New Short Film I Made! Please Watch! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 11th, 2006, 06:00 AM   #16
Major Player

Well done fella.
I'll watch it again and see if I can offer any constructive critiscism.
First viewing impressed though.
Do you have links to a larger file?
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I thought the film was very well done. The female voice bothered me at first, and was kind of distracting--the first thing that came to my mind was that you had to do this for school and was lazy about the voiceover. Then in the end, it turned out to work very well. So, in this instance, the distraction worked very well.

There was one shot I didn't really like. The one where he actually holds the knife up to his wrist. I think it's unneeded and is basically throwing it in the audiences face. I don't know, other than that, it's very well done.

Matt
Matthew Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #18
Major Player

There was nothing even close to that kind of blatant descrimination at my highschool (people hung out with people that were in the same after-school activities), but then again we never had the "cool" kids who dissed everyone else either, like every movie portrays. Overall good shooting, well edited. Only thing I would attempt to improve on in future projects would be audio during the interactions with other kids, it sounds a little muddy. I was confused like the rest of the guys about the voice at first, but made sense in the end.
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #19
Trustee

The female voice did not bother me a bit.

The ending threw me off. I did not clearly hear what she said. There is a lot of room reflection in the sound. Since her face is not shown during the line, you could re-record her voice. Also, why is her name on the cell phone? Why is her face barely shown? I guess I liked everything but the very last scene. It seemed unclear and rushed.

Move to Hawaii. Probably a third of the people here are part filipino. Unfortunately, rent is getting outrageous.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work