Show Your Work 2008 - Page 42 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #616
New Boot

Man I love this camera. Good job looks beautiful- A little shaky but some great shots.
John Patrick Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #617
Major Player

I made a music video!!! My first.

Wanted to share my first purpose created music video done for the band Underground 66.

http://www.vimeo.com/1091250

Shot with the XHA1 and using the Letus Extreme/Nikon lenses as well as the WD-H72 wide angle adapter. Everything was shot either on my DIY dolly or on my Glidecam4000/Smoothshooter stabalizer.

No custom presets used. All colour grading was done in post with correctors and Magic Bullet in Vegas Pro 8.

It's a pretty straightforward shoot with no particular storeline content added, although we are discussing that as a possibility. The location is at the "Harb" tavern in Owen Sound and gratefully time for the shoot was donated by the owner. It took about 8 hours from arriving to finishing up the day of shooting. The band really pulled through doing 14 complete takes of the song to capture various angles and shots. It was hot under all the stage lighting and these guys really tried hard to give an energetic performance every time.

I know there are some issues with the video....botched lighting, cotinuity but I'm happy as a pig in #*^$ about the overall piece.

Hope people enjoy the music and the video....

All the best,
James Hooey
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #618
Major Player

Bowery's Lament - Underground 66 video

Wanted to share my first purpose created music video done for the band Underground 66.

http://www.vimeo.com/1091250

It's a pretty straightforward shoot with no particular storeline content added, although we are discussing that as a possibility. The location is at the "Harb" tavern in Owen Sound and gratefully time for the shoot was donated by the owner. It took about 8 hours from arriving to finishing up the day of shooting. The band really pulled through doing 14 complete takes of the song to capture various angles and shots. It was hot under all the stage lighting and these guys really tried hard to give an energetic performance every time.

I know there are some issues with the video....botched lighting, cotinuity but I'm happy as a pig in #*^$ about the overall piece.

Hope people enjoy the music and the video....

All the best,
James Hooey
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #619
Contributor

Looks very good. My only suggestion is to cut out all the zooms. Nothing says "corporate video" like a zoom--just my jaded opinion. Good looking footage, nice composition. Pretty good web compression too.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #620
Regular Crew

The Milkman - short film (DIVX)

This is a short film that was shot on 16mm. It is based on the true story of my great grandfather who was a milkman, and a hitman for teamsters in the 1950's. You can watch the film at the website below and find out more information. There is also a torrent below that allows you to download the 1080P DIVX version.

Watch 480p DIVX version:
http://milkmanthefilm.com

Torrent for the 1080p DIVX version:
http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/421...63.TPB.torrent

IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183485/

Cast

Christopher Lohr ... Homer
Annie Armstrong ... Suzy the Waitress
Andrea Brodkin ... Dorothy
Evan Carnes ... Bill

Jagger Chase ... Randy\'s Son
Matt Duffer ... Policeman
Ross Duffer ... Shooter
Nathan Giese ... Thug #2

David Alan Graf ... Johnny
Derek Kent ... Randy

Douglas Macpherson ... Van Gorkum
Anthony Marostica ... Driver
Dave Nicholson ... Alleyway man
Peggy Nicholson ... Milk Customer #2
Nick Rather ... Thug #1
Lauren Ruggeri ... Diner Patron

Brandon Shim ... Mr. Chow
Mikey Younesi ... Chef
Melissa Zanit ... Georgia

Directed by
Mark Nicholson

Writing credits
(in alphabetical order)
Mark Nicholson writer

Produced by
Matt Duffer .... producer
Ross Duffer .... producer
Marcie Nicholson .... producer
Nicole Wright .... assistant producer

Original Music by
Akira Wing

Cinematography by
Annie Wildmoser

Film Editing by
Mark Nicholson

Casting by
Debbie Kagy

Production Design by
Rhiannon Gutierrez

Sound Department
Nathan Giese .... sound mixer
Justin Younesi .... boom operator

Camera and Electrical Department
Daniel Cotroneo .... gaffer
Kyle Klutz .... key grip
Justin Lutsky .... key grip
Anthony Marostica .... assistant camera
Christina Ortiz .... gaffer
Andrew Ryan .... key grip

Costume and Wardrobe Department
Debbie Kagy .... costume supervisor
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #621
Regular Crew

Never Quite The Same (2008)

Against the odds, this film actually got finished. It was a long time in the making, partly due to problems early on with one of the original directors leaving, but we got there in the end.

This is the first film I've ever made, and doing it was a massive learning curve. Now it's finished, I know how it could have been done better, but they do say hindsight is an exact science.

Anyway here it is, in case anyone here is interested in seeing it. We made it as a non profit film, and gave copies of the DVD to everyone who was involved. . . . . . . . .

Never Quite The Same was filmed over an 18 month period in Hampshire, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight.

