New Music Video for Cherokee Queen Records at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 24th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Music Video for Cherokee Queen Records

here is a music video i did for brianlisik.com. Great song- hope you like it! et

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIqY4eydKks
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Good job on the video, looked real professional. Would have liked to see it in better quality. Youtube is not a real good place for quality. Didn't really like the song, but thought the video was great.
Joel L. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Joel. Where do you recommend for a good host for videos other than youtube? thanks ~edt
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

There is a lot of discussion on that subject on this board and others. I personally put all my stuff on stage6 ( http://stage6.divx.com/ ) The downside is it uses a divx player, which can be easily and quickly installed right off the page, but some people might not do it. The upside is divx seems to be by far the best bang for your buck for quality / file size. I use the dr divx encoder suggested off the page and produces great results and even supports HD. Of course there are a ton more options, just search around and you will find many.
Joel L. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #5
Major Player

Edward, as far as free sites for hosting video go, iFilm is pretty decent.

I agree YouTube isn't that great for quality, but then again the YouTube audience is used to it. Still a good place to reach a lot of viewers. The compression is unforgiving but your video holds up well.
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:34 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Edward,

Great looking video.

What camcorder did you use to shoot this with?

Was it edited in Vegas or Final Cut (Premiere?).

I checked out your Audio Studio (AudioWorks) and was really impressed with your audio knowledge. Does you company mainly do audio work or do you also have a video division?

Again nice looking video.
Alex Amira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #7
Regular Crew

thanks guys. alex, i've been in audio for over 20 years! video for just 2 years. but i love video! my studio accomodates both fields now and it's been great. i have been a graphic/ portrait artist all my life. video gives me a chance to be creative! thanks. eddie t.
Old March 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #8
Major Player

Edward, this was beautifully shot, but you still haven't told us what camera you used. I thought the music was too retro and derivative all at once(that song's been written too many times before) -like a bad version of Mellencamp. Anyway, I like how you shoot, good use of light too. So, tell us about the equipment used. Thank you.
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Sorry! I used a Panasonic DVC 30p - Smith-Victor PL12s/ diffused - and Vegas 6 for post work. Thanks for the compliments, guys! I kinda dig the tune. Maybe because the song was done somewhere else and i didn't hear it too much in the studio! Peace! ~eddie
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work