DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   A Walk in the Park (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/90788-walk-park.html)

Chris C. Collins April 5th, 2007 02:41 PM

A Walk in the Park

Well I just got my XL2 for my 16th Birthday last Saturday, and I am more than ecstatic about it!

So to celebrate I took my new camera out for a walk, shot some random nature, and put my favorite band to it.

It's nothing special, just getting a feel for my new equipment and making sure all runs well with my footage in post-production processes. Sorry it's on YouTube and the quality isn't exactly up-to-par, and the aspect ratio is screwed up since it's shot in 16:9 and rendered out some other aspect... I still have to figure the best rendering settings out of Vegas for my footage. Enjoy anyways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac0oqZdXNQI

-C. Collins

Ken Diewert April 5th, 2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris C. Collins (Post 654583)
Well I just got my XL2 for my 16th Birthday last Saturday, and I am more than ecstatic about it!

So to celebrate I took my new camera out for a walk, shot some random nature, and put my favorite band to it.

It's nothing special, just getting a feel for my new equipment and making sure all runs well with my footage in post-production processes. Sorry it's on YouTube and the quality isn't exactly up-to-par, and the aspect ratio is screwed up since it's shot in 16:9 and rendered out some other aspect... I still have to figure the best rendering settings out of Vegas for my footage. Enjoy anyways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac0oqZdXNQI

-C. Collins

Dude gets an XL2 for his 16th birthday! I know guys who are 40 and can't get an XL2 for their birthday.

Have fun with it. Keep us posted.

Gabriel Yeager April 5th, 2007 04:41 PM

Congrats on the camera and happy birthday!

You should try out the UWOL challenge.

Keep on learning with that camera!
~Gabriel

Chris C. Collins April 5th, 2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Diewert (Post 654633)
Dude gets an XL2 for his 16th birthday! I know guys who are 40 and can't get an XL2 for their birthday.

Have fun with it. Keep us posted.

Haha, yeah. I'm very devoted to a career in film and I wanted to get started as early as possible. I've been saving for 2 years as it is and have been working my tail off to get this baby.

But could I get some feedback on my little movie?

Nick Royer April 5th, 2007 10:15 PM

Hopefully I'll get an XL2 or an XH A1 for my fifteenth birthday. I'll watch your movie tomorrow cause I left the headphones in the car and I can't use the speakers in here.

Trey Dillen April 8th, 2007 07:59 PM

we are spoiled

just like the other 2 kids here, i just recently got a camera for my 17th birthday. I got a sony hvr-v1u for my bday (90% of it was bought with my money). I have to admit, me with the v1u, you with the xl2, and the nick kid wanting an XH A1, we are all spoiled kids haha.

Nick Royer April 8th, 2007 08:11 PM

Why did you remove it from YouTube?

Chris Harris April 8th, 2007 08:13 PM

I'm hoping RED comes out in time for my 10th birthday...

Just kidding! Wow though, and I thought I was young... I never thought I'd be saying this, but you guys have a very big head start on even the youngest of today's filmmakers, me included.

By the way, your Youtube link doesn't work.

Chris C. Collins April 8th, 2007 08:16 PM

Sorry guys, I re-uploaded it because I enhanced the quality and fixed the aspect ratio.

NEW LINK UP!

EDIT: For whatever reason I guess you can't edit older posts on this forum.
Well, click this one I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2bGjz88C6o

And PS: I'm not spoiled, I saved and worked for 2 years to get this camera.

Nick Royer April 8th, 2007 10:34 PM

You did a great job with operating the camera. One thing I would say is slow down your camera movements. Especially with the trees at the beginning and end. Otherwise, it's great for just getting the camera.

Chris C. Collins April 9th, 2007 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Royer (Post 656497)
You did a great job with operating the camera. One thing I would say is slow down your camera movements. Especially with the trees at the beginning and end. Otherwise, it's great for just getting the camera.

Like, camera shake? If that's what you mean than yeah, I did have pretty intense shake-age goin' on; I think it's cuz I wasn't used to the weight quite yet and was having trouble keeping it steady.

It's funny though, 5 days of use later and it feels light as a feather.

Chris Harris April 9th, 2007 01:29 PM

I enjoyed it, it was pretty creative. I really liked the beginning with the shoes, and the transitions synced to the music. Keep shooting! You've got something good going here.

Trey Dillen April 9th, 2007 09:01 PM

pretty good for just messing around with it in the first few days....definately a lot of camera shake going on though...completely not about your video but what software are you using to edit?

Chris C. Collins April 9th, 2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trey Dillen (Post 657139)
completely not about your video but what software are you using to edit?

I use:
-Sony Vegas
-Adobe After Effects
-Adobe Photoshop
-Pinnacle Studio

But if you were asking JUST for this video, I used:
-Pinnacle to Capture
-Photoshop for the flower decals
-Vegas to cut.

Nick Royer April 10th, 2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris C. Collins (Post 656586)
Like, camera shake? If that's what you mean than yeah, I did have pretty intense shake-age goin' on; I think it's cuz I wasn't used to the weight quite yet and was having trouble keeping it steady.

It's funny though, 5 days of use later and it feels light as a feather.

I didn't think the camera shake was very noticeable. I meant the part in the beginning and end where the trees are spinning around.