* * * * * * * * * * NEVER QUITE THE SAME * * * * * * * * * *

He knew he shouldn't have done it. 1984 was a long time ago, so how could it have been her ? Was he really seeing what he thought he was seeing ? Was he just going mad, or did the sell by date on the wrapper in his pocket prove it was true. There was only one way to find out. It would be a risk, and also a lot of fun if things worked out. And whether they did, or not, things would be quite literally, never the same again.

In 1984, Simon Kelly met someone. Quite an interesting someone. Over the years, the one thing he remembered about her was this. She said she'd be dead before she was 25.

So, over 20 years later when he sees her on a train, he can't understand why she doesn't recognise him. The odd thing is, she doesn't look any older. Phil Harrison agrees that it's more than a little strange. When they find out she committed suicide in 1986, the situation becomes even more difficult to explain. Until they notice the sell by date, and realize what's happened. They set out to find out more, and as they do, a plan is formed. Will it work, and how will they know if it has, or not ?

Some people have said the 1980s never went away.

Simon Kelly just found out they were right . . . . . .

http://divxvine.com/3yxfbb8uqgr2/NEV...._NEW.avi.html

Google Video Version Here ...... http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14772946234239

Quicksilverscreen - http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=46911
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:52 AM   #622
Major Player

Mokee dugway

More A1 footage from the edge. This really is in the middle of nowhere west of Monument Valley, Utah. We were on our way to ride the Burr Trail, a former cattle trail on the other side of the Colorado river. Sorry for some shaky footage. I was at full 20x zoom on the A! with a rickety old tripod perched on the side of a cliff with loose rocks. There was no way we were going to do multiple takes!

http://exposureroom.com/members/Vide...24cbbc3f874c5/
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:24 AM   #623
Regular Crew

Impossible Films

This is just a collection of my stuff... Check it out and tell me what you think. Most of this was done on the dvx-100a.

Be gentle....

http://www.vimeo.com/user506532
Casey Krugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:23 AM   #624
Major Player

I've actually never seen bikes riding up/down the Moki! (Would've been cool to see POV shots from the bikes view :) We usually encounter "traffic" comprising of slow trailers, or tourists stopping along the edge to take
pics of the vista.

Did y'all make it out to infamous Muley Point? Stopped at the Goosenecks?

Best,
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:08 PM   #625
Wrangler

ah, Moki dugway, i'm so jealous. what an amazing route....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:10 AM   #626
Regular Crew

Flat out fantastic!!!!!! There are a few flaws, but aren't there always?? I loved the cinematography simple but elegant (especially the long shots), the lighting and the acting.

The crowning glory is the story! You had a beginning, middle ,and an end. That is something most short films don't have, which is why " i think" yours stands out above the rest! You also captured the period well.... Great job man great job!!!!!!!
Tunde Anjorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:21 AM   #627
Inner Circle

Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Templars fan-film

I think many of you have already heard about the fan film from these guys.
I don't know the filmmakers, but I have my eye on this fanfilm for a very long time now, and recently I saw that they had the opening of the movie as a teaser on their website. They made a full feature of about 2 hours long if I'm not mistaken (maybe I'll contact one of the filmmakers to chime in in this thread if people are interested) and I noticed how great it was (which I had already noticed in the first trailer they sent around on the internet).

Okay, the acting isn't always superb and sometimes the lightning looks great but at other times it doesn't, but for a fan film it looks very good, and most importantly: they really did a great job of having typical Spielberg-shots and the way of framing an Indiana Jones movie in their fanfilm. This was the first I noticed; how they really seemed to capture the atmosphere perfectly.

I would advice anyone to look at the opening of their movie, it looks very good, and I really like how the begin the movie, very original.
I think I've read once that they made it on a budget of 5000 or 7000 dollars. Considering the look of their project, the ambitiousness of it (a full feature, with stunts and action, but also the Indy-atmosphere and cinematography) I congratulate these guys for having the courage to not only begin with it, but finish it too.

The website:
http://www.treasureofthetemplars.com/site/

Link to the teaser opening:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v12768359fxNNf9ms

I think this fan film warrants its own thread
I'll be looking forward to see the results.

PS: I think I have noticed this film for the first time on this forum somewhere, but I couldn't find the thread anywhere, so started a new one...
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:38 AM   #628
Major Player

You did a good job of following the bikes. Felt like a pbs. Amazing looking landscape.

Did you go manual focus or auto?

Trish
Trish Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM   #629
Major Player

We made it to Goosenecks on a previous trip. Yes, it was an amazing ride.
I was the only one with a camera so we weren't able to get POV shots plus we were in a hurry to make it to the ferry across the Colorado then on to Escalente by nightfall. there was rain to the west so we were in a hurry. I had a long climb just to get to the point where I was shooting and only had a flashlight to signal the other guys.

Everything was shot on manual. Its a real bear to focus in that bright light and keep your balance too!
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM   #630
Major Player

I'll chime in with the origional thread, http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...t=daniel+riser

Iv spoken to Daniel about getting tickets to the premiere in scotland a while ago but not heard from him since, i also worked with two of the actors that were in the film on my own projects and i still keep in contact with them so i could drop them a line and ask if they've heard anything

Would love to see it myself

Andy

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work