DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Christmas Commercial(filmed day prior to cutoff for christmas) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/82275-christmas-commercial-filmed-day-prior-cutoff-christmas.html)

Steven Hoffman December 21st, 2006 04:28 PM

Christmas Commercial(filmed day prior to cutoff for christmas)

www.legupmktg.com/church1k.wmv

My dad wanted me to throw together a commercial for christmas, he put it off till the 20th, but It doesn't look horrible. Some minor changes were made to the text before it went out, but overall not bad.

After filming I had 48 seconds of dialogue for a 30 second commercial, quite a few unneeded words were cut mid sentence.

Filmed on a Green Screen with the AG-HVX200p, and edited in premiere pro.

Its small, only about 4mb, sorry for not having it embedded for you all.

Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it,
And Have a Great day off work to those who dont.

-Steve Hoffman
Leg Up Marketing and Productions
Buffalo, New York

John Huling December 21st, 2006 04:36 PM

Steve
Is there a better way to deal with the edge stuff going on around the mask?

Steven Hoffman December 21st, 2006 04:46 PM

Its not as obvious in full quality, Im curious if there are better ways to refine it, but for the speed needed, I didn't have time to play.

Chris Harris December 21st, 2006 09:44 PM

Yeah, the edges were a bit rough, but to be fair, greenscreening is really hard to get right, and it looked pretty good. Other than that, it's a nice commercial.

James Clarke December 23rd, 2006 01:03 PM

i agree i looks very nice as for the edges the should be a function in premiere to blend the edges but otherwise great job

Nathaniel McInnes December 24th, 2006 07:19 AM

If you are on something like final cut on the mac you can put multiple chroma key layers. This is an amazing way to deal with it and it works great.

Evangeline Lee January 10th, 2007 11:14 AM

Liked the message of the commercial...

I'm from the Buffalo area, too (just drove by The Chapel yesterday!) so it was fun seeing those familiar sites... haha.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to try playing around and CC the video (maybe you already did). The video is a bit "washed out"... and considering that you're using an HVX, it doesn't have to be. Greenscreening IS hard... AfterEffects will probably do it better than Premiere... but with the time limit and everything--not bad.

Props.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Hoffman
www.legupmktg.com/church1k.wmv

My dad wanted me to throw together a commercial for christmas, he put it off till the 20th, but It doesn't look horrible. Some minor changes were made to the text before it went out, but overall not bad.

After filming I had 48 seconds of dialogue for a 30 second commercial, quite a few unneeded words were cut mid sentence.

Filmed on a Green Screen with the AG-HVX200p, and edited in premiere pro.

Its small, only about 4mb, sorry for not having it embedded for you all.

Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it,
And Have a Great day off work to those who dont.

-Steve Hoffman
Leg Up Marketing and Productions
Buffalo, New York