ZOMBIE NERD (my first short fim) Looking for feedback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 26th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #1
New Boot

ZOMBIE NERD (my first short fim) Looking for feedback

Hello there!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finished my first film - Zombie Nerd. It's a 5-minute short film we made for the Toronto 24-hour film challenge. We classify it as a horror-comedy, or "horromedy" but I'll let you make up your own mind ;)

The entire film was written, shot and edited in only 24-hours. Thirty teams competed in the challenge, each having to incorporate the same four elements in their film

- Horror genre
- Bottle of TFC poison
- Latex Gloves
- The word "Legend"

I'm looking for feedback, as this was my first attempt. I was the director, cinematographer and editor - so any blame will rest squarely on my shoulders. The praise will go to my wonderful cast, and amazing production team.

Thanks in advance for your comments. Enjoy the film.

Peter

ZOMBIE NERD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCRKmTq5K-Y
Peter Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Zombie Nerd

Nice work, kudos to the art department, and the gaffer. The story is entertaining and the acting was quite good. For a first short film, you did pretty well. Keep it real...

Regards
Van Zijl
Van Zijl Loots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Peter,

I saw your film at the screening last Friday. I thought it was very funny and the makeup was great as well.
Dino Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys. It was quite the experience, though wearing the diretor/DOP/editor hat can be rather tiring :)

Van Zijl - I agree that kudos belong to the actors and crew. We also had a terrific makeup artist who had worked on Dawn of the Dead. You couldn't ask for better.

Dino - Glad you enjoyed it. Did you come to to afterparty? What film were you involved in? That whole evening was a bit of a blur, so it's possible we met.

In any case, onward to the next project - potentially the sequel to Zombie Nerd - Zombie Nerd II: Making of a Legend.

Cheers!

Peter
Old December 2nd, 2006, 12:37 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Great film man. everything was good. Acting was nice and liked the story. That guy just didnt have any kind of luck..lol

Nice movie

Derrick Jones..........
Derrick A.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Reynolds
Thanks for the feedback guys. It was quite the experience, though wearing the diretor/DOP/editor hat can be rather tiring :)

Van Zijl - I agree that kudos belong to the actors and crew. We also had a terrific makeup artist who had worked on Dawn of the Dead. You couldn't ask for better.

Dino - Glad you enjoyed it. Did you come to to afterparty? What film were you involved in? That whole evening was a bit of a blur, so it's possible we met.

In any case, onward to the next project - potentially the sequel to Zombie Nerd - Zombie Nerd II: Making of a Legend.

Cheers!

Peter
Hey Peter,

Yes I came to the afterparty and we very well might have met. Our film was "The Possessed". Here's a link to the film on my website. If it doesn't work on your computer, try opening the one that says dial up:

http://dinosantoro.com/The%20Possess...8cable%29.html

Hope you like it!
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #7
New Boot

Hi Dino.

We did like your film. In fact, all of us thought the "cross in the eye" was the best death scene of the festival. Simple, yet very effective. Nice job.

I'm interested to know what you gear you used. We shot on an Canon Xl1 and edited using Premier Pro.

Feel free to email me at info@fortherecordproductions.com

Look foward to hearing from you.

Best.

Peter
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Peter,

I really appreciate your feedback. We used the DVX100B for most of the footage, except the underwater scene where we used a DVX100A in a housing. For editing we used Final Cut Pro 5. We used two sennheiser booms for mics.

Feel free to email me if you have other questions at info@dinosantoro.com.

Dino
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:18 AM   #9
New Boot

I enjoyed this. Looking forward to see your next movie.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work