DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Don't try this at home folks! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/81082-dont-try-home-folks.html)

Andrew M Astbury December 6th, 2006 09:13 AM

Don't try this at home folks!

Hi guys - just thought I'd post this link to a clip I shot the other day

http://wildlifeinpixels.com/clips/moon1MbStream.mov

XL2 with an Optex mount converter, 500mm Sigma 4.5 + a 2x t/c all held together with one of Ron Armstrongs ronsrails.

1/25th sec @f8

Only problem is the rig is that sensitive if you sneeze the cam ends up recording another point in the sky with no moon in it!
I thank Strauss for the audio..

Cheers guys

Andy

Mike Teutsch December 6th, 2006 09:29 AM

Andrew,

Very nice video, I enjoyed it!

Mike

Mark Utley December 6th, 2006 11:12 AM

Wow, that's unreal!

Graeme Nattress December 6th, 2006 11:39 AM

Wonderful. I love shots of the moon.

Andrew M Astbury December 7th, 2006 01:09 AM

Thanx guys

Andrew Clark December 12th, 2006 11:18 PM

Just curious, have you tried looking for the space station or shuttle?

Excellent footage though mate!! Must have been tough to do that slow panning movement...or was it just the earth's rotation?

Andzei Matsukevits December 16th, 2006 10:06 AM

wow, i didnt know that 500mm can get that close...
do you know why picture is kind of breathing, i mean its not perfectly still, something like hot air around moon or something?

Mike Teutsch December 16th, 2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andzei Matsukevits
wow, i didnt know that 500mm can get that close...
do you know why picture is kind of breathing, i mean its not perfectly still, something like hot air around moon or something?

I'm affraid there is no air around the moon, but there is plenty in our own atmosphere.

Gilles Guerraz December 16th, 2006 10:35 AM

Wow !

Awesome !

Make me wanna go for a ride up there...

Kevin Randolph December 17th, 2006 09:02 PM

the "breathing" of the picture looked to me kinda like when heat is rolling off the pavement in summertime. I wish you could've gotten the shot without it... but it truly was awesome. Made me want to buy a lens adaptor and go see what I could find...

thanks for the post Andrew

Andzei Matsukevits December 18th, 2006 07:00 AM

but if were shooting out in the country side, could you get a clear picture?

Mike Andrade January 11th, 2007 12:17 PM

Wow that was some beautiful footage. Have you had any luck with planets or other moons?

Michael Pulcinella January 16th, 2007 10:49 AM

Gorgeous imagery! I loved it.

I just wish you had chosen different music. Also Sprach Zarathustra can no longer be used to evoke the same feelings it once did. That piece of music, as glorious as it is, has been used up. Wrung out. All it does now is conjure up images of the movie 2001 or the plethora of commercial and ironic uses it has been abused by. It can only be used ironically now, for comedic purposes. Not that it made your images funny. It didn't. But it didn't add to them either...for me. There are many pieces of music, classical or modern, acoustic or electronic, that I feel would have really enhanced your clip.

My $0.02.

Christopher Hughes January 23rd, 2007 03:43 AM

Very nice shot!

I wonder what shoots could be done with the Canon 1200mm lens with x2 converter.

Would be nice if it were possible to have a camera mounted through a telescope and record footage of Apollo capsules on the Moon. Then the did they/didn't they moon-landing theories can be laid to rest.

Viktor Bludov January 31st, 2007 11:05 AM

moon-landing theories

Christopher,
I'm originally from Russian Federation and I have never heard of this theory till I moved to USA.
Who are these people who come up with this nonsense?
Do you really think that a footage of moon-landing mission would look more credible if it was filmed from the Earth and Moon at the same time?
I can give you a dozens of scenarios in which it's a conspiracy linked all the way to JFK assassination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Hughes
Very nice shot!

I wonder what shoots could be done with the Canon 1200mm lens with x2 converter.

Would be nice if it were possible to have a camera mounted through a telescope and record footage of Apollo capsules on the Moon. Then the did they/didn't they moon-landing theories can be laid to rest.