new lo budget movie trailer shot with FX1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 9th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #16
Major Player

Hello,

Thanks Vincent.. I am impressed with the look you have achieved.. I understands the lighting for film aspect and the ability to use a 35 mm lens with the ability to have control depth of field certainly goes a long way to
get that elusive film look.. I am still puzzled by how the 24 FPS cadence is achieved along with the film grain look..

Mike Moncrief
Old December 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #17
Regular Crew

no I hadn't gotten the M2 yet the trailer is all the FX1 stock lens only... no Lens adapter used. The Grain you see is mainly the result of +18DB Gain....

and yes We did crop for 2.35... I first Tested with an anamorphic lens worked great...but the editor didn't want to have to re-squeeze it.......grrrr

VP
Vincent Pascoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #18
Major Player

Hello,

After reading the discussion here.. I did a little experimenting with my FX1.. Shoot some footage in Cinemaframe 30, and cranked up the gain to add some grain.. I also turned the sharpness down to about 4.. to soften a bit.. Results look pretty good.. anyone else have any other input on their picture profile settings to get more of a filmy look??

Thanks,
Mike Moncrief
Old December 14th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #19
Regular Crew

my little soap box

the best thing you said was experimenting...its so important to a camera test before you shoot. It lets you try things you never did before. and it lets you also know your tools as best as possible...

But try not to just look for a "filmy Look". try to figure out what "look" fits your story best. That should be number one. All of your creative Choices should come from the story, Or the Mood or Tone your trying to Portray if its a Commercial or Music video.

VP

www.vincentpascoe.com
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:13 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Vincent, how did you shoot your first trailer on your site? Did you use CF30 or 1080i for this one?

-Nate
Nathan Brendan Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 03:03 AM   #21
Regular Crew

First we did shoot the whole Feature and the director has started to submit the work in progress to Film festivals as a feature 104 mins...with about 30 days of shooting...

we ended up shooting Cineframe 30 at 1080i...which may hurt us if we ever go convert to progressive... but it is far more cinematic than just 60i regular...

VP

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/14908/1164226545.jpg

www.vincentpascoe.com

www.myspace.com/vincentpascoe
Old December 21st, 2006, 03:06 AM   #22
Regular Crew

wait a sec the first trailer on my website? www.vincentpascoe.com....thats a whole other story....read....

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=56760

sorry if I confused you again...

VP
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Film Festival time

the movie made it into the Phoenix Film festival in Arizona , April 14-19 or something...

and going back the one shot I did with fx1 and the M2 with out the bellows. it was unusable to use it was so different with massive vignetting.

VP

www.vincentpascoe.com
Old February 20th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #24
Regular Crew

the shot from rear seat showing sunset looks fantastic, was there any internal lighting or post effects used?, great work, what process did you use to film this?
Andy Lunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:55 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Hi Vincent,

I'm curious what you mean when you say: "which may hurt us if we ever go convert to progressive."?

How exactly will this cause a problem and why would you ever have to convert to progressive?

Thanks, still trying to get up to speed on all the format options and their ramifications.

Cheers,
New guy - Michael
Michael Barrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:25 AM   #26
Trustee

Hi Vincent,

Two questions:

1) You said you tried an anamorphic lens and it was great. Was it a 16 x 9 add-on? Which one? Always directly on the FX1, right?

2) Are you going to (or already did) transfer your feature to film?
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work