Surf video Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #16
Major Player

Your voice-over work was much better that time. The video was paced very well too. Do you have alot of footage from the Reef contest? a couple friends of mine did well in that contest.
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Thanks, I still had a few problems with the voiceover but the music covers them up a bit hehe. I really need some better sound equipment for it. Someday.

I don't have much other footage from the contest. Unfotunatly I didn't have my GL2 when i took that footage. I was borrowing a friend's camcorder and the ocean spray kept getting all over the lens. It was also about 150 degrees out and i couldn't stay out too long. It's a really fun contest with tow-at demos and an airshow so i hope to get that stuff next time.
Julian Kehaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #18
Major Player

Thats the beauty of surf videography, its 95 percent music soundtrack, so you dont have to spend a helluva lot on sound equipment!

Anyway, the next surf-related project I have coming up is a biography of sorts on a local pro who died this time last year (Zeke Sanders). We have the Second Annual "Zeke Surfcus" in June which is a contest for groms. Ill post footage on here when I have some.

-burk
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Awsome I can't wait to see the footage!

Just curious, but if i spent a bunch of money on something like Adobe Video Collection Pro will the DVD tools enable me to Burn DVDs with lossless conversion? I made a few copies as DVDs for friends and there seemed to be a lot of lossed resolution form the original .AVI file. I was Using Nero software which i'm guessing was the source of the problem. BLEH. I hate Loss.
Julian Kehaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #20
Major Player

DVD's are burned in the mpeg 2 format regardless of the software. There is no "lossless" way to do it really. When an .avi is compressed into an mpeg file, you're going to lose a little bit. Better apps like the adobe stuff and Sony Vegas(which is what I use, and love) give you more options and control over output though.

Last edited by Jason Burkhimer; February 12th, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work