DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   "Junipero" Finished! Watch the whole movie online! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/76309-junipero-finished-watch-whole-movie-online.html)

Marlon Torres September 26th, 2006 11:49 PM

"Junipero" Finished! Watch the whole movie online!

Here you go guys... a 7 month student film! It clocks in at a running time of 33:10. Requires Quicktime 7 and is a 440mb download! :O

http://www.citizencine.com/films/junipero/junipero.htm

Tell me what you guys think!

Andy Graham September 27th, 2006 05:12 PM

I liked it, I see lord of the rings has been a great influence for you which is no bad thing,Its one of my fav movies.

your sound is excelent and the script is well thought out and well executed which is a tribute to your actors.

Good job and well done.

Andy

Scott Brickert September 27th, 2006 08:32 PM

Wow,

7 months. That's alota work. It's well executed, sharp, well presented. I kept wishing I could see it on a larger screen.

How many total hours do you think went into it? Is everyone on the credits a student? Where are you studying?

Where did you get the flyover footage?

I'll watch it again and have more questions.

Congratulations on completing a huge task.

Scott

Marlon Torres September 27th, 2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Brickert
7 months. That's alota work. It's well executed, sharp, well presented. I kept wishing I could see it on a larger screen.

How many total hours do you think went into it? Is everyone on the credits a student? Where are you studying?

Where did you get the flyover footage?

I'll watch it again and have more questions.

Congratulations on completing a huge task.

Scott

Thanks for the comments Scott and don't worry, I love answering questions! Keep 'em coming! :)

How many hours did I work on it? Who knows... a lot! Yes, everyone on the credits is a student at San Francisco State University. The flyover footage was stock footage I purchased.

Jaadgy Akanni September 28th, 2006 12:00 AM

Marlon, what music software, sample library or synthesizers did you use for the music-and did you compose and play all the music yourself?

Marlon Torres September 28th, 2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaadgy Akanni
Marlon, what music software, sample library or synthesizers did you use for the music-and did you compose and play all the music yourself?

its a combination of original composition and some apple jampacks sound loops. it was assembled together in logic express.

Luke Springer September 28th, 2006 11:00 PM

Great job! Are you planning on starting any new projects? Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Luke

Mike Horrigan September 29th, 2006 09:37 AM

Beautiful shots! Very nice to look at indeed. Nice work on the sound as well, truly excellent!

A little too LOTR during the opening, but aside from that it was great!

Gabriel Yeager September 29th, 2006 11:50 AM

Love it! That was truly a great film! I love all the digital grading that you did. It looked very nice, what camera did yo use? I also really liked the music, how did you make it?

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!
~Gabriel~

Marlon Torres September 29th, 2006 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Springer
Great job! Are you planning on starting any new projects? Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Luke

Thanks Luke. I'm currently writing a script for short about a couple who result to role playing to spice up their crumbling relationship. Something different, wanted to do a slice of life movie.

Marlon Torres September 29th, 2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Love it! That was truly a great film! I love all the digital grading that you did. It looked very nice, what camera did yo use? I also really liked the music, how did you make it?

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!
~Gabriel~

Thanks Gabriel, I used my Canon XL2. As for the music, its a mixture of original composition with some Apple JamPack Loops, mixed in Logic Express.

Obin Olson October 4th, 2006 08:39 PM

someone give this guy a standing ovation! please.

My god what work. really, how often do we see somthing of this level on a mesage board?

Marlon Torres October 4th, 2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obin Olson

My god what work. really, how often do we see somthing of this level on a mesage board?

wow...that really nice of you to say obin...i really appreciate it!

Mike Horrigan October 5th, 2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obin Olson

I agree, very professional looking.

Marlon Torres October 5th, 2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan
I agree, very professional looking.

Thanks Mike :)