Show Your Work 2008 - Page 37 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 5th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #541
New Boot

Nice work!!

That boxing piece was great, I watched it a few times in a row.

What is the music? It fits really well...
Adam Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #542
Wrangler

You did a great job with this, Jerrod. I almost didn’t watch it because I was afraid it would include sad info and bring back old memories. Thanks for keeping it happy.

Judy is an amazing woman. I co-founded a group where we did this same thing (we also tried to place dogs before they ended up in the shelters), yet I burned out after six years from all the shelter sadness and dealing with deadbeat people. Of course, I also ended up keeping four dogs, so the human occupants in my home sort of helped make the decision that rescue was not the ideal job for me.

Anyway, I appreciate you getting her mission on YouTube. I’ll start passing it around, and you’re right—she needs all the help she can get.
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #543
Regular Crew

Critique My Interviews!

Hello,

Please take a look at my intervew footage ...

http://exposureroom.com/members/Tasi...f3ea1eba2b3bb/

I used quicktime h264 to compress the footage but unforutnaly it always washes out the video? So the lighitng on the tape is actually much higher contrast than what you see here. I'll try to use another codec to compress the video and upload that as well.

But give me just a general critique on the video that you see here. I know it's not perfect but at my skill level i dont know what to do to improve what i have here.

Mostly i want input on my lighting but if you have background sugjestions, framing or audio sugjestions ... let em rip!

Thanks!
George Tasick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #544
Major Player

I am still a newbie to video, as a casual watcher, here is what I noticed. the subject was on the right side of the screen, looking to his right. The title opens in the area the subject was facing. when the title disappeared, I felt my eyes drawn to the wrinkles in the backdrop of the left side of the screen.
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #545
Major Player

I personally prefer the look where the background is much dimmer which draws less attention to it. My preference are the interviews where it is just blackness behind them. Overall though I thought they were composed and well lit on the subjects.
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #546
Regular Crew

I know what you mean about the darker backgrounds ... i have a light with a really dark filter on it but it dosent seem to be enough? I guess i'll have to buy a dimmer for it and see how that works.

I would also love to have more depth of field and a blurry background but i'm stuck using a Z1U at this point.

Here is the video compressed with MPEG4 instead of H264 ... this version has much better saturation and contrast.

http://exposureroom.com/members/Tasi...030e4f190c9ee/
George Tasick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #547
Regular Crew

Dear Gregor,

The making of pictures link gives a "not found" error.
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #548
Regular Crew

Outstanding. Very emotional. Worked beautifully for me.

Side note: EX1 proves a worthy film-making tool even without 35mm adaptor. Portraits were cleverly chosen against fairly uniform backgrounds which reduced the necessity of shallow DOF. In these circumstances the out of focus areas are blurred enough not to distract. "Desaturated realism" look with classic filmlike 25p motion cadence (Germany is PAL country, every film on telly is sped up to 25p).

Good luck with the festivals, I see prices waiting for you.

Thomas

PS: Very well encoded - good quality, noticed no disturbing artifacts.
Thomas Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #549
Tourist

Dance show

Hello everyone,
Please take a look at my short (6.5 min) video I made for my wife's niece - Zaneta. I used one camera ( Sony HC1), then edit in Premier Pro CS3 with Aspect HD. I tried to get a "two camera feel". Let me know what you think.
http://www.vimeo.com/974193
Matthew Augustyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #550
New Boot

Sorry for the late reply,

The music is Four Tet "no more moschitoes" I cut a major part of the track out, used the Intro and Outro of the track basically.
Ben Coughlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #551
Regular Crew

You can change

You can change – Shot on the South Bank - London. This was unplanned short and my thanks go to Philip Bloom one for his cameo appearances but also allowing me to tag along this day. We had a few permission problems with security but they were resolved which then allowed limited access to shoot so both he and I took advantage. Set to the music of ‘Bitter Sweet Symphony’ by The Verve. Thank you also to everyone for their support on my last short If I lay here – Enjoy this one the next is in pre-production.

can be found under the films section at www.londonmarkfilms.co.uk

Last edited by Mark Dawson; May 11th, 2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: update
Mark Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:56 AM   #552
New Boot

Subterranean iPhone Blues

A fun little video I made about a week ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0FlWrxLf5o

Shot on a Z1

Enjoy
Old May 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #553
New Boot

Okay, the film is finished and it's available to download from the movies website: http://silentpaprika.kapsi.fi/evil

It would be fun to hear some comments and critique
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #554
Major Player

Nokia

Whilst on Holiday my Wife got over excited with taking stills on her new nokia, so I captured most of it ,added extra footage, and made this!

Any thoughts, comments, on filming and editing appreciated.

Thank you.

http://www.derienzo-videoproductions.co.uk/nokia.wmv
John De Rienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #555
Inner Circle

Du Jiang Yan Irrigation System (HD)

http://www.vimeo.com/1007932

Shot July 30th, 2007.

This place is close to the epicenter of the recent 7.9 earthquake, where 900 students died when a school collapsed. This footage might serve as a archive if the structures are no longer there anymore.

Shot in 60i on a HC7, post-processed via interpolate de-interlacing to 60p then slowing it down to 48p and discarding one frame to end up at 24p.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work