Show Your Work 2008 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:01 AM   #61
New Boot

Contest

Dave, you got robbed!. IMO, your video is pretty damn good. Concept very good from a marketing point of view, and execution without much to criticize. Far superior to the 'winning' video.
Daniel Vanniekerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:41 AM   #62
Major Player

Some stuff

A few things working on aside from commercial work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqvztI2MrE0

http://rileyharmon.com/news4.html ( X_X )
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Short Documentary Trailer

My original post said Wedding Trailer. This turned out to be a documentary and less wedding footage. Please feedback your thoughts.

Thanks again
Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM   #64
Major Player

I find the Youtube clip to be WAY too talky! I jumped out of it after about a minute or so but then went back to give it a second chance. It's interesting but it takes too long to see what you are talking about and then you are silent while we watch the demonstration of the game. I would suggest that you begin to show the game while you are still explaining it. Overlap the two. One of the great things about editing is that you can condense things.

As for the receipt section...same criticism. Your explanation is fine but you should show a close up pan of the receipts as you talk about them. You are standing in the dark, give me something to watch while I listen to you, it is VIDEO after all!

Good luck with your project!
Michael Pulcinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #65
Major Player

they arent my videos, i just did my work and some art video website sonarta.com made interviews at the show. i was just there to show stuff
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM   #66
Major Player

I see. You obviously put a lot of thought into your art, you need to find a videographer/editor that puts as much thought into theirs. You are not being presented as well as you could be, is all I'm saying.

Also, if you put a video on a video forum you should expect that the video technique will get critiqued, not just the content.

Last edited by Michael Pulcinella; January 23rd, 2008 at 08:03 AM.
Michael Pulcinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:25 PM   #67
Major Player

Snowy Bird Feeder

My first real test of my new (and first) HDV camcorder. Shot on Saturday afternoon through the back door (through the glass!).

http://www.4shared.com/file/35644476...ified=6feae3b4

(48MB; 20 seconds; m2t)
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #68
Major Player

Car show Frankfurt2007

shorter version of an original version that I made .

It is a bit easier for the eyes and smoother than the longer version,

http://blip.tv/file/472200?filename=...Version630.mov
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #69
New Boot

Funny Video for your Enjoyment! (Contest Finalist!)

Just how far would you go to save a couple bucks?!

This video was selected as one of the 10 finalists in a Nationwide (Canada) Video Contest by ING Direct.

To see the video, click on this link: http://www.ingdirect.ca/superstarsaver/watch.html.

Once there, click on the grey ‘Vote’ tab:

1 – click on “Next Video >>” until you come across the video called “Sauvez A Bout de Souffle!” (Save Til You’re Out of Breath! Don't worry, the video has subtitles!)

2 - or type “Sauvez” in the “Search for a video:” box at the bottom, and then click on the small icon that appears underneath.

If you like my video, please vote for it!
To vote, simply click on the ‘thumbs up’ icon. To see a larger version of the video, click on the "Post a Response" button, which takes you to the video on YouTube. There you can leave comments and give the video a star rating (although voting can only be done with the thumbs up icon). I’d love to know what you think!

Voting goes on until January 30th. Everyone can vote for my video once a day, so please visit the site and vote as many days as you can!

Thanks for your comments and thanks for your votes!

Cheers,

Pierre Louis Beranek

Last edited by Pierre Louis Beranek; January 24th, 2008 at 11:19 PM.
Pierre Louis Beranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #70
Major Player

Quick Hong Kong style fight

So i met a guy from boston last week that has a small stunt team. My friend David and I hung out for a few hours with him and decided to choreograph and film something on the spot. Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3bqy3fKzO4
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #71
Wrangler

That was great Nathan. Looks like a lot of fun. Did they have that choreographed or was it improvised on the spot.
Old January 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #72
Major Player

Need critique on commercial.

Hey everybody,

I need some feedback on this 30 second commercial. It will be going up on various networks, so any constructive criticism would be much appreciated!

http://www.rpmproductions.info/videos/samples/p17.mov

Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #73
Trustee

I like it. Beautiful images, and well shot. Incredible color, and good lighting.

Suggestions:

I'd like to see shots of her doing the chef-thing in the beginning, where she says she's a chef.

I'd like to see shots of a great bar and great live music when she mentions those things.

The end, where she transitions from "this is an interview" mode to saying "Parallel 17, a vietnameese restaurant located at..." is weird. Get a VO guy for that part, or just do it via text. As it stands, it breaks the flow of the spot, and it has good flow up to that point.

Also, I'd like to see a couple more shots of the food, because it looked REALLY good.

Better than about 90% of the local restaurant spots around here. Good job.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #74
Regular Crew

Why the push in/pull out shot of the photo of the guy on the motorcycle?
Looks clean other than that...
Charlie Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #75
Major Player

Thanks Mike for the feedback. The "chef-thing" idea I like, and I do have some footage of her in the kitchen. I haven't been able to get any material on the live music, but the shots when she's talking about the bar are of the bar. Maybe I should throw in a wider shot of the bar at that point? She is currently trying to get me some pics of her dishes and I may have to go back in and shoot some band footage. The break in the flow at the end was somewhat intentional to pull the viewers attention back into what the meaning of it all is. So many commercials go unnoticed because they don't make a statement, but maybe I should think about re-working it a little bit. Thank you again for all of your suggestions, they are great!

Charlie, the push in/pull out shot was put in cause I thought it was a nice touch. Now that I look at it some more, maybe I should stick with the slow pan across the pic that I had in there before. I'll mull it over.

This is exactly why critique is so vital, you begin to see things that you have lost in the countless hours of looking at the same footage over and over again. It's great to have a second, third, tenth set of eyes.

Thanks again,
Ryan
Ryan Mueller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work