The Curse of Micah Rood at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 1st, 2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Major Player

The Curse of Micah Rood

When I first became a filmmaker it was with a group of people who had no experience, no real knowledge of filmmaking, only a desire to make films.

I have worked as a lighting tech all the way to DP in various films thanks in no small part to the information and help found in the DV Info forums.
In this film I headed the Grip and Electrical departments.

It is with great pride that I present to you our trailer…
The Curse of Micah Rood

http://sectfilm.net/tcomr.mov 27mb

Thank you,
Bill
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Very nice. I had a little trouble with the sound. I have a Macbook which aren't known for their audio quality. But I thought it was great trailer. It built suspense and interest. I would watch it. I also really enjoyed the cinematography and the actors seemed decent. Keep us posted
Paul J Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Trustee

I want to see that movie. It looks well-shot and the acting and costumes seem first rate. I also can't predict exactly what happens in the movie unlike most big-release movies these days.

I also had a bit of trouble with sound, but mostly the levels. Everything was rather quiet. Also, the speech was almost entirely in the right channel. It was sometimes confusing when people on the left side of the screen would talk. These are probably very minor issues to correct. The big stuff like cinematography and acting seemed excellent. I look forward to seeing more.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:51 PM   #4
Major Player

Paul, Marcus,

The sound is low on my laptop as well, it sounds better with headphones.
I should explain that this version of the trailer was cut and mixed in five hours so there would be something to show at the wrap party.

The "real" ruff cut has started and we still need to shoot some pick-ups and b-roll. The talent will return to do voiceovers when needed. The boom mic was on the right channel with lavs on the left channel for safety. Therefore, that is probably why it was right channel heavy.

Thank you for the kind remarks and I will keep you informed as to our progress.
Bill
Old May 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamell View Post
Paul, Marcus,

The sound is low on my laptop as well, it sounds better with headphones.
I should explain that this version of the trailer was cut and mixed in five hours so there would be something to show at the wrap party.
Honestly, I would post a louder version. I watched it on my laptop and didn't have headphones handy.

I did like what I saw though! I'll watch it later with the headphones.
Looks interesting.

Cheers,

Mike
Old May 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Great trailer. I'd like to see the whole movie.

I read about the low audio so I turned up my speakers and the first scene sounded fine. Then the next scene came on and the guy yelled "you bastard" . It was load enough that my wife ask what was I watching. I was tempted to tell her it was a video email from one of my family members.
Walter J Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Major Player

Mike, Walter,

Thank you.

I tried to get the uncompressed version so I could work on the audio and repost but it was not saved. :-(

Bill

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work