Show Your Work 2008 - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 12th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #316
Regular Crew

'Some work' reel

Tell me what you think,
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2X0YNe5SQ

thx!
Piet Deyaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #317
Major Player

Big Bad Wolves - Short Film Online

BIG BAD WOLVES

A mash-up between Quentin Tarantino and The Brothers Grimm, fairy-tales will never be the same again....

This is probably old news to some, but I just wanted to let everyone know that after two years of doing the festival circuits and television airplay, my 13-minute long, award-winning, short film entitled "BIG BAD WOLVES" is officially online!

"BIG BAD WOLVES" depicts a conversation between five mobsters, passing the time drinking and smoking in a restaurant, which slowly leads to one of the gangsters suggesting that the story of Little Red Riding Hood is actually about the importance of sex education (in the same way Quentin Tarantino's character in "Reservoir Dogs" suggests that the Madonna song "Like a Virgin" is about a particularly violent sexual encounter). The other mobsters think he's out of his mind, so the narrating mobster begins to re-tell the story as he believes it originally existed, before it was "censored" and "cleansed" for young children. What follows is a dark journey into the mythology, fantasy and the heart of the human psyche, where pure evil lurks and waits to rob us all of our innocence.

"BIG BAD WOLVES" is a hilarious and disturbing experience that will have you alternating between laugh-out-loud comedy and thought-provoking questions on morality and the fabrics of our own society.

"BIG BAD WOLVES" was the director, Rajneel Singhs second directing project, after directing "The Fanimatrix: Run Program" (watch it) in 2003.

DOP was Marc Mateo, Production Designer was Annamarie Connors, original story by Chris Kerr, Script by Rajneel Singh.
Produced by Craig Parkes (co producers Rajneel Singh and Annamarie Connors)

The film was shot in 2005 and released to festivals in 2006. It costed approximately $10,000US and was shot on Mini-DV format on the Sony DSR-300s series. It was shot entirely on location in Auckland, New Zealand. Among its prominent awards were nabbing the "BEST DIRECTOR" award at the Ohakune Big Mountain Film Festival in 2006 and "MOST PROMISING FILMMAKER" at the Rotorua Magma Film Festival hosted by Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett), Jay Laga'ia (Captain Typho) and Cliff Curtis ("Sunshine", "Three Kings", "10,000 BC" and "Die Hard 4").

This movie has been rated in New Zealand as R16 - contains excessive offensive language, horror violence and brief nudity. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.

WATCH THE TRAILER:

Low Resolution (YouTube)

WATCH THE FILM:

High Resolution (Vimeo - streaming and downloadable DIVX version)
Craig Parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #318
Regular Crew

thanks for the feedback, I have had a couple other responses suggesting some of the live audio in there as well, I may augment my reel to allow that however, I am currently offering this on a DVD which then has a full project that I've done as well. I'll look at taking out the text during the video, but do you have any font suggestions that would not be so... crap? thanks again for the input.

Dave
David Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #319
Regular Crew

Just got word that we won the contest.
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #320
Major Player

Nice job!! What did you win?
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #321
Major Player

My newest product video...thoughts?

Folks,
Here is the latest product video that I've uploaded for my employer. I hosted, shot, and edited the video.

Thoughts?

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as..._prod_ids=3064
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #322
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Mahoney View Post
Nice job!! What did you win?
$500 bucks
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #323
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Lee Gordon View Post
PJ, Your footage looks great. I'd like to know more about the film. What did you shoot it on? What was your budget? What did you edit it on, etc.
Seconded.. I'd love to know more about this film.
Greg Girardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #324
Regular Crew

Excellent work! I can see why you won awards. I liked the edits during the conversation, and the cinematography was top notch for your budget. The writers did a very good job of injecting humor without it feeling overwritten. The audio mixing and VO make it seem like a professional piece too. It's great when you get a good team together and it really shows in the final product.

The only glaring(literally) problem I saw was the balding gangster's head being overexposed compared to the other guys. I see that all the time though, shiny crowns end up looking like light bulbs on video. The brother Grimm who was wanking it at the end was a bit over the top, but I got a chuckle so no foul by me.

I like edgy humor in films and this has to be one of the better short films I've seen recently. Thanks for sharing it here.
Adrinn Chellton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 02:08 AM   #325
Major Player

A pleasure Chelton. As always, I have to put all credit to the awesome crew we organized, as well as few lucky breaks here and there (especially casting).

Bald heads and overexposure is something that's quite troublesome (especially when half of the gangster stuff was shot one day, and the other half was shot another day 5 weeks later!) but fairly unavoidable seeing as it was a DV shoot - if we had been shooting on a format with a little more latitude we could possibly have graded it out.
Craig Parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #326
Regular Crew

That was a pretty straight forward video. Good sound and video. Some background music or intro music would've added alot to it though.....
Sheldon Blais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #327
Regular Crew

Jep, I liked it too - straight forward, containing all the important information, sound and light was OK, plus you seem to be a nice guy...
I don't agree with the music suggestion, however you could show your logo a little bit longer at the end.

Cheers, Oliver
Oliver Reik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #328
Inner Circle

City of Heroes - 40 second ad

We made original costumes, effects and music for this 40 second online ad:
http://www.w00tstudios.net/index.php...ectlink&id=103

My favorite part was getting the digital chorus (Voices of the Apocalypse) to sing "He-roes - Ci-ty of He-roes!"

It's in a contest. If you like it, vote! Thanks!
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:09 AM   #329
Major Player

My second short trailer (2 of 3)

I`m still working on 3 short films I hope to complete by summer. The second one "Five Minutes Flat" is a short action based film following the main character who is out to earn his freedom from his captures (sp?) I am about the whole crew thus I've been working on them since last spring. ALot of this may get reshot depending on the weather and plants, but i thought I'd share it anyway...and ignore the "Spring 2008 ;) )

http://vimeo.com/793514
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #330

Everything I know about automobiles you could put in your eye. I didn't realize changing antennas was that easy. I can see those fancy ones getting stolen very easily!
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work