc. In western cities, where there is a large East Indian population - this film should have a good rental market. As additional marketing add ons, we have a full storyboard (done by a professional artist), script, sound track with talented musicians. We will soon have the rest of the film scored by local talent (some of whom I've already interviewed for the job). Again, please visit www.frederickfilms.com/ntc and give us your feedback on the trailers.

Rob Lohman February 24th, 2003 05:29 PM

It looks very good Pepi, thanks for sharing that.

Good luck with your distribution deal!

Glenn Gipson February 24th, 2003 06:32 PM

Did you shoot 16:9 with this production? And if you did, did you use the in camera 16:9 or the 16:9 Adapter? Just curious.

Pepi Singh Khara February 24th, 2003 07:09 PM

Thanks for the good words. Yes, we shot 16:9 all the way....

Pepi Singh Khara February 24th, 2003 07:11 PM

..oops....... (continued)..... the 16:9 feature is built into the excellent Panasonic AG DVX 100 camera....... Previously I had owned a fully loaded Canon XL1s with wide angle lens and portable monitor etc...... all of which I sold to buy 2 of these EXCELLENT Panasonic cameras........

Jaime Valles February 25th, 2003 08:08 AM

The trailers are great! Congratulations on completing the filming of your project. Your movie has that professional look, thaf few would ever believe came from a sub-$4000 video camera.

Do let us know when the finished film is available for viewing.
Best of luck!

Glenn Gipson February 25th, 2003 02:32 PM

One more question...did you shoot this in 24p?

Pepi Singh Khara February 25th, 2003 04:53 PM

Yes...... the whole reason for us to dump the Canon XL1s and get these Panasonic cameras was to shoot in 24P mode....... the result is SPECTACULAR and completely different than what standard video looks like.......... together with the built in camera tools, the 24P mode has given our film a CINEMATIC look......

Glenn Gipson February 25th, 2003 05:38 PM

ok, thanks for the info. I thought your third trailor was funny, good job.

John Threat March 6th, 2003 06:36 AM

Good job! looks good!

I'd love to see an even higher resolution, because at that resolution I would have guessed that you shot on a Canon XL1s in frame mode. :)

Lamce Barton April 3rd, 2003 06:39 PM

Nice work! Checked out the site, looks really nice. I think trailer #1 is my favorite, more of a mass appeal trailer. Trailer #3 is my second choice, kind of an IFC trailer aiming more at the culture-clash side of the film. I don't think trailer #2 has a hook.

I am excited to see the film, tell us how it's going, what's transpired, I have checked all over the place and can't find any news on the film.

Looks really top-notch. We just completed a DV feature as well, should be in stores around June. Would love to see yours there as well, it certainly looks like a fantastic film!

I particularly liked the shot in the trailer where you follow the guy down the alley, I couldn't tell from the clip if it was a crane, a jib on a dolly or what, but it was sweet.

Chloe is cute too. :-)

Stan Rimer June 28th, 2006 08:09 AM

Feature Film

How did your film turn out?