Need Help, how to find which wireless mic Frequencies are 'legal' in China? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 22nd, 2017, 04:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Need Help, how to find which wireless mic Frequencies are 'legal' in China?

Hi all. I've been trying to figure out which wireless mic frequencies are available for use in China for an upcoming project but have not been able to find out difinitively, despite a lot of searching.

Does anyone know of a site which may list available frequencies or how I might go about getting solid, up to date information so I can buy the right product?

Thanks a bunch!
Old May 22nd, 2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Need Help, how to find which wireless mic Frequencies are 'legal' in China?

Might be easiest to go with the ones that use the Wi-Fi frequencies. Those have gotta be legal. :-)

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 08:13 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Unless you are hiring a pro sound mixer in China, do yourself a favor and just use 2.4ghz like the Røde Wireless Video Mics or the 1.9ghz Sennheiser AVX wireless. Neither require government permission or registration anywhere in the world. I would not deal with the Chinese government on registering and obtaining clearance for UHF, it is reportedly a nightmare (I have a friend who shots in Shenzen a lot)

Last edited by Dan Brockett; May 24th, 2017 at 07:27 AM.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 09:40 AM   #4
Trustee

The Chinese government is very strict on any radio equipment and you will be best advised to hire a local sound guy or sound kit from someone who speaks the language and knows the rules.

We even had problems during the Olympics and they were all over anything that was not a known entity.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 09:48 AM   #5
Supports LPFM Radio

Where in China will you be?

Maybe contact this reseller in Beijing? Sorry, I don't know if they rent or not...
?????? ?? Lectrosonics,SoundDevices,HME,??????,???????...
Jim Feeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 12:13 PM   #6
Inner Circle

As backup option a digital recorder with lav.You can't monitor it and it needs to be synched in post...

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; May 23rd, 2017 at 01:53 PM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:39 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
As backup option a digital recorder with lav.You can't monitor it and it needs to be synched in post...
That's not a bad idea

Will be shooting in Sichuan, mostly rural areas and in the mountains. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Old May 26th, 2017, 01:26 AM   #8
Inner Circle

When the UK switched from channel 69 to 38 a few years back, the Chinese factories couldn't produce ch38 equipment because it was being used by their military. They can now do some of the channels, but not our full range - and let's face it, if they cannot produces something for export, you have to ask why? Probably get carted off in the middle of the night!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #9
Major Player

I did get a response from Sennheiser's China branch on what frequencies were legal. He said all of their products (current I assume) would work there. I also received an email from Boya which makes a line of dual-channel wireless mics, and their product is legal to use in China too ..according to them.

But anyway, I have decided the better approach is to take Paul's advice (above) and just use audio recorders and Lavs. Gets around a whole bunch of other things including interference issues, longer battery life and more. It's mainly for backup audio and in noisy places. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio