JVC 110U Fast Food Spots at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 14th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC 110U Fast Food Spots

I posted this over in the JVC HD section, but no one replied, so I thought I might post this here.

Here are some spots I did for a local fast food chain shot on the JVC 110U. This is the first time I have shot food and for the most part I feel it turned out pretty good.

Let me know what you think...

http://www.macvilleproductions.com/p...retropetro.mov
http://www.macvilleproductions.com/p.../petrostea.mov
http://www.macvilleproductions.com/p...therpetros.mov
(and yes, if you went to the '82 world's fair in Knoxville, TN, you might know the food...)

Matthew
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:50 PM   #2
Trustee

Those commercials were horrible. They were shot well, but I hope you didn't star in those spots, Matthew. The food chromakey worked nicely, at least at the resolution of the previews. Now, I'm hungry for chili...so I think you did your job well!
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hahah I loved all three. I think the first one was my favorite. Looked great if you ask me.
Mike Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Good job! The guy was annoying in a lovable idiot kinda way. Which isn't a bad thing. And he delivered his lines well. I almost missed the "fill-et mig-non" bit cause he didn't deliver it like a joke the way a lot of commercials would. Nicely done!
Sean Skube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #5
Trustee

I re-read my post and the intended humor doesn't translate. I also thought the intended "cheesiness" was appropriate and that everything was done nicely. I'm still in the mood for chili.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Made me want to go straight to Petros!.... pity I live on the Isle of Man and the nearest one is probably about 4500 miles away.

I liked the ads,well shot.
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
I re-read my post and the intended humor doesn't translate. I also thought the intended "cheesiness" was appropriate and that everything was done nicely. I'm still in the mood for chili.
Don't worry, I caught how you meant it (aka: with a groan--that's what they are supposed to make you do!) Background on the character: the actor is one of my best friends who is involved with youth ministry with me. Our church does a summer camp each year for middle and high school with somewhat elaborate skits. The ducey character was from one of those skits and the kids absolutely loved him. Lucky for us the owner of Petros is a youth leader with us and liked the thought of using a character that already had a built in fan base. Hopefully, there will be some more spots in the future that we can expand on him some more.

Matthew
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work