Show Your Work 2008 - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #421
Regular Crew

Kellogg's Commercial (Comedy Sketch)

Me and some friends got together and improv'd a Kellogg's commercial that is just plain down right silly, but filled with tons of fun and laughter and unexpected twists!

www.greenbench.tv/videos/Sponsors.wmv

For you Mac users:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJpEOxTd2-0

Simple equipment used. Oktava and a Rode camera mounted mic. Was a blast to shoot. Don't ask where we got the strawberry suit from. :D
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM   #422
Major Player

"why does a strawberry have f&^$&*g" legs!!??"

HAHAH
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #423
New Boot

TV Commercial "NA EKS Vitamins"

http://www.artvark.co.yu/showreel/popijte_naeks.mov

XDCAM SD + Pro35 + UltraPrimes
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #424
Inner Circle

Hah, nice commercial.
Pretty funny.

Only the audio drift bothered me sometimes. Owkay, sometimes they are meant to be harsh and sometimes they work, but sometimes they should be smoothened a bit, I feel.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:12 PM   #425
Regular Crew

Official Film Trailer "THEO"

Shot partly with JVC HD100 and HV20 with Redrock M2 35mm adaptor.

Official web-site is not up yet, but you can watch the HD video on Vimeo:

http://www.vimeo.com/825323

Compression is not too bad, but isn't great either.

Alternatively you can check out this direct link for 480P HD video stream:

http://www.galioneli.com/theomovie/t...s/theo480p.mov

Thanks for looking.
Rati Oneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:38 AM   #426
New Boot

My film shot entirely on a Canon XL2 "The Shadow Asset" - DVD now released

It has been a long time since I started this film. I learned a lot from the Canon XL2 watchdog forum. I found some great tricks and I posted some of my own that I used to get a real theatrical look from the Canon.
Well now it has all paid off.
The movie has now been released on DVD. Check out my movies website to find out more.

www.theshadowasset.com

Thanks to everyone who shared their filmmaking tips.

Wes
Wes Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #427
Regular Crew

Very impressive trailer! Love the look you have created.

Keep it up.
Ash Varma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #428
Regular Crew

Reel Question

Not sure what to do about this one. I want to put together a reel for commercial production. Exclusively for post work. My question is should I cut together clips of my work with the mix of the project or should I cut it together to a soundtrack. Now I understand that if you are a DP you would cut to music. But if you want to be an editor in this field shouldn't you include your mix of the project as well? So the client can grasp that you can handle the whole project? Or should I just cut it to music as well? Any feed back would be great on this one.
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #429
Major Player

I've always found cutting to music works well as it gives you the chance to gel a number of different works together in way which delievers a bigger impact, however at the same time bringing occasional audio elements from the original project is what i believe to be key to making it stand out. They do this alot in film trailers, where they have a music sound track playing the whole time, but on key events they will let the dialogue rise above the music to add a sence of extended drama and intimacy.

Sometimes i think it's more important a client goes away feeling 'emotionaly influenced' rather than 'technically informed' by a piece of film as i have found people will generally go by what 'feels' better regardless of how it was achieved.

Hope this helps
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #430
Major Player

Great look and pace to this, it really creates a 'feel'. Well done.
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #431
Major Player

Well done Wes, looks excellent. What sort of DVD/distribution deal deal have you got if you don't mind sharing?
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #432
Regular Crew

Thanks I see your point. This gives me something to think about. I am really going for something short and sweet. The music I have chosen is only about a minute and half long. Does anyone thing I need to make it 3 minutes like a standard reel? If I did I could bring more clips in and let them linger so I would have time to bring up the audio.

This just occurred to me. Now if the piece I am showing has music as well and I bring up the audio then the soundtrack is no good. Which could create more confusion.

Now What?
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #433
Major Player

nice cars!!!
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #434
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Pugerude View Post
This just occurred to me. Now if the piece I am showing has music as well and I bring up the audio then the soundtrack is no good. Which could create more confusion.

Now What?
In that case, I would see if I can find the audio recording without the music mixed in. Easy to do if you still have all the working files, not so easy if you don't.

If you can't isolate the voice audio, then maybe you shouldn't use that clip for the demo reel.

If you want, your demo reel doesn't need to have music throughout, maybe at certain parts. Then at the parts where there is no sountrack, you can use the clips with music mixed in with them.

Just make sure if you use these clips with audio, when you chop them up in the timeline to have the audio blend between them, so that you don't get sharp audio jolt sounds between shots.
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #435
Regular Crew

Nice, looks like a good film. The cinematography was especially attractive. The volume for the voices is a too low compared to the music, sometimes I had trouble hearing what they were saying.
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work