Show Your Work 2008 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:16 PM   #16
Major Player

I saw the trailer, and it looks very interesting! I don't know anything about that game, but it was funny to me. Though I couldn't help but wonder, did you have to get any releases signed?
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Ha! I thought it was pretty funny! I play WoW about 5 hours a week. I might pick up a copy.

Player name: Hydrafire (Fire Mage lvl 46 on Kil'Jaedan realm)
Justin Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #18
New Boot

Galapagos Surf Trip - Movie Trailer

This is our trailer for the movie TGT Galapagos, a surf film currently in final production. Let us know what you think!

http://www.baja3000.com/2007/09/tgt_...s_trailer.html
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #19
Slash Rules!

Local (Houston) Film Festival/Showcase with some of my shorts

I hope you'll allow me to post this here.

Several of my friends are putting on a showcase of their films (they're calling a "festival", but it really isn't), and I've been allowed to come along for the ride. As such, they will be screening two of my shorts along with their short and feature length films on Jan 12 of this year. My films are "Joey and Jerome's Artistic Meaningful Independent Film", and "Every Seven Minutes."

I even made a trailer for JAJAMIF - http://joshbass.com/Site/Short_Films...jj2trailer.wmv

The event is the "Jack-Al Film Festival III," and here are the important details:

Saturday January 12, 2008
Beginning at 3pm (Doors open at 2:30) Rice Media Center @Rice University (Entrance 8 on the corner of University Blvd & Stockton – Next to Reckling Park) (Look for the Yellow Balloons)
6 Movies for $7

The "festival" website:
http://www.robertsonstreetproductions.com/page9.html

Hope any members in the Houston area can come out, or anyone visiting during that time who has nothing better to do. :-)

I'll bump this again a couple days before the event.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:58 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harris View Post
I saw the trailer, and it looks very interesting! I don't know anything about that game, but it was funny to me. Though I couldn't help but wonder, did you have to get any releases signed?
Thanks! Do you mean people's permission to use the footage? Well we got everyone's permission on video :) .
Reese Leysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Well done!

I've never attempted SMA, but its something I think I'll get into. Camera work, and filters were great. Well thought out and executed.
Steve Zugelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Leysen View Post
Thanks! Do you mean people's permission to use the footage? Well we got everyone's permission on video :) .
Yeah, that answers the question. I was pretty much just curious as to how you handled permission. Is the rest of the movie as good as the trailer? You just might have a purchase over here.

Last edited by Chris Harris; January 5th, 2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #23
Trustee

You'll want Blizzard's permission as well to use the name "World of Warcraft" and any screen capture. Especially if you're going to try to sell your product. You can certainly try to go without, but doing so could cost you the rights to the project and all your hard work...not to mention real live money in IP compensation.
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:33 PM   #24
Wrangler

My holiday skiing vids

Hi there,

Thought i'll share with you all some videos I have recently made of my recent ski trip to Saas Fee + Zermatt, Switzerland.

check them here:
http://www.frostytour.co.uk/gallery/...s.php?album=15

Video includes footage from:

Aiptek AHD 200 720P HD camcorder - AVC MPEG4
MPEG4 DIVx headcam
MPEG4 AIFF headcam

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Nice Video. I like the slomo which fits to the music.
I'm not sure if you had a polarizer on the Zermat footage or you have worked the video in the post but the sky looks also nice, from nearly white at the mountain boarder to deeper blue the higher it gets. Let me know.

Regards

Axel
Axel Scheffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #26
Regular Crew

thanks!
actually, there were no filters and no color correction. working with the photos in final cut was too annoying so i didnt have the patience to touch up anything. .. thats why you'll notice that sometimes there's shadows that flicker in the background, or reflections that change from frame to frame. i could have fixed them in photoshop first but i was just lazy, haha.

btw, if any you of guys really enjoy the film i'd appreciate if you could rate it.
thanks again.

and if anyone knows of another program that i should look into for assembling images in a sequence like that, i'd appreciate the heads up. i looked on google but didnt really find anything that appealing.
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #27
Wrangler

Hi Axel,

Thanks for your comment.

No colour correction and no polarizer its just the camera. I was amazed as well since the HD camera only costs £150 ($300). no fancy bells or whistles.

cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Eric That was just Magic
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #29
Trustee

Eric,

That was absolutely beautiful. Also, nice compression and editing. Your wildlife shots were amazing. Heck, all of it was amazing. How difficult was it to keep focus on the wind/kite surfers?
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #30
Major Player

Thanks guys. Next time I'm going for a project with an actual plan instead of just setting random clips to music.

Panning along with the kiteboarders was a little difficult with the tripod that I have and that crazy zoom. Most of those guys were very far away. But focusing wasn't as hard as I expected it to be - until of course I got cocky and set the iris to 2.8. Then it got a little tricky. I turned the peaking way up and did not use focus assist. Can never tell exposure right when focus assist is on.

Thanks again, your kind words are very inspiring.
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work