DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   My "On The Lot" submission (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/86935-my-lot-submission.html)

Brian Duke February 19th, 2007 03:22 PM

My "On The Lot" submission

Hey everyone,

My short got uploaded to www.onthelot.com

The direct link is here: http://films.thelot.com/films/14816

Any support from you guys will obviously be appreciated. I need as much as I can get =) Its stiff competition.

Registration is easy and quick for leaving feedback and ratings. If you have your own film up there I will do the same for you =) Just put your link in here.

Thanks guys

Randy Boose February 20th, 2007 12:30 PM

Good Job. Maybe we can have one spot where everybody can submit their work. It would be a great way for us to help those people who have entered.

Jason Robinson February 20th, 2007 01:12 PM

Nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Hey everyone,

My short got uploaded to www.onthelot.com

The direct link is here: http://films.thelot.com/films/14816

Any support from you guys will obviously be appreciated. I need as much as I can get =) Its stiff competition.

Registration is easy and quick for leaving feedback and ratings. If you have your own film up there I will do the same for you =) Just put your link in here.

Thanks guys

That was quite a fun ride. I kept thinking, when does he wake up! But no it was real and everyone else is insane all of a sudden!

Well done. Hopefully the color cast was on purpose because it was a little wierd at first.

jason

Brian Duke February 21st, 2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson
That was quite a fun ride. I kept thinking, when does he wake up! But no it was real and everyone else is insane all of a sudden!

Well done. Hopefully the color cast was on purpose because it was a little wierd at first.

jason

Thanks Jason. I assume you mean colorful cast. And yes it was on purpose.

Daniel Gast February 21st, 2007 09:00 PM

I was impressed. A little random at times, and I think you had actors looking into the camera twice...but really fun to watch. Fun angles and shots.

Brian Duke February 21st, 2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Gast
I was impressed. A little random at times, and I think you had actors looking into the camera twice...but really fun to watch. Fun angles and shots.

Thanks Daniel, do you remember the parts where you think they looked into the camera, so I can possibly change it. Duke

Daniel Gast February 21st, 2007 09:47 PM

1:19 for sure...and 4:31 he gets really close. 4:48, I know you're trying to go for her POV, but you need to set his sightline a BIT further to the camera's right...it's so close to the camera, either he's unintentionally glancing into the iris or it's so close it looks like he is.

Anywho.

Brian Duke February 21st, 2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Gast
1:19 for sure...and 4:31 he gets really close. 4:48, I know you're trying to go for her POV, but you need to set his sightline a BIT further to the camera's right...it's so close to the camera, either he's unintentionally glancing into the iris or it's so close it looks like he is.

Anywho.

I looked at 1:19 and I don't see it. Mind you I have edited and watched this probably 120 times so these are the type of things I look out for and I can't see it even after you pointed it out. 1:19 the camera is to the side and he isn't even looking in that direction. 4:32 he's glances over and it appears he may look into it, but he's just looking at the people. That's the only close call I could find, but again I don't think its a direct look or I would have taken it out. Appreciate your comments.

Alex Sprinkle February 22nd, 2007 01:00 AM

Ha ha. That was great. I kid you not, I know a girl that's JUST like Amanda (minus the whole dad thing). It was creepy!!

Mike Andrade February 22nd, 2007 01:37 AM

Brian,

I just left you a review on the lot. Good job that was one of the best ones I've seen on there so far. I don't know what their qualifications were to allow some of these films to be accepted on their but there is some real crap on there. By the way, what was this shot on?

Mike

Brian Duke February 22nd, 2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Sprinkle
Ha ha. That was great. I kid you not, I know a girl that's JUST like Amanda (minus the whole dad thing). It was creepy!!

Actually it was based losely on a real event. =) Thnaks for your comments.

Brian Duke February 22nd, 2007 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Andrade
Brian,

I just left you a review on the lot. Good job that was one of the best ones I've seen on there so far. I don't know what their qualifications were to allow some of these films to be accepted on their but there is some real crap on there. By the way, what was this shot on?

Mike

Thanks Mike. It was shot with the HD100 and Mini35. 24p. I don't either what onthelot is looking for. Probably not something like I made, becausse I think they general go for more artsy and beautiful shot films. This was a comedy so I wasn't that concerned with either. =)

Vence Vida February 22nd, 2007 11:47 AM

Brian,

I liked your piece better than many - artsy or not. A lot of fun.
I will say that I agree with Daniel. In all three of those locations, the actor looks into the camera as if he was including me in the moment - a la Ferris Buehler. It does make me feel like the actor can see me. Maybe the time stamps that Daniel is using don't match what your time stamp is, although they did match what I saw.

I still really like the bit, though, and I would not have even have thought to mention it, had you not said you can't see it.

-Vence

Daniel Gast February 22nd, 2007 09:01 PM

So I'm not crazy. Thank good ness, my peeps keep telling me otherwise.