My new short: Angst Barbie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Major Player

My new short: Angst Barbie

Hey all,

My new not-safe-for-work short is online here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI3RCIQq7J4

Check it out and let me know what you think. I'm not happy with what their compressors did to the motion... but I like the short. It was shot with an XL-1.

It does deal with adult situations and content, so please don't watch it if that might offend you.
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #2
Major Player

Not bad, there was some echo in the voice-over near the beginning though. It was a little distracting. I liked the way that you shot it though, the music seemed to fit as well.

Interesting take... :)
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Excellent job at making a humorous short. The car scene was the best. I could imagine this video apart of a short series.
Old February 20th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Very nicely done. I'm currently working on some episodic shorts using my son's Bionicles. Would you care to share you set up secrets? I'd love to see how you get subtle camera movements.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the feedback all.

Mike - yeah, the echo... ick. Just a timeline mishap that I thought I had out. I need to recompress anyway, so I'll fix that.

Wes - thanks, I love the car scene also. Did you notice the dog? When we were shooting someone just bumped the car and I decided in post that they must have hit something.

Dennis - I wish I had picks on the setups, but we were tight on time. For the intro bed tracking I think we had the camera on a cart, and I wasn't happy with the smoothness. The panning up on the body shot was just on a tripod. Otherwise it was all lockdown shots, I think. I lit with regular lights... hmmm, any other questions.

Thanks again for taking a look.
Old February 20th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Gribble
Did you notice the dog?

Yeah, running over the dog was awesome. Making the dog noise pretty soft made it funnier.
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM   #7
Major Player

Very interesting... In the first 12 hours the compression was horrible, but today it's totally fine. They must do a rough compression first just to get it on line and then do the full compression later.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work